Google channel

Reach shoppers and get discovered across Google.

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

Poly Juguetes

I was working properly with my Merchant Center account since I change to this App and now my account is suspended. Added to this, there is no way of add the field information in bulk via a csv file, for example. Is anyone going to solve these problems?

January 26, 2022

Hi there,

Chris here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us, your feedback is extremely valuable. We are sorry to hear that your account was suspended by Google. I'd be happy to work with you to help provide some next steps towards resolving this issue. I'll be following up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication.

Chris | Shopify

ShapeAndRaise

Google refuses to tell you what's actually wrong or how to fix it besides generic info in an effort to hinder bad actors but only honest people suffer. Don't waste your time, google is fundamentally flawed and this app should be removed till google stops providing support that cant say or do anything before they suspend your account.

January 26, 2022

Chris | Shopify

Vermillo

They provide no way to actually view that your products are indeed on google. They only say that is been approved to google but there is no way to see if they are actually on google shopping.

Dark Elf Dice

The app worked fine for several months, however my Google Merchant account is now being suspended for "inaccurate tax information." The sales tax value in the data feed is less than what is actually charged on my Shopify store. I haven't made any changes in the store or via the app, and I have absolutely no idea why this is happening. I tried to fix the problem by going into Google Merchant Center and manually setting the sales tax rates, but my Google Merchant Center tax settings are being reset by the app on subsequent syncs with incorrect tax information.

January 22, 2022

Hi there,

Nataly here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us, your feedback is extremely valuable. We are sorry to hear that your account was suspended by Google. I'd be happy to work with you to help resolve this issue; I'll be following up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication.

Nataly | Shopify

Make Believe Co.

I have given up on this App now. The GTIN error which appears on all my products now just doesn't get fixed. I have read articles, tried everything and reach out to support and was given a 'solution' which doesn't make any sense and doesn't apply to 'non-custom' products. Great, that its free! But not great that it actually doesn't work properly. I have seen so many stores asking the same questions but there is no solution.

January 21, 2022

Hi there,

William here from Shopify support. I see that you're having an error with the GTINs, barcodes, or manufacturer part numbers associated with products on Shopify and syncing this information to the Google channel. I'll send you an email on how we can resolve this specific error with details specific to your store, look out for my email.

William | Marketplaces Support Specialist

Medicinal Supplies

My Google Merchant is suspended because this app is not working correctly. Shopify says they are aware but can't do anything and Google says they are aware and can't do anything. So far 2 issues with this app: 1. If your default package in shipping settings has weight your account WILL get suspended for inaccurate shipping price as Shopify calculates shipping price based on item weight + package weight (which is the correct way) and google calculates purely based on item weight. To resolve this, this app needs to add default package weight to item weight and ONLY then submit weight to google. 2. If you have both taxable and non taxable items in your store it WILL get suspended for inaccurate tax information, because when product is checkmarked as not taxable google merchant won't calculate tax on shipping. To resolve this a sub attribute for the tax "tax_ship" needs to be implemented and a check mark added right next to product not taxable.

January 17, 2022

Hi there,

William here from Shopify support. Thank you for taking the time to review our app and provide this valuable feedback. I see that you've already identified the current workaround to this issue and I'll be sure to pass the additional info you've included here on to our development team. I'll also reach out to you via email to discuss the options we have to get this working for you.

William | Shopify Support specialist

Rumi Spice

We are having an issue where our products are approved in Shopify's Google section but are not showing up in our Google Merchant Products and Feed. Submitted a ticket but did not receive an actionable response.

January 1, 2022

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for providing that feedback. I'm sorry to hear of the product sync issues that you are facing on the Google channel. We do want to make sure that the channel is working as expected for you so I'm going to look into this and follow up with you in an email to see what I can do to resolve this.

Adil | Shopify

Midwest Wilderness Connections

This app has never worked for my store. Google Merchant Center is ridiculously user unfriendly and won't load the product feed from Shopify. I'm constantly being suspended from Google ads because of "Misrepresentation". Google never provides an answer when I ask what "Misrepresentation" is on my website. This is the second time I've deleted the Google App from Shopify. I was hoping the issues were fixed, they weren't.

Hi there!

Paola here from Shopify. I understand how the Misrepresentation suspension can be frustrating. Although Google does not share further details with us, I am happy to share resources that can help you with this issue. I will be reaching out to you shortly via email.

Best Regards,
Paola | Shopify

Badbox.me

just pathetic, they will advertise sex toys and bondage gear but one mention of swingers and they run a mile. grow up google.

Hey there,

Brett here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Google Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to here you were having trouble with your products on Google - I'm going to look into this and follow up with you shortly by email to open up a line of communication to see how I can help you further.

ifiogirl

zero if I could. I can not get to my products approved. Continually says product info disapproved - invalid - product data disapproved.

Hi there!

Thank you for sharing your experience. I understand that your products are not being approved by Google. I'm happy to help you with this. I will be reaching out to you shortly via email so we can work on understanding why your products were not approved and what you can do to fix it.

I look forward to chatting with you!

Best Regards,