Google channel

Google channel

by Shopify

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Evolution Threads

My feed got messed up about a week ago and i still have not heard back from anyone on how to fix it. I've sent a few messages to support and heard nothing back, If you have a simple product feed this app may work fine but if you have 1000s of skus it seems to get messed up, plus it takes days for the feed to update which hurts when I have new product releases.

September 16, 2019

Thank you for reaching out and for providing details about your issue. I'm sorry to hear that you've had this issue and have not received adequate assistance from our support team. To help you troubleshoot these issues, I will be sending you an email shortly so that I can touch base with you and hopefully find out more about the problems you've been having. Please keep an eye out for my email and I look forward to hearing back from you. -Victor, Shopify Support

Rbafaro Store

I have had a lot of problems with this app. I installed it recently and I launched a campaign which is automated of course. However, after the products were approved and the campaign started running there was no information on the admin panel about the amount of ad spend. Then when I went to another app called ROI Hunter, on the google ads section of the app it said that I had already spent over $20.00. I am afraid to use this app because the admin panel says there is no ad spend and no activity and then later on I find out that I have in fact spend money on ads. I also had a lot of trouble with messages popping up saying that my shipping rates were not properly set up and that I had to include a range of shipping rates. I wanted to set up one standard free shipping rate for all products in my store.

September 12, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had with setting up and using the Google Shopping app, especially in regard to the billing for your ads. In terms of your shipping set up, Google does require specific shipping settings to be in place in order to use the app. This link (http://bit.ly/2LOcskd) helps explain these requirements in more detail.

In order to look into this further and help investigate the billing on your account, as well as the shipping set up, I'm going to reach out to you via email. Please reply directly to my email once you receive it and I'll be glad to assist further. I look forward to hearing back from you! - Rae, Shopify Support

Perfect Friends Gifts

Still trying to figure it out. I previously placed Google Ads directly with Google, which also was quite complicated and hard to stop ads. I am correcting everything that they ask of me, but I have to constantly wait for the updates.

September 12, 2019

Thank you for reaching out with this feedback on the Google Shopping app. I understand that waiting for updates can cause delays, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience with this. Google individually reviews each product on their end once it's edited, so this process can take some extra time.

However, I would really like to speak with you in more detail about your experience to get a better idea of the issues you're running into and how we can help further. I'm going to reach out to you via email so that we can discuss this. Looking forward to hearing back from you! - Rae, Shopify Support

BOVA Coffee Co.

0 stars. every product I entered is literally disapproved except for one. i even went on google shopping fields and typed in the product identifiers as well as the age group and sex for the shirts i have and still disapproved. no clue.

September 11, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback! While it is up to Google whether your products are approved there are some things we can check to see what may have happened here.

First of all, if your products don't have a GTIN you can set the to custom, which has been known to help with approvals. This page talks more about that - http://bit.ly/2ZRAK71.

I’ve followed up with you via email as well, to log your feedback for our development team and to chat about this further. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

CartridgeBuy.co.uk

Shame there is no 0 star option. This "app" literally does nothing please do not install it. You have to out input all your product data again for the app to work, when all other apps use the product information you have already entered.

You have to re-enter every product detail including GTIN, Category (no drop-down menu available to select from) everything.

It truly is awful, please do not use it.

September 9, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. Google Shopping does require some specific details that aren't often included in products. This page talks about the few options that may need to be added to some products (http://bit.ly/2ZRAK71).

That being said we are always looking for ways to keep improving your experience on Shopify. And I would like to share your feedback with our development teams.

I’ve reached out to you via email so that we can continue to discuss your experience. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

icandiy

Google shopping product feed failed to post, I don't know why.The newly added items cannot be synchronized to the Google shopping app.

September 4, 2019

Thank you for sharing this review with us!

There are a few possible reasons your products haven't appeared. Google Shopping products are subject to a review by Google, and there are also a few requirements for the channel to work, which you can find here (https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/apps/apps-by-shopify/google-shopping-app/requirements). You will want to make sure that you products are set to be available on the channel too.

I’ve reached out to you via email, so that we can continue looking into this. I look forward to speaking with you soon. -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Craft Making Shop

There were so many errors with my product feed that my Merchant Center account was immediately suspended. Suspended! This app really is as bad as the other 1-star reviews, I'm so shocked it was created by Shopify.

The app pulled data from all of the wrong fields and there is absolutely no way to check why or how that happened. Not to mention, if you do make a mistake on your own data entry there's no way to resend the feed once you make corrections - especially not if your account's been suspended! There's like no functionality or action buttons in the app. Just a connection that you have to trust is working.

It didn't pull the SEO data as requested, but instead sent the super long descriptions on my website that had html coding, etc. Really weird.

So, I found myself waiting for Shopify's tech team to research the errors while also waiting for Google to respond to my request for reinstatement - but in reality I had no improvements or answers for Google in order to explain why my product feed was so poorly done!

August 22, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and for the context you have provided on the problems that you've had. I'm sorry to hear that you had this experience with the Google Shopping app and can appreciate the frustration you must've felt with your account being suspended as a result.

You mentioned that you had been in touch with our technical team and I hope that they have been able to help in some way with this problem. I will be sending you an email shortly to touch base and see where you're at with the situation. Please keep an eye out for my email and I look forward to hearing back from you. -Victor, Shopify Support

FunkyTradition

Google Shopping App is the Best Marketing App so far on Shopify. Very easy to set up and good results.

YMUSIC LIFE

People, the app WORKS. Just you have to be patient and the errors you might have. The delay is from google, not from shopify.

MSG Bike Gear

I will say it does its job of submitting products to google merchant centre.... however, that is as far as I can say as for how good the app is.

Easy to filter through google shopping fields? No. One at a time or not at all.
Easy to find your products based on the google shopping ID? No.
Download a .csv or excel file of the google shopping feed, and reimport to update the google shopping fields? No.

These are all simple, and obvious tasks, and without the ability to carry these out it is extremely difficult for high-number-of-products stores like ours!

August 21, 2019

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We appreciate hearing about how we could work to improve the options in apps like Google Shopping.

I'd like to take this to our development team, as well as chat further to discuss any other details you have to share about your experience. I’ve reached out to you via email, hope to hear from you soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support