Bold Product Options , 2,421 reviews

4.6

Merchants highly recommend this app for its ability to add extra product options, enhancing the shopping experience and boosting sales. It's praised for its user-friendly interface, easy setup, and ability to bypass Shopify's variant limit. Many appreciate the responsive and efficient customer service, which includes making code edits during chat support. The app is recognized for its reliability, consistent performance, and cost-saving benefits, eliminating the need for a developer for custom codes.

March 24, 2022

not recommended , too hard to setting and support delay in reply , btw i don't like this app and support

Pacozy
Vietnam
4 days using the app
Shop Circle replied April 6, 2022

I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've experienced - we do appreciate your feedback.

Our team has since reached out to discuss further options.

We wish you the best with your future endeavours!

Edited September 12, 2019

After a year being with the app and managing lots of frustration with previous bad experience with BOLD, I'm now actually trying to come away from this app mainly due to the poor level of customer service I have experienced over the last 2 weeks when requesting a copy, paste and check process.

The service model is friendly and personable but lacks the attentiveness, knowledge and support experience for delivery success and management of customer expectations.

This is just my experience but work does not get checked, communication has to be chased and most important in service support, customer expectations are not managed and customer success management is very poor.

I appreciate everything that has been attempted to deliver service but at the premium I am paying for their product, the service level is poor. I am now seeking an alternative product with a stronger support model.

In my opinion, a stronger focus on service delivery would help BOLD rather than a strong focus on being nice and passing the ball around. The very nice part should always be there but the customers needs professionally should come first followed by the nice engagement. I will be removing the app once i have found a more suitable vendor.

I hope my review helps Bold aspire to be the service delivery vendor they consistently aim to be.

TOPSTRING
Shop Circle replied September 13, 2019

Hello there! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback; it really helps us evaluate what we are doing and where we need to improve, and completely understand where your frustration lies.

We certainly aim to do the best we can in providing consistent communication with our merchants, especially when their theme is being worked on. Unfortunately, sometimes the ball is dropped and we absolutely take full responsibility for it.

We're very sorry that the installation of Product Options onto your new theme didn't go as smoothly as hoped - we very much wanted to rectify the situation and ensured that the placement of the options was correct after it was pointed out that it was done improperly.

We understand that you need to do what's best for your business, even if that means finding a different app. Should you decide to continue using our app, we'd be more than happy to work with you. However, as mentioned, we understand you need to do what's best for your business, and we wish you all the best if you decide to use another solution.

Edited November 2, 2015

UPDATE 11/2/15: We responded to the Bold Apps ticket, and also reached out to Shopify for help, who also lodged a ticket on 10/31/15. We received a brief, 2 sentence email from Jay Meyers, who said he would see if someone could work on this over the weekend.

We are still waiting. No other follow-up on anything yet. No update, no response, no nothing.

********************
UPDATE 10/31/15: We originally paid Bold Apps to install the Product Options App in August 2015. It is now the beginning of November, and we are still having issues, to the point it does not function well enough to use. We've had to go back several times due to issues; clearly the team does not QC test its work.

After contacting them last week about yet another issue, we received this note from "Holly":

"Our Product Options app does not work well with that cart that slides from the side of the page on desktop which is why it looks like that. I would suggest disabling the slide cart in your Shopify theme.

First, why did you not explain this back in August when we initially paid you to install the app? As many times as your team has worked on this, did it not ever test the installation and notice the issue? (Note: this is the same issue with the code appearing in the checkout, which we initially emailed about, and which is described below in the first review we left. The cart issue was fixed, but the solution for the issue was not followed through to the notifications, which seems like a no-brainer.) Where is any communication regarding the same issue around the mobile display, and the corrections needed to make that work - the other issue mentioned in my support ticket - in the response I received? Why is this our problem, if we paid you to do the installation?

Beyond frustrating - find another company if you can, because you cannot count on the level of customer service from this team - even after you email the founder.

**** ORIGINAL REVIEW from 8/24/15 ****

This app would be great, but we're having trouble getting the app installed. We paid for installation, but it does not work properly. 1) The old app code was not removed as promised; 2) There is extraneous code appearing in sections of the site, including the shopping cart and checkout. We emailed Jay Meyers and have had a support thread since our initial inquiry which we responded to -- asking for some updates and if they could also help with our CSS -- the only response we received in 2+ days is a note they merged our request, which means at least 2 or 3 people read it, but couldnt be bothered to respond. If we could get some help, and the work completed as promised, I'm sure the app would be great based on what we can see so far. Best I can tell, they didnt even get my last response because when they merged the threads, they closed the wrong one -- the one with all the questions that need answered.. still.

