Bold Loyalty Points & Rewards

Bold Loyalty Points & Rewards | Reviews

by BOLD

Flexible loyalty program. Earn points, get unique rewards

Eyefood Factory Australia

Eyefood Factory Switzerland

UPDATE - TO READ
The app currently suffers a major bug which not allows clients to convert their points, use their promo code and enter their birthdate to get bonus points. This has a major impact on sales that involve loyalty features. I have been told by customer service that problem is know and impact many stores and because of Black Friday/Cyber Monday 'they are very busy at working on other apps'. Hence they cannot give us a timeline for a patch. So guys, you recognise your app is not working an most of your clients stores, that black friday and cyber Monday are at the corner and your are not making a patch a priority ? ....what else do you need to shake up your dev team ???? I strongly suggest other stores not to install this app while the bug is there. For your info, the last issue I have reported more than 12 months ago has never been resolved too as the 'dev team was busy with other apps at that time too'. It seems that BOLD let this app die... A good app. Does the job with POS integration on top. It is just very frustrating that BOLD advertise the app is fully traductible if you subscribe to their plans but in fact, they forgot few sentences and words. Ie, the tiers explanations (very important part of the loyalty program) is in English (btw, with A GRAMAR mistake: SPENT instead of SPENT....no comment), but when you go to the Translation tab of the Backoffice, you cannot change. 3 stars because it is now 3 times I am telling them that and BOLD only answer is : "here is a link to find paid developers that can translate that for you"...Sorry? Did I miss something here? I have to pay for a dev mistake that you cannot correct ? First time I am leaving 3 stars to an app but this what happen when you talk to a wall. So if your website is not in English, remember that paying to have the translation feature...won't give a full traductible app...or you have to pay for extra dev.

Eyefood Factory France

Discovery Fabrics

We have been using this app for about 6 months and are very frustrated with it. It has very limited functionality and now it has crashed completely and disappeared from our site. The app isn't displaying on our store and customers are not receiving points for their orders, nor are they able to pay with the points they have collected. Our customers are frustrated and Bold Commerce Support has not fixed the problem, It has been almost 2 weeks.
We are limited to this app because we use Bold Cashier for our checkout and there are no other options.
It is very basic app with limited functionality that is continually frustrating and support continually tells us that they will bring our issues to the attention of the developers but nothing has improved.
UPDATE. Regina helped me get the app working again, it was a very simple toggle switch that had turned off when we had to reinstall the app. Unfortunately it took a long time to get the information from support and it took several hours to update all of the points manually for the orders that we received while we waited.
The app is working again now.

Vi-meal

It seems that currencies other than dollars (euro, yen, etc) cannot be set.
If possible, please let me know.

Illyaustralia

Installed and ask Bold to the install - I seem to be going around in circles with this. Does not work and have too many issues. Edit address button does not work, the buy with points button seems to only work sometimes, the way it handles freight when there are multiple options is poor.

Seems that the team supporting this is having issues and not as responsive as the other teams for the other applications I have from Bold.

I am going to give it another week to get everything fixed and then unfortunately if it is not working I will have to look at another solution.

Hopefully, they can get it working. I really like all the Bold solutions and this seems to be another great one if it can work correctly.

Sunflower Diaper Service

Good, but has a fatal flaw, maybe 2.

What I love: Points are tracked basically automatically, which is awesome. Customers do mention the points and "play the game", which means that they are engaged and spend with us so that they can use their points. I like how easy it is to adjust points on the backend if I like.

What's meh: tiered points structures seem like a good idea, the implementation is unclear and how one would actually service different lists of customers without using an additional (paid) bold app is beyond me. A built in motivator like a banner would be awesome.

What's a long-term dealbreaker that needs fixed PDQ: POS integration is severely lacking. Sure, customers can earn points from POS transactions (if and only if their email is attached to the order BEFORE the transaction), BUT customers cannot use their points to make purchases at the POS. In order for them to redeem points in-store, they have to sign into our website, look up the item/price, and then purchase it from the site.

This adds at least a few minutes to the transaction and tons of frustration.

Please please please figure out POS integration!

Sust8

Great concept and it is mostly functional, but it's buggy and uses a lot of awkward hacks to show/hide/transform page contents and adds a strange custom checkout flow for reward redemptions. Some of the templates are actually loaded over AJAX and are therefore uneditable without CSS overrides and such. But since changes made via the app's CSS customization option only apply on some pages, you'll find yourself manually overriding styles in your theme's stylesheets.

Please improve this soon, I can't wait to rewrite this review.

Yourturnkeystore 243

Unbelievable.

Update: 23.02.18 - My customers are still not able to redeem any points.

After working with BOLD support for over a month, they still have not installed their app properly on my Turbo theme. I understand that each theme is different, but if I were to install a script on a website, I would make sure the site is functioning properly before I declare the installation to be complete.

At least 3 different installations left a script on my site that caused major page load problems. This error was very visible on both the home and product pages. Bold eventually admitted that one of their staff was responsible for the improper installation.

Today, users have no patience for websites with poor load speeds or inadequate performance. In a study done by Akamai, almost three-quarters of respondents (74%) will abandon after waiting five seconds for a mobile site to load, 57% have experienced problems when accessing a mobile site and 46% would NOT return to a poor functioning site.

The stats are in, a month of template issues cause by faulty installs have directly affected conversions.

It is now the day after Black Friday. I had hoped that the loyalties app would be visible to new customers to help with conversions. The customers were there, the app was not as the loyalties options were not visible.

After paying $99 for the app and installation fees, for template updates, this app can become very expensive. After a month of BOLD support, to be left with an app that is not fully functional for Black Friday is unacceptable. I would not recommend BOLD apps for any Out of the Sandbox themes. Before you purchase, make sure you are aware of additional install fees as they can get costly for a new store.

I am sorry BOLD, I do NOT recommend your products.

Zerogrocery

This app is pretty good i guess but there are things that cab be done better by making it a little bit more user friendly but it is overall pretty good but the price is so expansive!