Gorgias ‑ Live chat & Helpdesk

Gorgias ‑ Live chat & Helpdesk

by Gorgias

Customer support, live chat, help desk, customer service chat

Personalized Jewel

Not good for campaigns with different types of Shopify stores. Pricing is too high for a tool that is supposed to manage a good chunk of data. Integrity issues with the management, not keeping their word on pricing strategies.

Florence Scovel

Switching back to zendesk. The sales team did not honor their commitment. We were paying around 700 a month and came to an agreement but the team backed off. If they cannot commit to a sales agreement, I wouldn't expect them to commit to being easy to work with.

Famme

EDIT: Had to remove a star, as it seems to get slower and slower. Edited again, you have to close the page and open a new page all the time. Half of the time or more the app is not working.

VERY slow. But good features. The integration with Shopify and the macros with good templating helps a lot.

GreatVacs

They don't listen to and don't care about customers. Its missing a MAJOR feature you have to have for ecommerce. Time tracking. Tons of people have been screaming for this for years and they just keep ignoring us. Want to know how efficient each customer support agent is? Can't do it. Want to know if you have a crazy customer that is taking up way too much time? Can't do it. Want to know the cost of customer support per brand? Can't do it. Time tracking is a simple easy feature they could they just don't care.

ZANZI Beauty

Absolutely rubbish, difficult to set up and impossible to uninstall! Tried to contact Gorgias through their chat bot and no response, and what are those videos about? seriously high school standard- I was embarrassed watching them

Luxury Playstyle

God these guys! Alright, they spammed me multiple times to go review and so I'll do it. Love the idea of the app, but their own support is really so poor it makes me worry how anyone can use their app for support. If you want to use Android, don't bother-- there's no app AND the web integration is completely broken. (It's close but has a major bug where you can't type anything to respond.)

The CEO spams us with requests to review. I reply telling them their Android browser site is completely broken for responding to tickets-- I get two completely different people responding (not the CEO) and they're clueless as to what's going on or how to fix the issue. So they just say "use iOS" or something-- this is 2018, no idea why that's even possibly a response.

Then I get another spam from their CEO saying I should review the app. So here I am... I hope they're happy! Maybe he reads these?

Oh, and before I even tried Gorgias for real I asked them if they had a very simple feature via FB messenger-- I asked them if a customer could view their own tickets across different services or if they were left piecing it together from their chat logs/etc. Seems like an obvious help desk thing to do, right? Let customers see their own ticket history and responses, etc? (Just like what agents see, or perhaps cleaner...) but no, no such feature. Not the end of the world not to have a feature (I signed up anyway), but the support experience from them on Facebook was so bad. I realize now it's because they're using Gorgias itself and have multiple people responding. So the 1st person didn't understand what I was asking (hadn't seen a real helpdesk portal before I guess) and brushed me off--- then the 2nd person was confused, too. Finally I think that when I was fed up they put someone who was STILL confused, but at least was more cordial and finally understood what I was asking to tell me that, no, the novel feature of giving my VIP customers a way to see their ticket history wasn't something they'd thought of before (or didn't seem to have a desire to add). Like I said, not the end of the world not to have a feature like that-- perhaps I'll write it myself, but it should have tipped me off how bad their support quality is.

The app itself on desktop is fine-- though it has a long way to go to be easy to use. If you have a lot of tickets, the very flat view structure they have will limit you and get cluttered/confusing (as the defaults already are). A little more iconography or folders or something would go a long way. Rules and their integrations seem to work pretty well, so I can't really fault them there-- I think that will go okay, especially if they work to refine things.

But fundamentally if their own company can't even use the tool to create good support for their own tool, it really worries me that the entire premise of the tool is flawed for good support. It feels like whoever is on staff grabs any ticket and their goal is very rapid closing without actually solving issues-- and because the agent changes and they're rushed, they don't really engage at all to understand the question or issue.

TLDR: App has potential, but (1) their own customer service is responsive but dismissive/un-engaging/etc which makes me feel like their own tool doesn't lend itself to amazing customer service (or they don't understand good customer service enough to be building this app), (2) they have no feature to let customers follow their own ticket history (which is big for building long-term loyalty and is found in most ticket systems), and (3) they literally ignore one of the most popular browsers on earth (Android/Chrome) and are dismissive that it doesn't work when they don't have an Android app yet. Oh, and they'll spam you to review their app without even bothering to be sure you're satisfied.

LEDMyplace

they say on the highest plan they will have someone dedicated to your account and that's a bologna , getting someone to get us up and running and help us design the campaigns is a task, we are still waiting for that dedicated rep who was supposed to help us 2 months ago. Software is good but promises are a joke.

Lockshop Wigs

Gorgias deleted my account without any notification

Discriminant

This app is completely awesome! I loved all the features and ease of use. However, after the trial I deleted it because they want to charge an entry level price of $60 per month...which is insane. This 'entry level' pricing is for 600 tickets and 7 channel integrations. I only used 3 integrations (as I imagine most companies would) and I would maybe do 100 tickets per month. I'm not even a small store!!

Unless you're doing $1M+ in sales per year, this app probably isn't for you. Until they have a better entry level price that isn't so insane (You can get all of these features through Salesforce or Zendesk for less...), I don't recommend it.

Summary: Great platform, not worth the outrageous pricing.

Hence, 2 stars.

Update: I've demoted this a start since I found HelpScout, which does the exact same thing but for $8 per month per user and has no cap on the amount of cases you can have. It even integrates with Shopify for a customer profile view. I'm still not sure why they think $60 per month is a fair price.

Jeveler

they have terrible customer support. they never online to answer you requests

Previous 1