Okendo: Product Reviews & UGC

Okendo: Product Reviews & UGC

by Okendo

Product ratings, reviews, photos/videos, UGC, Q&A, feedback.

HoapSoap

This is now the second business I've set up with Okendo and I can't be happier ...again! the setup process is so easy with the Okendo team, they handle everything, all I had to do was approve designs.

High Fashion Home

Super happy that we made the switch from Yotpo to Okendo. Scott and the team there made the migration super simple. We got everything up and running in less than a week. So far, we're getting more reviews and more UGC. Okendo is a superior product.

Advance Whitening

Best reviews app out there with the best support team out there. Highly recommend Okendo to anyone looking to add reviews to their site

Eme Te

Amazing app and support! They helped to install the app and set it up in the store! Thank you very much Okendo team!

Sundaily

Excellent UI, great dev/install support, super-flexible, A+! Would use Okendo again in a heartbeat for any other stores I run. Super-great team as well, responsive.

Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics

The ULTIMATE reviews platform. Exceptional support and service in getting set up too. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Flair Fighter

I'm updating my review of Okendo after using it for about 7 months. I honestly don't recommend Okendo after the experience I had with their reviews app. I switched from Okendo about 2 months ago to a different reviews app and am able to make a proper review now. We found that Okendo didn't help us gain as many reviews as we hoped. And especially not many with images/videos. We were originally drawn to their ability to offer auto-generated coupon codes in exchange for review incentives. However a big limiting feature we found with Okendo was they only allow you to e-mail for a review request once. So if a customer never opens your review request email, or opens but doesn't take action. You cannot send another review request. You can only send reminder e-mails if you're in the $99/mth and up plans I believe. We've since switched to another reviews app that costs less and allows us to send up to 3 reminder emails with custom coupon codes. We've increased the rate of reviews we're gaining in the short period of two months time since switching away from Okendo. We also ran into an issue in December 2020 where our review request emails stopped sending for 2 weeks. We informed customer support at the beginning that it stopped working and they had no updates at all. It was only after we wrote a polite but negative review via e-mail did they then have someone work on fixing it right away. But this was 2 weeks later. If we hadn't continued to follow up and reaching out, it'd probably still be broken till today. I had the Essential $29/mth plan. I didn't receive any help with installing the app when the auto-installer didn't work. I had to spend about 2-3 days mucking about in the code of my theme to try to get it to work. When I asked for help, I was told that if I were to upgrade my plan to the $99/mth plan, then they could help me install their reviews app onto my store for me. I eventually figured it out myself, but this felt off from all the amazing reviews Okendo has in the app store. I'm guessing maybe other reviewers must have the higher priced plans? I felt like I was one of their less valued customers because I was paying for a $29/mth plan instead of $99/mth. The customer service also did not want to provide more information about best practices or advice for how to best utilize some of their features. For example such as what discounts or incentives would they advise we send out in exchange for asking for a review? They said they could only help give me more advice to this if I had a higher plan. The only positive aspect is that their customer service got a bit friendlier near the end and they uninstalled their code off of my theme when I was ready to leave. I wish Okendo all the best, and originally I believed in all the hype from all the 5-star reviews they had. Their onboarding sales call was really effective. They seem to really sell the idea you'll get lots of reviews and that they have an amazing incentive offering system and reviews setup which lets customers upload media. But we found all this didn't lead to that many more photo or video reviews. The biggest limiting factor is the inability to send any further emails following up with the customer to leave a review. Okendo is extremely strict that you are only allowed to send 1 email request per order in the Essential plan ($29/mth). In the end, I wished I had used a different reviews app. I think Okendo is pricy for the very limited features and support they offer. I also think that in late 2020 they switched over to having a VA answer most of the customer chat questions because the person answering the live chat would mostly take my messages and pass them on. They're polite but were unable to actually do anything to help or have much knowledge of the app. TLDR: There's other reviews apps out there that are better, have more features, and costs half the price of Okendo. I regret using Okendo when I think of how many potential email reviews I've lost out on during the time I was using Okendo.

Kinfield

I wish we had installed Okendo sooner! Their team was incredibly helpful at every step of the process, and has been responsive + quick to answer any ongoing questions. I love the way the reviews feed looks on our site, and the integration couldn't have been easier. This is the best Reviews platform out there by far!

STARPOWA UK

Okendo has exploded our reviews and also helped us to get great feedback from customers! The customer care team is awesome as well, they have always been available in the chat to help me with any questions I have. We are very happy with this Okendo!

Passenger Clothing

We've been using Okendo for just over a month now and seen a great uplift in reviews being left on the site. The team has been really helpful in setting everything up and matched the design to our site perfectly. Highly recommend.