Omnisend Email Marketing & SMS

Email Marketing, Newsletter, SMS, Abandoned Cart & Pop Up

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

Stockman's Ridge Wines

Location Australia
Time spent using app About 1 year

Never got it to send, said my list was dirty, but no way to upload my hard bounce list. Looks good, also had an outage so missed a key milestone. Support was poor and they couldn't fix the problem.

December 18, 2019

Sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience. Seems like there were some old contact emails on your list that no longer exist, therefore we had to temporarily pause your sending so your sender reputation is not harmed. There is nothing to worry about, as soon as you delete or unsubscribe those old emails, we will resume the sending. You will be able to benefit from the variety of great Omnisend features, such as omnichannel campaigns and automation messages, segmentation and more!

Natural Gut Wholesale

Unfortunately after nearly 2 hours and communicating with their customer service line no one could figure out how to make it work with Shopify. For me Omnisend was a total waste of time and sticking with my Vertical Response platform for all my emailing. Very dissatisfied with Omnisend and sad that even their customer service rep could not figure things out for me.

Top Nutrition and Fitness

DO NOT GET THIS APP!!!!!
I NEVER HAD PROBLEMS WITH MAILCHIMP
I migrated to this app when they stopped the shopify integration and now SO MANY of my subscribers don't get the emails and these are subscribers who even put our emails in their VIP list. Not only do they not get the emails but they don't even go to their JUNK OR SPAM
HORRIBLE AND THIS HAS HAPPENED MANY TIMES AND THE SUPPORT HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIX IT - DO NOT GET THIS APP - ALSO I ONLY SEND ABOUT 1 EMAIL PER WEEK (not everyday like some websites)

November 25, 2019

Top Nutrition and Fitness,

We apologize that we failed to provide the experience you deserve. Upon investigating your account, our Deliverability team detected an issue with the domain you were sending the emails from. The issue is now fixed and your emails should reach your subscribers' inboxes.

Xenia from support is reaching out with recommendations on how to rectify the situation a lot quicker with sending to your most engaged contacts, in order to improve your open rates to the average rates in the market.

Customer success team

Maska

I was using Mailchimp and I decided to switch to Omnisend because I thought it was better for Shopify (note: and it's more expensive). For the past two or three months, my sales have dropped, half of my customers don't get the emails, I had problems with the sync between other small issues. The support changes all the time so you never speak with the same person and every new person answers you a random answer.
I asked to speak on the phone with someone in order to solve all this issues and they have no phone support.
This app was a very poor choice.

November 7, 2019

So sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with deliverability. We have just signed the domain records for you to help you improve deliverability. Katherine will reach out to you today with guidance on how to set those up and other recommendations to improve open rates. We will follow the progress with you, with the right means and actions we will get email deliverability back on track!

Positive Science People

I tried to send my first email campaign today - which is time critical - and when I tried to send it, it suddenly said my account is suspended. No information on that during the two hours I worked on the campaign. Also, no way to resolve this except email support. My emails were collected via opt-in, my store is GDPR compliant and running well. What else do they want? No idea. But my campaign for today seems ruined. Can't recommend this business. If you suspend people's accounts, you need better notification and resolution options. This isn't good enough.

October 14, 2019

Hi,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delayed campaign. Usually, verification of the first campaign takes up to 30min, to ensure your sender reputation is kept intact in case too many inactive emails are spotted on the contacts list.
We made a mistake this time and your campaign was stuck for a much longer period of time. Unfortunately, we cannot undo the campaign sent and can only apologize that you were affected by this issue. We promise better care next time and longer trial period for you to feel the benefits of Omnisend.
Katherine is reaching out to you with more statistics on the campaign sent and our proposal.

We hope to win back your trust!

Chibebe.com.au

Location Australia
Time spent using app Over 2 years

Shopify should never have let Mailchimp go.

