Custom Product Builder

Custom Product Builder

by Buildateam

Product Customizer + Add Static Art & Text

Codabow

EXCELLENT service team. Fast and responsive plus they built some custom design features for us.

Would recommend.

scusemycustom

I used the app for a special part in my website and I needed help for a special feature : the help team is quick, nice and efficient. Thanks a lot !!!!

Life on Motion

Thanks to the Product Builder, our challenge to offer our customers to customize our best bracelet design was excellently accomplished! Understanding exactly what we need and doing a professional job we have achieved it thanks to the good attitude, patience, responsibility of Alexey and his team!

FrostNYC

Great app for customizing products. Customer service is phenomenal and addressed all my needs. highly recommended

SHC Custom Portraits

After working with this app for about a month I can say that once you get a hang of it it's great. There are so many possibilities for product customization and the team has been so helpful and responsive, always tweaking the app for our specific needs and fixing any issues we had. The app itself takes some getting used to, but I'd give 5 stars for the helpfulness of the developers alone.

ViajecitoPH

Disappointed with this app. I initially had really high hopes - interface-wise, it looked the best among similar apps and had the most logical process (although it takes a while to get the hang of it but once you do, it's great) the app has a LOT of bugs that cannot be fixed. Customer service is extremely slow and I would wait weeks to get a response back (yes, while paying 50$ a month which is a very high price for a half functioning app). In the end, they couldn't give me what I needed and neither were they willing to offer a refund despite my requests for taking long to get back to me and not solving my problems. Other apps I've dealt with offer refunds immediately if their app doesn't meet your needs. Also, make sure to check compatibility with other apps you are using. This app also turned out to be incompatible with a multi-country pricing app I was using.

May 24, 2019

Hi ViajecitoPH team,

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry that you experienced delays with our support team.
We took steps to improve our processes and we try to respond to submitted tickets much faster now.
We also started receiving more and more complex custom product requests and even though our application is already quite flexible, we have hard times catching up with all the customization & features that are being requested. It does indeed take us some effort & time unfortunately to deliver, but it's pleasing to see the end result eventually. We thank everyone for their patience with us. We are trying to make things better as fast as we can..
We also apologize that you have not received a full refund when you asked for it. There was some miscommunication and your request was never sent to Shopify support who actually handles the refunds. We have taken care of this now and have asked them to send you a refund for the time that you were unable to use the application. We hope that it was already processed and deposited to your account!
We have also worked on building compatibility with some of the multi-currency apps. We will continue monitoring this situation and keep adding more integrations.

Please let us know if we can do anything else for you.

Sincerely,
CPB Team.

Keatz Takeaway

Nice functionality but it frequently doesn't save the product variants properly and you have to re-do it which takes ages to set-up.

April 28, 2019

Dear Keatz Takeaway Team,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you have experienced issues with saving the custom products.

Please note that currently in order to ensure the custom product categories / options / custom layers are saved properly – first click SAVE at the bottom of the category / panel / option screen, and only after that the SAVE button at the top of the page.

We realize that this is not ideal UX / UI, and we are actively working on improving it. Meanwhile, if you need any help with the product setup or have any questions - feel free to email us, and we will take care of any issues you have asap.

Sincerely,
CPB Team.

Profound Expression

We've only been working with this app for just over the 30-day trial period. While it takes a little getting used to, once we figured it out, it was exactly what we were looking for. Lex has been extremely responsive, and his team has been able to quickly resolve any challenges we've experienced. Selfishly, we'd like to keep this app a secret to ourselves, but in fairness to the great folks at Buildateam, it is only suiting that we post a great positive review in recognition of their fantastic work, incredible innovation, and invaluable support. All have been a real game-changer for our business!

Chase Street Accessories

This app AUTOMATICALLY edits your live theme instead of being able to install on a test theme. When you remove it, it doesn't remove any of the code. This is terrible.

Update: The developers sent three emails AND called my physical store over the last 24 hours due to this review. They requested collaborator access to my store AFTER I had already removed the app. They sent information about how to remove the code, and asked that I remove this review. While this shows they likely have very responsive customer service, they clearly do not understand other small businesses. I cannot in good conscience give a higher score to a company that charges $50 for what is essentially beta software that edits live code.

I understand that a one-star review is very damaging to startup company, but isn't that the point of reviews? I firmly believe this is an unprofessional way to run a beta (no matter how responsive customer service is), so I cannot change the score. I suspect this team does not have a lot of experience with software development because this is such a basic mistake and such an odd pricing structure.

Also, please don't expect me to disrupt my busy day and get back to you immediately when this is your mistake. One email would have been enough followup, after which I might have chosen to respond.

April 18, 2019

Hi Chase Street Accessories Team,

Thank you for your feedback. We are really sorry that you have experienced issues while installing / uninstalling our application.

We updated our description page with a reminder to make backups of the published theme before installing our (or any) application and we will update the installation process to allow selecting a test theme.

We tried to contact you multiple times and sent you a store management request to make sure that we help you take care of any problems you faced as soon as possible. We are committed to making every customer happy. We apologize that our desire to help resolve your issues with our application made you angry.

Building software products using latest available web technology is a hard and time consuming process that requires a lot of resources. There are always things that can be improved. Although not ideal, our application has solved the needs of a lot of merchants selling custom made products. We are also working 24/7 on improving the UX / UI of the application and refactoring it to make it work faster and more stable.

Emma Lyn

I have been using this app for about a year and I can't say enough about it. It is EXACTLY what I had been looking for, allowing my customers to completely customize their accessories. It is very user friendly and is so easy to customize to make it how you want it. Above anything else, their customer support is AMAZING. They have quickly gotten back to my emails multiple times and have fixed any issue that I was having and answered any questions. If you are in the custom product industry, you need to check out this app! It does require a lot of work on the front end to set up and upload your images, but once that is all done, you don't have to worry about anything else, and it is easy to make changes.

Previous 1 3 4