Google channel

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

Capim Estrela

Location Brazil
Time spent using app Over 1 year

the app doesnt open or load. Is there anything you can do? ............................................................................

July 19, 2022

Hi there,

Vance here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, your feedback is very important to us. I was able to take a look at your shop and I can see that your Google channel is fully functioning. Glad to see that things are working well now! I'll be in touch via email and continue to offer any further support you need.

Thanks again,

powerbrakeexchange

The main issue that we have is the GTIN missing issue, but apparently that's old news with the amount of reviews and the inability for the issue to be fixed. Either support doesn't have the authority to float this critical issue up, or there's a brick wall between Shopify and Google. Either way, not very reassuring. Through testing it has become pretty clear that either column for GTIN on the data being sent to GMC either has a bad naming convention or bad path way assignments as GMC will pull all other data but the UPC, which is on the data sheet going to GMC - it just gets read on the GMC side as a blank cell. The thing that is really irritating is that although we cant fix this ourselves, it cannot be that hard of a fix.

July 18, 2022

Hi there,

Cathal here from Shopify. Thanks for leaving a review, your feedback is very important to us. I am sorry that you are having issues with your GTINs. I am going to take a look at your Google channel and see if I can help. I will contact you by email soon.

Thanks again,

Cathal| Shopify

PLAYMORE TCG

My account got suspended because of Account suspended due to policy violation. The feed is inputting invalid information. Google Merchant Feeds are incredibly particular and if the automated feeds are setup wrong. You will be flagged as spam or a bot.

July 18, 2022

Hi there,

Cathal here from Shopify. Thanks so much for leaving a review, feedback is very important to us. Account suspensions come directly from Google and we can't help to overturn their decisions, however, I am going to take a look at the reasons for this suspension and see if I can offer any insight and will contact you directly by email as soon as possible. Thanks again.

Cathal | Shopify

DAYDREAMERS CLUB

Location Australia

I cannot get any support for this app. Shopify tell me to contact Google and give me a contact link. Google tell me they cannot do anything and tell me to contact Shopify, (because it is Shopify who actually created the app, not Google).. Even when talking to a Google representative, they can't seem to help with Google merchant, ads or analytics, or help me to integrate this with Shopify correctly. I just keep getting messed around and not one can do anything.. Initially the Google channel did work for a month when I first integrated it. But after I paused the smart shopping ads for a month, it was never able to work again. However it still says active and I cannot remove the campaign or start a new campaign (because it tells me I already have a campaign running).. I have problems with Gtins and barcodes as well, I've updated them numerous times and still I have problems with this. It is incredibly frustrating and depressing that I cant get any help from Shopify or Google to assist me to properly integrating the google shopping ads, which are fundamental to getting traffic to my store and making sales. Same with the Ebay app as well. It just doesn't integrate properly with Shopify, and no one seems to be able to fix it. It feels like Shopify is easy to add a few images and text to your site, but incredibly hard to use to actually run a business that makes sales through advertising products.

Hi there,

Ashley here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues when attempting to run Google Smart Shopping campaigns. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication.

Ashley | Shopify

S3ART Store

Location Spain

Google Ads does not detect the conversion tags that this app should inject on my website. As always, Shopify shits on the apps they do... I had a bad experience with Facebook sales channel made by Shopify in the past.

Hi there,

Vance here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Google channel. We want to make sure you get the support you need regarding the issues you faced. I'll be sending you an email to follow up on your concerns and open up the lines of communication.

Vintage Green Review

I installed Google channel and it automated a Smart Shopping campaign for me and it was working beautifully for about two weeks, but then Google Ads Manager prompted me to upgrade my campaign to Performance Max, indicating that ALL Smart Shopping campaigns would be switched to PM in July and that I should do it early to reap greater results sooner. So, as there was not an option to do this in the Google sales channel, I did it directly in Google Ads manager. Now, the old Smart Shopping campaign was disabled and the new PM is not getting as many sales. And, both Google Merchant Center and Ads Manager appear to have completely disconnected from Shopify. Conversions, budget, cost not updating in Shopify at all. When I go to the Merchant center, it tells me the I should connect Shopify's Google channel to advertise, but I'm already advertising! I'm concerned that my conversions are being missed, and that when I update or create new products in Shopify they will no longer sync automatically with Merchant Center or Ads but I have searched high and low for tutorials on how to fix this problem, as it's new. If google is forcing all Smart Shopping campaigns to switch over to PM, then surely this is going to be a big problem for everyone using Google Channel? PLEASE HELP! Thank you.

