G | translate
Translate your shop and 3rd party apps with Google Translate.
Popular with businesses in the United States
Seamless workflow: use directly in Shopify admin
After long research and so much mixed information available around. I did a test run with G translate, on a PAID plan, avoid the FREE plan (NOT worth it at all)
- Costumer support, super effective and sorted out fast everything i threw at them.
- Easy to setup, if you have some basic internet know-how.
- Editing with in-context edit, actually was surprisingly easy and intuitive.
- BIGGEST FLAW in my case, i was trying to translate the page from english to my native language Portuguese, from PORTUGAL, and most translations come in Brazilian... Huge set-back.... and NO, its not the same language!!!
- First time everything looked and worked flawlessly, although second day on editing i started having issues where the translated domain only translated parts of the site.
- Re-Captcha error it kept oin thinking i was a robot so it made impossible for costumers to create an account!!!!!! i was told by the support i coulnt do anything other than trying for the google developers to bypass the captcha... THAT SOUNDS HARD TO SORT OUT (i didn't even try to be honest)
- Noticed that some of my edits were overwrite by the auto translate function after i manually edited it (at least thats how i think it kept changing for)
Do a backup of your theme before installing in order to avoid the app "left-over" code in it! in case you change your mind.
I do recommend the app if you have website with simple text to edit and not many pages and sub directories and so on...
I only used the app for 2 days, and i don't think it was worth to keep on trying to make this work as I'm not on the "time-wasting plan" and i want to things to work exactly how they are intended to when i want, or don't at all...
Hope this review help others as myself, are on the chase for a working and trusted translating app!
I can't use this app,there is not language to choose....I have tried countless times，I am so sad,please help me！
Boutique La Villa
Translations are not very accurate, it just gives a general idea of what the text actually means. And it doesn't give you the flexibility to make any changes to the translations. But the drop down menu looks very nice.
When I had an inquiry about a placement problem with the dropdown Ripa and Ella were extremely helpful in making the adjustment.
The app is pretty good but the free version is very limited and does not allow any customization (or the possibility to contact the provider) despite incorrect translations
This app i m familiar with for wordpress easy to use and install. The transaltion is good when the text is simple. However after i installed this app my Google Maps disipeared ( it was working). I looked up every this made new app restricted nothing helped. Console was also not giving errors.
I deleted the app also in theme.liquid the include tag and voila the maps is working again.
I m not sure what was causing this but certainly it was Gtranslate.
Ella, Suzan, Sergey and Lilit did a fantastic job. Very quick response and amazing effectiveness. You feel yourself very well guided in that "tricky" translation-tool.
The APP does not translate the check out process which defeats the whole purpose. Very sad because everything else worked fine without complications.
Does what it says it does but the quality of the translations are pretty poor. I hope they will optimize it a little better to get the best translations possible. The app is free but if you want to alter the translation errors you have to subscribe to a monthly subscription ofcourse...
Overall, it's a good app and fixes a problem but there's room for improvement. For example, they need to improve the widget. Spanish flag is not correct. There's dozens of countries that speak spanish, they should include the option to be able to choose that flag.
I got it installed in the end but editing translations turned out not easy so I went for another option. There are a few ways of translating the text. Edit text option through their app gave me a few languages, but not all I wanted to be translated. Maybe giving customers a catalog option would have worked better. Another option, editing text through my website, had half of the text missing. I guess, if you have more advanced IT skills this should not be a problem but I struggled.
Their customer service was 5 stars, very helpful. They do need to improve some parts of UX to make text edits easier and signing up less confusing.