Google channel

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

Wild Earth

This app will break the sales tax calculations in the product feed, by overwriting your Google Merchant Center sales tax settings. Once broken, Google will send you a warning of account suspension for incorrect sales tax calculations. (Long story short: it will not apply sales tax to shipping for states where that's required, no matter what you do to force it.) Shopify support will not help you, and they will spend 2 weeks trying to convince you that it's your fault. It's not, their app has a bug which they refuse to fix or acknowledge. Multiple threads on the Shopify community boards will confirm this. I used the app "Multiple Google Shopping Feeds" instead and it worked right away. Save yourself and do not use Shopify's Google channel app.

June 14, 2022

Hey there,

Vance here from Shopify. Thanks for providing feedback. We're sorry to hear that you faced sales tax issues when using the Google channel. We definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need. I'll be sending an email out to you shortly to open a line of communication to see if I can be of further assistance.

Vance | Shopify

Chaani.in

Location India

Using this app has increased traffic to my website but has done nothing for sales. The problem is that google has only one classification of "sarees and lehengas" in their list for all the millions of varieties of sarees that are available in India. I doubt if they can match a search query to the product at all

June 14, 2022

Hi there,

Vance here from Shopify. Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that Google's classifications for products are limited. I've followed up with you over email to open up the lines of communication to discuss any of your concerns further.

Vance | Shopify

Superheroes Warehouse

Useless. Many non-functional features. 1-We have GTIN barcodes in all products and keeps saying missing GTIN.
2-On a product we select the correct Age and Gender to the product, we save, but then we go back to the product and stills not showing our selection. Needless to say that then Google will not have those product details. ...and more... Not worth of the Shopify brand. A "stain". The worse: look at the reviews, since long time reported problems, and Shopify does NOTHING to improve it.

Transcendent Essence

This app does nothing for me AT ALL! I have installed, un-installed, and re-installed several times and I keep getting notifications saying my account was suspended and does not meet the requirements. Every time I tried to claim my website, it keeps saying my meta tags are not correct. I'm done with this channel.

AutoFastenersAndClips.com

Not a good app for stores with many products. We have more than 10,000 products and were constantly fighting with Google over their numerous automated error alerts. We were threatened several times by Google of removing us from the index all-together. We no longer advertise on Google and don't bother with Google shopping anymore. Shopify is far more flexible with their data requirements than Google is, and so it is far too much work to get every single item to comply with Google. Save yourself a lot of grief and don't install this app.

June 9, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Google channel app. We're sorry to hear that you ran into issues with Google's policies, while Google is responsible for approving products, we can help to ensure that your products are meeting their requirements. I'll be sending an email out to open up the lines of communication and help where I can.

- Nate | Shopify

Giordana Cycling

the app is terrible. it does not update all fields correctly, google is threatening to suspend our account because pricing and GTIN are not being updated. we tried to push our own manual feed, but this can't be a solution, as the APP should automate and send the information correctly to Google. It is literally built by Google and Shopify. How difficult is it to make it work correctly and send all of the information?

June 8, 2022

Hey there,

Charlotte here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need regarding the issues you are facing with the Google Channel. I'll be sending an email out to you shortly to open a line of communication to see how I can help.

Charlotte | Shopify

EMILIENNE

J'ai installé l'application et aussi effectué deux campagnes. Je ne sais plus ce qui se passe. Je n'ai plus accès à rien. L'application ne fonctionne plus sur mon site et on me dit que " Google has noticed that your store doesn't meet its requirements."
Je suis très déçue.

newstoredublin

Location Ireland

Great! Love the Google sales channel. Improves sales and business manager account runs ads perfectly fine.

TimbukToys

This app is broken. Bar codes are not not being assigned to the GTIN.
Only allows editing feed data via also broken Shopify bulk editor

June 4, 2022

Hey there,

John here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles you are facing with assigning your GTINs to products. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here and see if we can address some of these concerns.

John | Shopify

The Lovely Boutique

This the worse app ever. Google suspension my account for misrepresentation. Which is crazy because of my product are clothes, shoes, and handbags.

May 27, 2022

Hello,

Jackie here from Shopify. Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback. We're going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and see if we can address some of the issues you were having with the app.
Jackie | Shopify