Product Options & Customizer

Product options, customize product variations, variant options

Free plan available. 14-day free trial.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

Douglas Kent Rope

Time spent using app Over 6 years

Functional, but clunky.

The interface doesn't allow reordering options within a customization, so if you want to reorder or add an option anywhere but the bottom of the list, you have to delete your old options and retype them. Did your list include a typo? No problem - just delete everything after the typo and retype it all. For an app that supposedly offers unlimited customizations and options, this is an unforgivable oversight.

The interface doesn't allow a default that isn't the top field, so mid-range choices can never be the default without being out of order.

As of Feb 2014, the interface has an annoying bug that both displays the customization order in the control panel out-of-order from the actual final display and moves the wrong selections when you do move them. As a result, I'm unable to get my first customization to the top. For such a bare bones interface, I'd have expected this bug to never escape testing.

The customizer only allows selections in a long list - there's no ability to group customizations under headlines, include explanatory information between each option, or insert photos.

The interface doesn't distinguish between unmodified customizations and those you haven't saved yet, so you have to either keep track of what you've changed or re-save everything.

Product Customizer works... sorta.

March 19, 2020

Hello!
This is Sean, the Customer Success Manager for Product Customizer. We took over this app from the previous owner :)

You left a negative review for Product Customizer a long time ago and I am emailing to see if you wouldn’t mind removing it (or adding more stars)?

We have already made several improvements and fixes to past issues with this app (including new features and 24/7 support) - and it REALLY helps our ranking on the App Store if we can remove the handful of negative reviews.

Please let me know how I can support you and help in return? I appreciate it very much!

-Sean & the Product Customizer Team

Frame-Name.com

Pretty solid app. Adds a lot of flexibility to Shopify. I'd give it more stars if it no ability to batch-apply a customization across hundreds of products. It's a one-by-one effort. But overall, a very nice tool that would work great for sites with few products.

March 19, 2020