Omnisend is way too expensive and their offerings are poor. After exhaustively searching for someone that compares to Mailchimp, we have found none. So we have now installed ShopSync so that we can move back to Mailchimp, who we never had a problem with in over 10 years of being with them. If you google it, you'll see that using a 'connector' app like ShopSync is easy, so we have just done this and so far, it's great.

It's worth a huge mention that we have several stores for the same product (different countries) and Mailchimp allow you to create a list for each country signups within same log in and same account. Omnisend require you to have different accounts and charge for each one, so it's super expensive.

Omnisend popups don't really do much either...they are not really customisable and don't have a 'thankyou' page that allows you to display a coupon code. We had our developer try to fix this, and he was able to add the coupon code there but it did not align properly and was unreadable, and the popup function is not responsive, so whatever image you pop on it will not suit both desktop and mobile...it's just a jumbled mess. Justuno allow you to create for both devices, so we've remained with them. Justuno also connect really well to Mailchimp and we've collected thousands and thousands of sign ups over the year, to the correct lists with them. We should never have left Mailchimp when Shopify ditched them...we should have just used ShopSync in the first place and left it as it was.

October 1, 2019

We are so sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our service.

The team is currently working on the solution to have unified billing for multiple store owners to ensure you only pay for the combined number of contacts you have in all your stores. Meanwhile, we can offer a generous discount to match the pricing you will get with unified billing. Katherine from Support team is already reaching out to you with more details.

Regarding the ShopSync, it's always best to work with one direct integration, therefore, on Omnisend we offer a variety of features and functionalities to satisfy the needs of our customers and give a possibility to have an "all in one app" experience. And not to mention, that we are adding new features regularly.

We also have a Thank you page for the popup, it's called Success message here at Omnisend. You can customize it the way you like, add discount codes for different scenarios, etc. Katherine will also send you guidance on this.

Our product team will receive your feedback about the improvement needed for our forms, but we truly hope you will give Omnisend one more try.

Customer Success Team

MY SEXY STYLES

Time spent using app Over 1 year

STORE OWNERS MUST READ:
1- First off, I have no clue how they got all these positive reviews since the app is extremely frustrating to use.
2- Forget about drag and drop, is non existent in this app and you have to manually upload each image which is time consuming and tedious.
3- HORRIBLE customer service. They misinformed me because they have no clue of what they're talking about (I guess the reps are outsourced and not fully trained) so I couldn't fully email to my entire list and I paid for an upgrade and seems that all the emails ended up in everyone's spam folder.
4- When I emailed saying that I wanted to cancel they had a guy call me to convince me their app is the best out there and I should keep it and instead upgrade to their service where you have an account manager to help you which is extremely over priced.
5- The app is more over priced than every email marketing app in the app store and you have AN EMAIL LIMIT you can send monthly.

So overall TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE, OMNISEND IS NOT WORTH IT!

October 1, 2019

Hi,

Let us apologize for the overall experience you had with Omnisend.

We have an extensive Knowledge Base to help our customers navigate through the product and set up their accounts, did you get a chance to check it? https://support.omnisend.com/en/ More, our Support agents are definitely here to help and guide you through.

As for the email credits, if customers send to a healthy list, following our recommendations, they never run out of credits. This is the reason our pricing is based on the number of contacts you have - if the list grows, the price increases, as well as the number of email credits granted increases. Omnisend is not just a regular newsletter app, we offer an extensive list of automation flows, different channels for communication, such as SMS, Facebook Messenger, Push Notification, etc. and a lot more for our customers. And we still offer a very competitive price on the market.

We want to kindly thank you for the feedback that will help us improve in the future. We have now passed it to the product team as well, to ensure we add such functionalities as drag and drop from the computer in the future.

