Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

House of Haute

I really want to love this app, but unfortunately I don't. The most ANNOYING thing is that it only creates barcodes while the product profiles have a place for SKUs and Barcodes (leaving the SKU empty). This is a problem for people using the POS system & the Online Platform. Once the barcode is assigned, it's useless for your POS system because it will only read the SKU number (which is left empty on each product profile). In order to rectify it, you'll have to manually copy the barcode field to the SKU field for your POS to recognize it. MANUALLY INPUT EACH PRODUCT AND VARIANT. I have hundreds.... NOT HAPPY AT ALL. There are other minor issues like the lack of label sizes and such but I'd actually tolerate that if the barcode field could automatically fill in the SKU field or better yet, the POS system could read the BARCODE field.

October 9, 2020

Thank you for your review. The Shopify POS currently does read barcodes off of the product's barcode field, and not from the SKU field. The SKU field plays no part in the scanning of products in this case.

It sounds like you may be having an issue with the barcode printouts, the format options, or how they're being scanned. This could also be related to a temporary issue we experienced wherein some products weren't scanning on the All-New POS (this has now been resolved). I'd like to follow up with you for more information and to make sure this has been resolved for you. If it hasn't, we can troubleshoot together there. Speak soon! - Brie, Shopify Support

Diamond Gurl Factory

I CANNOT CLICK ALL PRODUCTS TO PRINT BARCODES AT ONCE, I HAVE TO CLICK A COUPLE OF PRODUCTS AT A TIME

October 7, 2020

Thanks for sharing your review. You can actually print labels for all products at once directly within the Products section of your admin, where you have the ability to bulk select many products as you like. We have instructions on how to achieve this here: https://bit.ly/2SxEPXV.

I'll also be following up with you via email shortly so we can discuss this further. Looking forward to your response! - Julie, Shopify Support.

Le Braquet Cycling Club

Hello, A lot of Dymo Templates missing! We need more variables, such as 30258 and 30334 to be supported! Please keep it up!

October 7, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. At the moment, Retail Barcode Labels supports these labels sizes: https://bit.ly/2Zdw49M.

That being said, it would be great to see some more template options available, so I will be sure to pass on your comments to our developers for consideration. I'll send you an email directly to confirm that we've logged your feedback on our end. I look forward to speaking with you soon! - Julie, Shopify Support

AdventureUs

Fine at first but now won't work. Won't create new templates. And the printer paper size drop down doesn't have the compatible size printer paper.

October 5, 2020

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue with the Retail Barcode Labels app but thank you for notifying us of the issues you're having here. I'd like to take a closer look into this to see if we can troubleshoot this issue together, so I will be sending an email to you shortly to discuss this with you further if you're still looking for help. Please get back to me there if that is the case. -Oliver, Shopify Support

MascotasCanarias

I need a template for 52.5 x 29.7 but they don't have it. i tried use other template for 10x4 but print really bad the barcodes

October 5, 2020

Hi, there! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback for the application. I've submitted this internally in hopes that we might be able to add this label size down the road. This will allow our developers to see what kind of demand there is for requests like this. Once again, this is very much appreciated. All the best!

HollandCase

i really love this app that is the reason i give 5 star i really love this app that is the reason i give 5 star

DALLAR

Does not work as shown. Price doesn't show ! Can not fix it! Only Dymo - 30299 Price Tag type that allow display the price!

September 21, 2020

Thank you for writing your review and I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this problem. I'd like to take a look at this for you and see if I can diagnose the issue causing the price not to display correctly, so I will be sending an email to you shortly and we can discuss this in more detail there. -Victor, Shopify Support

Fun5DollarJewelry.com

This app makes it really easy to assign barcodes to the jewelry that doesn't already have them and then print the barcodes on either labels or regular paper. **Just be sure to click the correct option if you're creating ones that are missing instead of reassigning all barcodes!** I love being able to then scan the barcodes in the Shopify POS app! Thank you!!

maiocchi

Our Product names are sometimes too long to fit on one line on the barcode sticker. It would be great if there was an option to have the product name go on two lines on the sticker?

September 9, 2020

Hi, there! While this isn't possible within the Retail Barcode Labels app itself, you can resolve this issue via the Dymo software that is downloaded when you install the printer.

I'd recommend shortening your product titles, however if this isn't an option then you can actually use the Dymo labels online interface to shrink the title so that it fits on the label. It will look something like this: https://screenshot.click/20-52-rnak9-7xbt5.png.

If you need anymore assistance with that, feel free to contact our support any time: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions. Cheers! - Brie, Shopify Support

blowdrops

Funktioniert nicht. Nur fehlermeldungen leider ist das typisch bei shopify apps. nicht zu empfehlen.