Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

Classie New York™

There's not enough supported label options. Personally, I need to print 2" X 1" labels, and I use a Rollo printer.

The option to create custom label sizes would be great.

February 28, 2020

Thank you for writing your review and providing your feedback to us here. I can see why greater flexibility in terms of label sizes would be a useful option for your business so I will be submitting your feedback to our development team for their consideration. We are always looking for ways to improve our platform and the apps we offer, and merchant feedback plays a large part in determining what changes and features can be implemented. Thank you once again for letting us know your feedback. If you have any further questions about the app, please reach out to our support team at anytime. -Victor, Shopify Support

Tulio

Really happy with this app. Quick and easy to use. We are barcoding our entire warehouse using it....that's over 12,000 labels. Haven't had any issues at all.

Tom's Outdoors

As of 5th Feb 2020 the Retail Barcode Labels/Print Preview page redirects to the /Label Templates page upon pressing Print X Labels button instead of opening the Printer pop up or auto printing. The process is now more inefficient and each label comes from storage.googleapis.com

February 28, 2020

Thank you for writing your review and for explaining your problem here. It sounds like you're having issues getting the labels to generate and then print correctly, so I'd like to learn more about the issue and see if I can suggest a resolution. I'll be sending you an email shortly to touch base with you so please look out for that and get back to me there if you're still needing assistance with this. -Victor, Shopify Support

Uptown Boujee

I had a few issues trying to install this to my store and actually had to reach out to Shopify support for help. the solution was simple and I should have thought of it but I didn't. Works great now but I wish that there were more options for label sizes or an ability to input your own size labels

Balance Eco

There are a few minor issues and inconveniences, however, my biggest problem by far is that Google shows ALL barcodes as invalid. It's cool to be able to create new barcodes for products, but it doesn't really help if they register as invalid barcodes to one of the main shopping platforms.

February 26, 2020

Thank you very much for your review. I'm sorry to hear that using this app caused conflict with your Google Shopping barcode requirements.

Very often this is an issue because Google Shopping requires specific barcodes, which can be traced back to a product's manufacturer, while our barcode labels app isn't able to locate those at this time. Therefore the codes created by the app won't be as specific as what Google is looking for.

That being said, we are always looking for ways to improve the apps we offer to help make our merchants' lives easier. I will be following up with you via email so that we can talk in more detail about how your experience with this app could be improved! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

grace + olive — quality apparel for your littles

I’ve had the app for about two weeks now and I’ve had zero issues! I really like it. It does what it’s suppose to do and does it smoothly.

Violet Row

I’ve experienced some of the issues as the other other reviewers. My biggest issue though is label setup. I wish there was another option available...not variant choices but where the variants show up on a label and the ability to choose a starting point on an avery label sheet. Even more important, to be able to add the title to the small avery label (5167?). I’m only able to print the price & barcode. How can an employee know what product that label goes to w/out the title? I would love to discuss this further. Thanks!

February 26, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. Our development team relies on this kind of candid review so that we can continue to improve the options we offer.

I’ve reached out to you via email so that we can chat more. Hope to hear from you soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

Damselfly Clothing Company

This app is a little gliltchy. It doesn't always create all the barcodes for new items, it doesn't have a cart or easy way to print tags for new items, and just about every other time, it doesn't populate the print window and you have to generate tags again. Very time consuming and only works with Dymo label printers, which are marginal also. I expected much more!

February 26, 2020

Thank you for leaving this review. To create barcodes for new products only, please follow these steps (http://bit.ly/2w4VxG2) to add barcodes to any products or variants that don't currently have a barcode assigned to them.

In terms of the issue you mentioned with the print window not populating, this may be a browser issue. I recommend testing this out in a Chrome browser to see if the same problem occurs.

I'm going to send you a follow up email to check in and make sure this information helps resolve your queries. Speak soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

Common Coast

You have to "create" the barcode at least 2-3 times before a barcode is actually populated. It wastes a lot of time.

February 8, 2020

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us!

The expected workflow is that you'll only need to create the barcode once and then can print it anytime you need new labels. I'd like to review the steps that are causing you to have to repeat your actions to help streamline your workflow.

I’ve followed up with you via email so that we can continue to chat about what you're seeing! -Lizzy, Shopify Support

IN2VAPES

app works well when it does work however shopify seems to have a lot of issues lately with everything!

February 8, 2020

Thank you very much for your review here. I'm glad to hear that this app has been helpful for your business so far!

Our team works hard to improve our app functionality and merchant experience with Shopify overall, so I'd like to discuss the issues you've been having.

I’ve reached out to you via email, hope to hear from you soon! -Lizzy, Shopify Support