TrustedSite ‑ Trust Badges

TrustedSite ‑ Trust Badges

by TrustedSite

Trust badges to increase sales. Includes McAfee SECURE.

Smile Gadgets

VERY BAD CUSTOMER SUPPORT, after using their paid service for more than 6 months, has an issue with their trust mark as it was not visible any more, not getting any reply from their support to solve this issue and I had to ask shopify support to get a refund from mcafee, also VERY IMPORTANT WARNING, after unsubscribing from their service, i found out that the placement of their trust mark beneath the add to cart button turns into invisible link when store visitor clicked below the add to cart button it will send them to mcafee stating (your website URL is not secured), which is very bad to your store revenue and unexpected behavior from a well known company such as Mcafee!!

Apu's World

I am on the free plan but Mcafee have been charging me 49 usd for over 12 months, terribly dishonest..

FictionNewYork.com

Moved from BC to Shopify a little over 3 months ago.

From the minute I installed this app they inundate you with emails about upgrading to the Pro version.

As anyone who has launched or moved a site knows you have a million things to do and its incredibly stressful. This was the case for me and I didn't have a chance to respond to the email so they finally called me today when I'm on the way to the PO and don't have time to talk so I cut the guy off + they removed the seal from my site claiming because my footer mentions the site is secured by McAfee.

My best conversion month since moving was the month I was getting hit by spam bots and the free McAfee seal only showed for one day so I just deleted it.

App owners STOP harassing people who install the free version of your app - we know about your Pro versions, have checked out your websites and we will upgrade when + if we see fit. We're not idiots.

People take for granted that adding a secure badge like this will increase your conversions when it isn't a given. Some studies show it actually lowers your conversions . . .

Findlay Hats

Free app worked fine. However, we did not want to upgrade and just now uninstalled due to an overaggressive sales representative.

They reached out to see if we would be interested in upgrading, we kindly declined. They kept emailing us. We declined 3 more times, and they just kept coming. Not just via email, but phone as well.

I understand persistence is important, but this much contact about something we have explicitly said we are not interested in, multiple times, is very frustrating.

Edit: Let's add a linkedin sales pitch to this complaint. Email, phone and now linkedin, all after 4+ friendly declines.

Edit 2: Was given a cocky response via Linkedin:

"haha without even knowing what I was going to ask, but I get it you probably get alot of these sales emails lol"

HE FORGOT he has already reached out via email and phone with the exact same offer and proposal. This guy is just carpet bombing customers and I do not appreciate being harassed with a sales pitch after a friendly no, numerous times.

Codepal 3

One of the worst incompetent company's out there, support employees thinking owning the company and behave like it.

Be aware and go somewhere else. Feels still like the founder is involved which you might have fun reading his story's when you use google.

Outnsports

THEY SENT ME AN EMAIL TO USE THE FREE 30 DAYS TRIAL FOR THE PRO VERSION THEN THEY CHARGED ME.THE SAME DAY.
THEN I REMOVED THE APP AND DOWLOAD IT AGAIN AFTER 10 DAYS HOPING I WILL BE ON THE STANDARD VERSION BUT THEY CHARGE ME THE FULL VERSION AND IT'S BEEN 2 MONTH AND I AM STILL WAITING FOR A REFUND .

Theofficecake

Agreed to free trial. Have emailed now three times to let them know I do not wish to continue. No reply. I would not be surprised if they charge my card, which I will surely dispute.

Vintyjewellery

I can't change the place of McAfee button on my website, which I was able to. please correct this, I don't understand why you changed it.

Birthday Partys

It use to work well then they changed things around now the mark doesn't show on my website. It just says "the url you entered is already in your account".

Air Plant Club

Yeah - this is the first Shopify app I have felt "deceived" by. You are expected to put in all the code yourself and there is not much direction of how to do so. Also, this is severely overpriced for what you get. Don't bother with installing it..it's a bait and switch app. Nothing is actually free