Frequently Bought Together

Frequently Bought Together

by Code Black Belt

Amazon-like Recommended Products, Upsell Bundles and Discounts

Ferris Wheel Press

The app really has a ton of options in terms of formatting but it has one fatal flaw....you can only have one discount applied universally, therefore making this app useless. Two stars for the formatting options.

May 5, 2020

Hello, thanks for trying our app!

Frequenlty Bought Together is not a discount app but an upsell app.
It has a lot of options like a complex algorithm for automatic recommendations, manual bundles, global recommendations, powerful stats and it also allows you to apply discounts to the bundles.

We are sorry you did not appreciate its full potential and we wish you the best for your business.

Figured'Art

The app overall works, except a very annoying bug with the SAVE button which is sometimes not displayed in app back office, so you have to change your settings 20 times before being able to save....

As for the app functions:

Only use this app if you want the displayed recommended products to be from the same "category" as the products that will actually display these recommendation. If you want the perfect setup you will need the Manual recommendation, which is only working product by product.

I explain:

You CANNOT setup manual recommendations with different recommendations strategies and product to display depending on product types or collections. It is ONLY product by product.

I have more than 3000 products, on 3 duplicated store. How long I need to do that, in your app slow back office?

Basically I have two main product type on my store. I would like to display all relevant accessories as "frequently bought together", but obviously the accessories for one product type are totally different than accessories for another product type.

We cannot workaround this stuff with excluded product since, again the excluded list, exclude your products from ALL recommendations.

Except the manual recommendations, automatic algo mode is pretty, but not relevant enough. (again if my customer buy a car, I am not trying to sell him another car on top of that, but instead some options, tires, dash cam, gps).

Global and random recommendations: messy. not relevant.

February 17, 2020

Hello,

thanks for your feedback.

We have not received any message from you about a problem with the 'Save' button, if you give us more details we will do our best to help.

About the app configuration, the app has many options but they may not cover the needs of all stores. There are many different apps in the Shopify App Store to cover different needs and we think this is a good thing.

We offer a 30-day trial period so you can try the app at no cost and see if it is a good fit for your store or not. Even when you are under the trial period, I can see that the app has already generated a lot of sales in your store (see the 'See statistics' button at the end of the preferences) so we hope that you can still find some value on it.

Shop Snoo

Has anyone found that this actually leads to more confusion for the customer? As they scroll down particularly on mobile, they see another cart with a higher price on, and from watching my customer recordings some have started manually crossing things off the Frequently bought together cart. Therefore I'm starting to think it may be more of a hindrance than a benefit!

Saying that I have had one ordered, quite large added through this!

Not sure what to make of it but have deactivated to test.

March 26, 2019

[Note: the feature which allows developers to reply to reviews has only been available since March 2019, that's the reason for the late reply]

The merchant was critical of the app's design and functionality, despite the app being designed to mimic Amazon's famous Frequently Bought Together section. The app's features and look are clearly explained in the app listing page with a video and pictures to show it in action.

This widget has been available on Amazon for more than ten years and they do a lot of usability testing and it won't be there if it wouldn't have proven useful.

Almost all of our merchants see positive conversions through the app and find it complements their store and gives it a more professional look and feel, which helps ease the customer's shopping experience.

Our experience is similar, our customers usually get more sales when using the app but that, of course, depends a lot on other factors such as a store's traffic and customer base (the app also works better with products which complement one another).

We wrote to the merchant to explain how the app is designed and displayed in their store and asked for further feedback, but received no reply.

Sattaj Collection

good but not very. its not satisfying

March 26, 2019

We were sorry to hear that you didn't find the app "satisfying".

We wrote to you on two occasions, showing the app working well and tuned to your theme and provided you with additional information on how the app works, but unfortunately, received no reply or any additional feedback.