G | translate Shop Translator

G | translate Shop Translator | Reviews

by GTranslate Inc

Translate shop, translate apps w/ Google language translation

Cheap Snow Gear

The reason this gets only 2 stars are 2 main issues : 1. Way overpriced (when you think shopify costs $30 per month for a vry extensive system and platform) - this at the same cost after any useful addons are selected also at very close to $30 is a bit of a rip off - this is $350 per year... which once setup doesnt mean any work from them or any ongoing heavy use like complex software. The price should be around $10 per month (or $100 per year) with all options - that would be actually reasonable. 2. It translates all the urls into foreign language special characters - which is firstly useless and not relevant for google or seo (google sees non special characters exactly as the same and word are the same) and secondly a nightmare to copy and paste into other systems, share to others (looks ridiculous) and use as hyper links in extrenal links etc. Upon questioning them and suggesting this be changed by defauly - the response was clearly they are not bothered and i would have to manually edit 1500 pages of the site if i wanted to... The app overall works ok - but these 2 factors above make it both a rip off and frustrating to use. Oh and they have this strange system of pasting some extra code after a url of your site so you can edit that site - but dont make that obviously anywhere in the app or the app settings!! you have to go unting for this in some help page... crazy. The whole app has potential but needs much better people running it and using logic on its interface....

December 10, 2020

Thanks for your feedback.

I want to note that our prices start from just 7.99 USD per month (all inclusive, fixed) and you are talking about the high end product which includes all 100+ languages, URL translation and ability to use custom domains for each language like example.es for Spanish, example.de for German etc. which helps a lot in terms of SEO to rank higher on country specific search engine results pages like google.es or google.de.

Please compare the prices of other apps and you will quickly understand that our prices are the cheapest on the market as we provide automatic translations free of charge and others charge for that separately, also we do not have usage based pricing for example based on number of pageviews or number of translations. If you find something cheaper, please share it with us here.

Translating URLs help to rank higher in terms of SEO. If you do not want your URLs to be translated you can turn this feature off, if you want to use specific format for URLs without using Unicode characters, which are fully supported by search engines and all major browsers, then you have the ability to edit them manually.

When you are using some product, it is best if you read the manual first. I recommend reading the manual even before you start using something. It will quickly help you to understand if the product is what you need or not. There are hints everywhere in our system how to use our edit interface even if you do not want to read. We also have a live chat and we can help you when you have difficulties.

Bee Bodhi

On mobile the dropdown menu is laying over the announcement bar on mobile. So the app is not very mobile friendly. Any solution for that?

October 1, 2020

Please remove your review and use our live chat for support requests instead: https://gtranslate.io/#contact

Reviews are not intended for support requests.

Thanks!

La Genouillère

I tried that app on my shop, sorry it doesn't work good. So, Lilit Agent was nice and good advice for me. unfortunatly I can't run with it.

Mikro Tandborste

This app does not translate well. It changed the word Förebyggande which stands for prevention to the word contraceptive in finnish. Laughable

August 22, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. You can use our paid version which has better quality neural translations compared to the free version and also gives you ability to correct incorrect translations.

Pierre Francis

App is translating a lot of stuff on website but unfortunately translation quality is on so poor level that I decided to disable app as in result it might send off too many customers.

Obviously app allows you to change translation manually but it is not the point I would like to go to... to many translators you would need to hire and there is much better app in store which allows you only for manual translations

Derbyblades

I used the apps for few weeks. The app has a bug with the checkout page. I wanted to get the checkout page to match the language of the site, with no success. For example, I wanted a French checkout page for a French website, and an English checkout page for the English website, but GTranslate failed to do that. I reached the support multiple times, and also spoke with the deputy CEO as well, but they failed to resolve the issue. Waiting time from the support is very high (can take weeks), and they will do everything they can in order to avoid give you support. In general, the app is failed to provide basic translation services, and the support team is totally nonfunctional. Won't use their service again.
UPDATE:
1) I was using the paid version (not the free version, as mentioned in the CEO response)
2) I spoke with Rafael, the deputy CEO, and not Edvard, the CEO (sorry for the confusion).

August 14, 2019

Hi,

I'm sorry for your bad experience with our support.

My name is Edvard Ananyan, I'm the CEO of GTranslate Inc. I do not remember talking to you. I'll investigate what has happened and contact you soon.

I want to note that our free version does not translate the checkout page, it is only possible with our paid version.

Thanks!

Now We Workin'

this app is good use, the only issue is it doesn't translate properly...
as a french speaker the doesn't translate the way i wanted

July 30, 2019

As you know we provide automatic translations which are not perfect. However with our paid version we use neural translations, which are almost human level. You can try it with a 15 day free trial we offer and hopefully improve your score. BTW the paid option has ability to manually correct the wrong translations. Thanks!

Wolff Jewellery

It is very nice that the app is free, but the translations just don't make any sense. The words get all mixed up. It just doesn't provide a nice and clean translation.

eXtreme 120+™ Skydiving Apparel

Not translating right. After I have uninstall this app, it was not properly removed, do not install it!

ShopKHAIR

ok app but difficult to set up and their live chat is not always avail which is red weird. if someone dies not respond i will not be using. its confusing