Giuseppespizza
Over 7 years using the app
March 4, 2019

This is a joke! 3 months, they still couldn't / don't know how to correct the issue. Each email replied I received are, we are looking into and the issue is sent to upper level to look into it. But it been more than 3 months, nothing is correct / fix. Each day pass, we are losing $. Store is still not available to customer. No service is provided but still charging us $19.99 monthly fees! How ridiculous!

Scott Cao Violins Dealers
Almost 2 years using the app
July 24, 2019

We have used this app for about 6 months now to handle additional product options to personalize our products. Worked great initially, something happened at the beginning of this year, the product options are becoming unlinked from the products after they are setup. Customer support continues to blame us even when we walked through a screen share. Then radio silence. Then I the owner had to contact the company again and the support team needed us to start from the beginning with explanations. To this day we are still having issues with products we setup yesterday. HIGHLY SUGGEST NOT USING THIS APPLICATION.

RYTE Sport
Shop Circle replied July 25, 2019

Hi there. I just wanted to sincerely apologize about the issues you have run into using Product Options. It certainly should not have taken such a long time to reach a resolution, however I can assure you that Samuel is currently in the midst of writing a reply to further help you with the product options unlinking from your products.

I can promise you that we are dedicated to solving this for you and will do everything in our power to get it working correctly.

Edited March 24, 2022

Apparently I left a review for this app 8 years ago when I first installed it, and at that time was very impressed. However, I can say that my opinion has certainly changed and this app has now been permanently removed from my store. The customer service is very poor and it appears they only want more money instead of taking care of long standing customers - not to mention the fact that I was quoted 2-3 business days for a response and didn't hear anything for an entire week. Highly recommend looking at other apps for variants instead of wasting time and money with this one.

Adorable Accents
About 8 years using the app
Edited August 12, 2019

I already have a support ticket open 501529 it's been 3 days since I have heard a response to this ticket.
***UPDATE*** After 5 years of paying for this product the current problem is making me want to leave Shopify all together.

The app is great it does what I expected and beyond. The customer support is absolutely amazing and not what I expected. When I told them I was having trouble or that something wasn't working the way I wanted, they went in and fixed it FAST! If you download this app just know you won't be alone they have a awesome support team.

CardSox
Over 6 years using the app
March 4, 2019

Have been using this app for around a year. It works well to replace the variants but has one major flaw. Every time I add a new product the options do not show up automatically. I have emailed support numerous times and I have been directed to change a number in my theme code to reset the cache. This works sometimes but not all the time. Sometimes when I need to add a product in a pinch I cannot get the options to show and I have to wait for support to fix it. I have emailed numerous times and never gotten a solution that actually works all the time.

ellyandgrace
Edited March 3, 2016

Have been using the app for a few months. Don't expect the inventory tracking to work. It has been nothing but issues for us regarding inventory tracking. Multiple hours wasted and calls later they basically just said tough luck. They told us to go complain to our other third party apps to convince them to integrate with bold apps, great advice. Also, it doesn't integrate with shipstation or stitch labs so definitely don't use it if you have either of those. Lastly, less important but still notable is that is causes some small changes to the visual appearance of the site and often will look sloppy with the way the options appear on website and in confirmation emails to customers. I would save your money and get a more legit options feature coded into your site. It will take more money up front but in the end this isn't a long term solution if you are looking to make serious money online. If you are running a fairly simple site it could work but eventually the problems are all magnified and you will have to get something better anyway so may as well not waste the monthly payments and hours getting it set up

The Gld Shop
Over 4 years using the app
October 31, 2019

Don't recommend. Maybe the app works well, maybe not. They installed 4 seperate times and each time install broke my site, the last install meant customer could not add to cart. Will no longer do business with these cowboys.

Midsummer Star
10 months using the app
Shop Circle replied November 5, 2019

Hi there, I just wanted to sincerely apologize for the issues you ran into with having the app properly installed on your store. It looks like things were fixed, however we understand that at that point, you were no longer interested in trying the app, and understandably so.

Should you decide you want to try Product Options out while it's working properly on your store, please let us know - our expert, Sam, has attempted to reach out to you via email and is hoping to speak with you over the phone in order to get everything resolved, should you want to try again.