Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels | Reviews

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Giana Rose Couture

Really not user friendly at all. Takes so long to create barcodes for each product and is very time consuming. I used to use shopkeep which created the barcodes automatically and didn't add any time to my day. You really need to work on this feature.

October 27, 2020

I'm sorry to hear that you've not found the Retail Barcode Labels app to be user-friendly but we appreciate you providing us with your feedback here nonetheless. I will be sure to pass your comments onto our development team for them to consider as we build and develop the app in future. Thank you. -Victor, Shopify Support

Hooray Children's Shoppe

My store has had no issues with this app. Sometimes it can take awhile for the barcodes to load but nothing too serious!

Jagged Lily Clothing Co.

I used to really love this app. However, it automatically changed my label printing settings, and now I can't print on any labels other than square. I wish it would also print on Dymo medium labels, but it's currently not an option.

October 27, 2020

Thank you for writing your review and for providing us with this feedback, it's much appreciated. I'd like to learn more about what your printing settings were before and if it's possible to revert back to them, so I will be sending an email to you shortly to discuss this in more detail. Please look out for that and get back to me there. -Victor, Shopify Support

Gold Apple Boutique

I use this app for my retail shop. In general it's been a life saver to be able to code and tag products. However recently it has been glitchy and not creating barcodes for all items - some are missing barcodes when generated. It may be an update issue. Overall I would recommend using this app for retail.

The Preppy Bunny

I works till you have a problem and then zero support. I have a few items that no matter what I do it will not create a barcode. I contacted support and nothing. I will be changing to a different barcode app.

October 22, 2020

Hi, there! Thank you for providing us with this feedback on your experience. I'd love to try and work through any issues with the application you might have encountered and will be following up with you via email shortly! We can continue our dialogue on this there. Thank you! -Oliver, Shopify Support

Loved Boutique & Consignment

3/12/21 Update - This app is useless for my business as it creates duplicate barcode numbers for multiple items. Regardless of what your business is, this is likely to cause all kinds of problems. It also doesn't function whn you clieck "generate barcodes" it will return the message that your codes have been created but it only works 1 out of 5 times. The other 4 times you have to go through the command again multiple times for it to work. Who has time for that? For me, it's a nonstarter and of course now I have to pay for an app. It's ridiculous that shopify doesn't have this function integrated in the platform to begin with but the fact that they couldn't even create a functioning app for it, is very disappointing.

The Handmade House

There needs to be a way to input other sizes for templates. I have extra small dymo labels that are compatible with my dymo printer I purchased from Shopify, but I am unable to use them as their size isn't supported in the app.

October 12, 2020

Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback. At this time, the Retail Barcode Labels app supports the following labels sizes: https://bit.ly/2Zdw49M.

I can certainly see how it would be helpful for merchants to have more templates sizes available within the app. I've submitted feedback directly to our developers on your behalf in hopes that this is something we can address in the future. - Oliver, Shopify Support

Green Orchid Soap Co.

I love this app. All I needed was a basic system that would allow me to print barcode labels for all products and this is it. I found it to be very user friendly and straight forward.

House of Haute

I really want to love this app, but unfortunately I don't. The most ANNOYING thing is that it only creates barcodes while the product profiles have a place for SKUs and Barcodes (leaving the SKU empty). This is a problem for people using the POS system & the Online Platform. Once the barcode is assigned, it's useless for your POS system because it will only read the SKU number (which is left empty on each product profile). In order to rectify it, you'll have to manually copy the barcode field to the SKU field for your POS to recognize it. MANUALLY INPUT EACH PRODUCT AND VARIANT. I have hundreds.... NOT HAPPY AT ALL. There are other minor issues like the lack of label sizes and such but I'd actually tolerate that if the barcode field could automatically fill in the SKU field or better yet, the POS system could read the BARCODE field.

October 9, 2020

Thank you for your review. The Shopify POS currently does read barcodes off of the product's barcode field, and not from the SKU field. The SKU field plays no part in the scanning of products in this case.

It sounds like you may be having an issue with the barcode printouts, the format options, or how they're being scanned. This could also be related to a temporary issue we experienced wherein some products weren't scanning on the All-New POS (this has now been resolved). I'd like to follow up with you for more information and to make sure this has been resolved for you. If it hasn't, we can troubleshoot together there. Speak soon! - Brie, Shopify Support

Diamond Gurl Factory

I CANNOT CLICK ALL PRODUCTS TO PRINT BARCODES AT ONCE, I HAVE TO CLICK A COUPLE OF PRODUCTS AT A TIME

October 7, 2020

Thanks for sharing your review. You can actually print labels for all products at once directly within the Products section of your admin, where you have the ability to bulk select many products as you like. We have instructions on how to achieve this here: https://bit.ly/2SxEPXV.

I'll also be following up with you via email shortly so we can discuss this further. Looking forward to your response! - Julie, Shopify Support.