Greenworld Home Spa

Lock my account until I pay up? Ridiculous. It's one thing to prevent me from actually using the automations, it's another to block me from even editing them. What if I want to do some more testing before I'm ready to start using it on my customers? What if I've been back and fourth between one design and another and I end up wasting my trial? I can't do anything about it now because I need to pay at least $16 when there are other apps with similar features and more seamless email customization that offer a free plan instead of a free trial. Plus, it's customization is terrible. You have to customize each email MANUALLY. That means limited drag and drop features without paying, no templates, no copying one theme onto the rest of your emails. You can't even transfer one color used on one email onto another. And if I'm wrong and all of these features are available if you look just a little harder I wouldn't know because my free trial ran out. 14 days seems like a long time to not be able to finish what I need to and test things out if you do your email marketing testing as the very last thing on your launch checklist. If you start anymore than 14 days before you've decided you'll be keeping this app, "sorry, we want our money first."

I'll be doing my business elsewhere.

September 30, 2019

Hi, Greenworld Home Spa,

Thank you for your feedback and apologize for the service you experienced.

We are more than happy to grant extra trial days for our customer who did not manage to try the features out within the first 14 days. We wish you contacted us immediately after the end of the trial so we could have prevented from such a bad experience.

So we granted you a couple more weeks of trial, please get in touch with our Support team if you need any guidance or face any issues going forward!

Andivia Beauty

Andivia Beauty

I was excited to start with this app. I saw all the great reviews. So far, I have been unimpressed. It is not dummy-proof. I didn't know where to start to get setup. I fumble around for hours. Customer Service pointed me to over one hundred articles. All I need is one good article. Thank you. Finally, I made some progress in learning the app. I was making my first email campaign when I found out that Customer Service had no clue regarding the logo and picture dimensions of the templates. I thought. You must be kidding me. I would have to sit and figure out on PhotoShop what the sizes should be for the apps template. Should I make the sizes for the logo 150x150px, 1600x745px, 550x300px and so on. What app doesn't know its sizes for examples given so that you could just plug in your pics at the recommended sizes for templates. I must rate this app a 1 star so far

September 23, 2019

Hi,

Sincerely sorry you are feeling this way... Starter guides is definitely an area where we can improve, so we are already working on those! Thank you so much for your honest feedback, we will make sure it reaches the relevant product and support teams.

Customer Succes Team

Lilly and Mimi Fabric Shop

Time spent using app About 3 years

all emails landed to the spam folders and has received so many complains from customers even they added to priority the next email wasn't received. I have a loyal customers who never received any emails from me. we have checked her details and she subscribed and emailed you about this issue and didn't get answers or found the solution. unfortunately the app way too expensive for a small businesses and doesn't help at all to grow my business. the free option basically enough for nothing. 250 emails is basically nothing. If I send only 250 emails only 10 precent will open as you have explained to me and how to make money from that? I have found much better marketing app for that which allow to send 10k emails / for free than only need to pay a small amount after 1k email to send every month. compare to your pricing list that is much better and even those emails land in to the spam folder just like your emails I still don't need to pay $130 / month. So thank you but I think you overcharge for nothing which is not help for any businesses especially during this difficult time.

August 28, 2019

Hello there! We appreciate your feedback!

Here at Omnisend, we place a high value on anti-spam policies. We've noticed that your most recent campaign generated a high volume of spam complaints, which were generated by a segment of your audience that isn't engaged.

Because inactive subscribers are not engaging with your emails and are marking them as spam, ISPs will devalue the content you send, making it less likely that your emails will land in the main inbox for the rest of your contacts.

While many contacts will unsubscribe from your mailing list (which will have no effect on your deliverability), a portion of your list will simply mark your emails as spam (which does have a negative effect on your email deliverability). By removing contacts who do not wish to receive your emails, you can decrease your complaint rate.

Additionally, we'd like to point out that your account was not paused at any point, and that all of your campaigns were sent successfully.
The pending status of the campaign that you mentioned is simply the first stage of sending. As the sending process progresses, the campaign's status automatically changes to "Sent".

Our support representative has contacted you to provide additional guidance on this subject. We encourage you to heed their advice, as it will assist you in cleaning your list and ensuring the highest possible deliverability rate.

Have an amazing day!