Retail Barcode Labels

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Price: Free

• Speed tested: no impact to your online store

Wild Hide

What's the purpose of this app if it's can't show the prices on the label!! I contacted support and they said my store currency is not supported! Why the app only supports certain currencies? Please add all currencies, it's really simple I don't know what's complicated about it

April 4, 2022

Hi there, Wild Hide. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review for us. I'm sorry to hear that our application doesn't support the currency you're using in your store. Do you mind me asking what currency it is that you were hoping to show on your labels? I feel that this is a clear opportunity for improvement for Retail Barcode Labels, so I'm going to pass this feedback along to our development team, so they can look into adding this functionality. Thank you for bringing this to our attention via your review. -Imogen, Shopify Support

Worlds Greatest Llc

Trying to drop ship and cj dropshipping products dont have barcodes, anything printed on demand doesnt have a barcode, pretty much trying to sell on line is impossible. I tried to make barcodes so i can sell products on walmart using this app and it gave me 8 digit barcodes that do not fit on google, facebook, or ebay. Really misleading and stupid. After 2 hours of trying to figure it out turns out it doesnt work for its intended purpose. They should call it fake barcode labels to keep your store organized. If u need upc codes stay far the fuck away from this app.

March 23, 2022

Thank you for taking the time and writing this review. It's important to note that the barcodes generated by the Retail Barcode Labels app are unique to your store, which can be used with Shopify POS or for managing the inventories. However, they wouldn't be considered a valid universal product code (UPC) for Walmart and/or Google Shopping.

In order to get a valid UPC/GTIN, then you or the manufacturer will need to apply to become a part of the system at GS1 (Global Standards Organization) - GS1 manages the assigning of UPCs within the US. If you'd like to learn more about obtaining a UPC, then we've got a detailed guide to help you with that right over here: https://bit.ly/3qu70bm.

If you'd like to receive more assistance for this issue, then please reach out to our Support team who would be happy to help via the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA). Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

Victori’Ahh’s Vanity

I was so happy to download this app. After trying out for the 4th times generating barcodes for my cosmetics product, nothing works. I have a QRbot app on my phone to test, only able to scan the barcode numbers without any necessary info shows up of what my product is.

March 20, 2022

Thank you for writing your review and for notifying us of this problem. I would recommend reaching out to our support team directly so we can authenticate you on the store and take a closer look at this for you. You can contact our support team through this link: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. -Victor, Shopify Support

Southern Rayne

Terrible. Continually problems with Google shopping feed. All the barcodes state that they are" not valid" with GTIN and google turned it down. I did an online chat and resolved some of the issues, but then checked back and everything is still the same. Not valid Barcode. Very frustrated. I am extremely unhappy and this seems to be an issue for others as well as me. I will come back to change my rating if support help me to have "valid" GTIN that google shopping won't turn me down.

February 25, 2022

Hey, there. Thank you for taking the time and bringing this to our attention. It's important to note that the GTIN that Google requires is the unique product identifiers assigned by the manufacturers. While the GTIN isn't something that the Retail Barcode Labels app can help with, our barcodes can be used for store management purposes.

That being said, if you need help finding the GTIN for registered products, then you'll want to check out Google's documentation on that here: https://bit.ly/3HkUm4b. However, if you're selling custom products, then they do not need to have a unique identifier.

If you need more assistance with this issue, then this is something that our Support team would be happy to help you with. Please reach out to our Support team via the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA). Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

Public Figure

This app doesn't assist with in store barcoding effectively. It has no ability to show the original price & a marked down price. I have used this for years as it is the only option in Shopify but it is very disappointing.

February 7, 2022

Thank you for writing your review and for sharing your concerns regarding the Retail Barcode Labels app. I can certainly see why being able to display the current price and the comparative price on your barcodes would be beneficial and I will be sure to pass your feedback onto our development team. -Victor, Shopify Support

Koss Design

Destroyed my Google shopping feed, all the barcode are not valid with GTIN and google turned it down I asked for help, I will come back to change my rating if support help me to have "valid" GTIN that google shopping won't turn me down. Before i didn't have a single issue

January 17, 2022

Thank you for writing your review and I'm sorry to hear that you've had this issue. Barcodes generated via the Retail Barcode Labels app will be unique to your store, whereas Google requires specific barcodes if you are selling registered products. These barcodes would generally be predetermined and barcodes generated via the app would not be appropriate, unless the products you are selling are custom products. Custom products do not need to have a unique identifier.

If you'd like to receive more assistance for this issue, please reach out to our support team who would be happy to help: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. -Victor

The Nerd Mall

DESTROYED MY BUSINESS ON CHRISTMAS EVE! After 9 months of uneventful use this grinchy piece of software decided to overwrite every single barcode on all 35,000 items at my stores. We don't know how. Shopify support doesn't know how. No one can do anything. The staff at our multiple locations have had to manually search for every item in the POS, forcing customers into long checkout lines. Even with uploading backup data, we are going to have to burn payroll to rescan at least 2,000 items. This app has turned this jolly fella into a full on scrooge. Humbug I say, Humbug!

January 5, 2022

Hey, there. Sorry to hear about the issues caused by the overwrite. While we don't have any additional information how that could have happened, this may be something that our Technical team can look into. Please get in touch with our Support team again by visiting the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V) and make a request to have this issue escalated.

With a large product catalog, we do recommend making a backup in the event this happens again. There are a couple of options you can consider for doing this, such as by exporting a copy of your products to a CSV file (https://bit.ly/3wCodAB) or using a third-party app, like Rewind Backups (https://bit.ly/3vBrb7f).

Thanks again for taking the time and bringing this to our attention. -Elias, Shopify Support

MOTOVEIKALS 21

Hi! We really like this simple app! There is one problem, sadly, it does not support UTF-8 character encoding...
Developer team, please fix this simple problem!
Best regards,
Jan

January 3, 2022

Hey, there. Thank you for taking the time and sharing this feedback with us. We understand that you're looking for support with UTF-8 character encoding and we'd be happy to pass this suggestion to our developers. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

itzalifestyle.store

Junk bar codes that are only valid for your own personal use. Bar codes are 12 digits and these are only 8.

December 15, 2021

Hi, there. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and share your feedback. If you already have barcodes, then the number of digits in your barcode is dependent on the label size you are using, as per our guide here: https://bit.ly/3pZeW3m. However, if you want to use the app to create barcode labels, then there will be only 8 digits as per here: https://bit.ly/3dO0zJA.

I can certainly see the benefit in creating barcodes with more than eight digits when creating barcode labels and I would be happy to submit your feedback to our developers for future consideration. Thanks again for your feedback! -Marty, Shopify Support

Red Bag

We are using this app but the ability to move items on the labels are so limited and hard to create what we want our labels to look like and get the info we want on them.

December 6, 2021

Hi There. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review and feedback. We can certainly see the benefit in potentially adding more customization options when creating labels. I would be happy to submit your feedback up to our developers for future consideration. Thanks again! -Marty, Shopify Support.