Hi there,

Vance here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Your feedback is extremely important to us. I'm sorry to hear that you've run into issues with Google wanting you to upgrade your Smart Shopping campaigns outside of Shopify. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication and offer you further support.

Junglearth.in

Location India
Time spent using app About 1 year

my products suddenly stopped showing by google ads, mailed, called, they there is no account issues but still my problem is not solved

July 5, 2022

Hi there,

Chris here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear that you experienced issues running Google Smart Shopping campaigns. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication.

Chris | Shopify

Mels Crafty Mojo LLC

Time spent using app About 3 years

For a free app/sales channel integration this can get you excellent results with both free Google shopping listings as well as smart shopping campaigns. We were seeing 15-20x ROAS on our smart shopping campaign from about the 4th month after installation, continuing for about 18 months. Although those levels are not what they use to be now, they are still decent. It’s important that you have a Google ads account and merchant center account set up and that your online store meets all of Google’s policies before connecting to your Google account. Once you connect your store to Google they will inspect your site and product listings and if your site does not meet all of the requirements then Google will suspend and possibly ban your account and it can be very difficult to get it resolved to try again. The app itself is a bit buggy and clunky. One major issue is that, even if you have product UPC/GTIN code entered in your product setup pages in your admin, Google will show your products as having no GTIN. While this doesn’t completely prevent your products from appearing on Google shopping listings & ads, it will suppress them from many search results and cause them to rank much lower. To fix this, you must go into the Google channel app and go to your products and change the ‘custom product’ field to ‘false’ for each individual product (it is blank by default). If you have a lot of SKUs this can be extremely time consuming, as you can only bulk edit fifty at a time, and each time you save, it starts you back over at the beginning of your list of products. There is no option (like in the products admin) to sort, filter, or bulk select more than one page of products. If you have 3000+ products like we do, expect to have to search, page by page for individual newly added products, only to be able to ‘fix’ one product and then start completely over from the beginning again to find and fix the next. These issues are the only reason for not giving a 4 or 5 star review.

July 10, 2022

Hi there,

Vance here from Shopify. Thanks for taking the time to leave a detailed review of the Google Channel. We truly appreciate your feedback. I'm going to send you an email to open up the lines of communication and address your concerns further.

hardsoda

Location United Arab Emirates

I won't recommend using this! Since it is not working properly! The google shopping campaign must be done via google ads directly! This app is useless just like the support team of google ads.

July 4, 2022

Hi there,

Vance here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear that you experienced issues running Google Smart Shopping campaigns. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication.

tuna breff

I used this app and found it painfully useless. With each update of the feed to Google, my products were disapproved because my polo shirts were labeled as pharmaceuticals for some reason. All of my products showed up in the canned fish section, not under t-shirts, rash guards, or swimwear. I contacted Google about the issues, and they were unable to help. I was using the free version while all this was occurring, but they kept attempting to charge me for it. I was not over their item limit, in fact, I had removed most of my content. I eventually restricted the items to just unisex tees. I finally gave up on this app because it end up never working (zero views). After I restricted my feed to unisex tees, they were not populated to the t-shirts section, I was still stuck in the canned fish section (my biz name is tuna breff and I make cat-themed items). It was a headache and not worth the amazing hoops I jumped through to set everything up. I'll add that while Google was helpful, the same issues occurred with each feed update. That's what made it not worth using. It did not work correctly.

July 4, 2022

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for our app. My name is Vance and I'm with the Support Specialist team at Shopify. I've sent you a followup email to discuss your concerns in detail directly!