Retail Barcode Labels

Retail Barcode Labels

by Shopify

Create and print barcode labels for your products

House of Plants

Lacks support for custom labels. Great app otherwise. I would give 5-stars if it had that one feature. We use a custom printer.

November 18, 2020

Thank you for leaving this feedback and I'm glad that you've mostly found the app to be useful for the business. I will be sure to pass your comments onto our development team for them to consider as we build and develop the app in future. Thanks again! -Oliver, Shopify Support

Art by Amy Labbe

I have been trying to reach help for 4 days in a row with zero response. The label choices are minimum so it appears this app will be useless trying print on smaller Avery labels....

November 17, 2020

Hi, there. I'm sorry to hear you've had a hard time reaching our team - we're experiencing a large volume of support requests right now, so if you've reached out via email it may take longer than usual for someone to get back to you. If your issue is urgent, I'd recommend reaching out via live chat, or by messaging us on Facebook or Twitter.

If you're trying to print on a label size that isn't compatible with the default template, we should be able to assist you in changing the size set in the template's code. I'd like to find out more about what you're trying to do and see what we can do to get that working for you. I'll follow up with you via email for more details and we can discuss there. Thanks! - Brie, Shopify Support

MODERN OUT

The bar codes really help me organize my inventory. But when I print multiple out at a time, 3 or 4 of them will not print correctly on the Dymo sticker leaving me to try and printing them again. So I cannot print more than 5 at a time otherwise it will mess up and skip and not print correctly. Yes I have the right stickers and set up sizes. If I print less than 5 at a time they come out perfect each time.

November 16, 2020

Thanks for leaving this review. When printing in bulk, it's best to follow these steps (http://bit.ly/2GC5bSM), and ensure your printer is using these recommended settings (http://bit.ly/331SMkl).

I'm going to follow up with you via email to help look into the troubles you're having, and work towards a resolution. Talk soon! - Rae, Shopify Support

The Mercantile at Mill + Grain

Agree with most other 1 star reviews. You have to go through the process MULTIPLE times to get 1 barcode created. I don't understand why that functionality won't live inside Shopify (like Shopkeep) and not in an App. You also have to delete the app and reinstall if you have any issues.

November 16, 2020

Hi, there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having this technical issue with the app, and I'd like to investigate this issue further for you. I'll send you an email shortly for more information and we can take a look at it together. Cheers. - Brie, Shopify Support

Hippie-Ki-Yay Boutique

It's sometimes frustrating because it won't created barcodes on items. You have to repeatedly hit create. Other than that it's good

November 16, 2020

I'm glad that you've mostly found the app to be useful but I'm sorry to hear that you sometimes have issues creating the barcodes quickly. Thank you for your feedback on this, and I will be sure to submit this information to our development team who work on the app for them to see. Please contact our support team at help.shopify.com/questions if you require further assistance. -Victor, Shopify Support

Hartz Honey Hole

I use this app to create price stickers for my store. I do not like having to repeatedly go through the process to attempt to make barcodes. Sometimes it works on the first try but typically I have to go through the process repeatedly, at least 5 times of clicking " create barcode" then navigate back to the product screen and do it again and again until it finally actually produces a barcode. Some times i have to repeat this process over 15 times to get one generated and I have also found that it often will generate a barcode that is already in use which I have no way of knowing that until the cashier rings up an item and flags it for multiple items being linked to the barcode. It is frustrating!

November 16, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review here; I'm sorry to hear that you're having these technical issues with the app. This certainly shouldn't be the case, and I'd like to look into this for you further. I'll send you an email shortly and we can take a look at it together. Speak soon! - Brie, Shopify Support

MODELLEISENBAHNGEBRAUCHT.DE

Barcodes werden in völlig chaotischer Rheinfolge erzeugt wenn man in der Produkt Section eine bestimmte Liste auswählt anstatt diese Rheinfolge zu übernehmen. Viel Sortier Arbeit.

Mooey Christmas & Udder Things

The app is really easy to use. I only wish it would show the SKU on the items after you print the labels, since you cannot see the name on the label after it's printed. I also wish it would fit the name or part of the name of the item on the Jewelry Label and the 1" square. If it had that, I would have given it 5 stars.

Love on Haight

So you get barcodes, but sadly, they don't work for Google or Amazon...so only for shopify. Wish it was different.

November 4, 2020

Thank you for this feedback. Retail Barcode Labels creates 8-digit product barcodes that can be scanned and used in retail locations. Whereas the UPC codes required by Google and Amazon operate slightly differently. To learn more about how these codes are used on Google, please check out this document: https://bit.ly/3oVwf4c. Equally, this Amazon resource: https://amzn.to/3621odn is helpful, too.

I also recommend looking over this document (https://bit.ly/3mNmSl9) for more details on adding UPC codes to products in Google Shopping, as well as this document (https://bit.ly/364nCLM) that refers to this same process on Amazon.

I'll follow up with you via email so we can discuss this further! - Rae

JMan Photography

Once Set Up it works good. Works on brother label system as well. Would like to be able to set one label as default setting, thus eliminating one step to print. Would also be nice to be able to print right from product listing with filter as I have alot of catching up to do with inventory and is tedious to have so many steps to print one label.