Custom Product Builder

Custom Product Builder

by Buildateam

Product Configurator. Product Customizer. Custom Options.

Keatz Takeaway

Nice functionality but it frequently doesn't save the product variants properly and you have to re-do it which takes ages to set-up.

April 28, 2019

Dear Keatz Takeaway Team,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you have experienced issues with saving the custom products.

Please note that currently in order to ensure the custom product categories / options / custom layers are saved properly – first click SAVE at the bottom of the category / panel / option screen, and only after that the SAVE button at the top of the page.

We realize that this is not ideal UX / UI, and we are actively working on improving it. Meanwhile, if you need any help with the product setup or have any questions - feel free to email us, and we will take care of any issues you have asap.

Sincerely,
CPB Team.

Profound Expression

We've only been working with this app for just over the 30-day trial period. While it takes a little getting used to, once we figured it out, it was exactly what we were looking for. Lex has been extremely responsive, and his team has been able to quickly resolve any challenges we've experienced. Selfishly, we'd like to keep this app a secret to ourselves, but in fairness to the great folks at Buildateam, it is only suiting that we post a great positive review in recognition of their fantastic work, incredible innovation, and invaluable support. All have been a real game-changer for our business!

Chase Street Accessories

This app AUTOMATICALLY edits your live theme instead of being able to install on a test theme. When you remove it, it doesn't remove any of the code. This is terrible.

Update: The developers sent three emails AND called my physical store over the last 24 hours due to this review. They requested collaborator access to my store AFTER I had already removed the app. They sent information about how to remove the code, and asked that I remove this review. While this shows they likely have very responsive customer service, they clearly do not understand other small businesses. I cannot in good conscience give a higher score to a company that charges $50 for what is essentially beta software that edits live code.

I understand that a one-star review is very damaging to startup company, but isn't that the point of reviews? I firmly believe this is an unprofessional way to run a beta (no matter how responsive customer service is), so I cannot change the score. I suspect this team does not have a lot of experience with software development because this is such a basic mistake and such an odd pricing structure.

Also, please don't expect me to disrupt my busy day and get back to you immediately when this is your mistake. One email would have been enough followup, after which I might have chosen to respond.

April 18, 2019

Hi Chase Street Accessories Team,

Thank you for your feedback. We are really sorry that you have experienced issues while installing / uninstalling our application.

We updated our description page with a reminder to make backups of the published theme before installing our (or any) application and we will update the installation process to allow selecting a test theme.

We tried to contact you multiple times and sent you a store management request to make sure that we help you take care of any problems you faced as soon as possible. We are committed to making every customer happy. We apologize that our desire to help resolve your issues with our application made you angry.

Building software products using latest available web technology is a hard and time consuming process that requires a lot of resources. There are always things that can be improved. Although not ideal, our application has solved the needs of a lot of merchants selling custom made products. We are also working 24/7 on improving the UX / UI of the application and refactoring it to make it work faster and more stable.

Emma Lyn

I have been using this app for about a year and I can't say enough about it. It is EXACTLY what I had been looking for, allowing my customers to completely customize their accessories. It is very user friendly and is so easy to customize to make it how you want it. Above anything else, their customer support is AMAZING. They have quickly gotten back to my emails multiple times and have fixed any issue that I was having and answered any questions. If you are in the custom product industry, you need to check out this app! It does require a lot of work on the front end to set up and upload your images, but once that is all done, you don't have to worry about anything else, and it is easy to make changes.

vxa.life

Looking forward to seeing how the app progresses and the future updates that are coming for stability and easier implementation. Super excited to eventually integrate into one of our stores.

Go Furnit

Update: Support really tries and offers custom solutions and quick developer support! I will update again after the support solves my issues.

Support tries to help but the tool is really not worth 50$ a months... First I could not save changes, not front view collides with other views and cannot save it properly. Jumps back to front all the time.

March 31, 2019

Hi there,
We are really sorry that you have experienced issues while trying out our Custom Product Builder App. There may be many reasons for why it happened. For example an older browser version, theme setup or other custom apps & scripts in your store may conflict with our application.
We are 3-person bootstrapped team and we have helped many Shopify merchants to set up their custom products using our application. We understand that our app is not ideal and we always try to come to the rescue whenever someone has issues. We are also working on refactoring the application, improving user experience and optimizing the performance.
If you would like us to help you setup your custom product for you or help resolve the issues that you are facing, please don't hesitate to email us at support@buildateam.io and we will gladly help you asap.

B2Bartandplants

Evergreen Art And Plants
I really like the improvements on your upload image options. This provides our clients with custom features that were needed. Excellent work.

Olympus Rugby

We used this app to create a custom apparel builder. It was easy to set up, works great, and was a fraction of the cost of competitors.
We also worked with the BuildATeam developers to create a custom button for our store. The development team is amazing; they were fast, asked all the right questions, and again slashed competitor prices.
We are so happy to have found such an easy solution to our custom builder!

ZAM Helmets

A few bugs like any reasonably sophisticated software, but support fixed them, gave me email updates and walked me through the necessary fixes. Overall great experience once I got up and running.

Independence Brothers

Support is incredible. I had so many questions/concerns but they walked me through every problem I encountered and I ended up with an absolutely incredible, one of a kind jacket builder that isn't anywhere else in the world! $50/month for this feature is so worth it. Yes you have to put in the work - make sure all your images are the same resolution and have proper transparency to layer. But the end result is great, though the learning curve is high.