REVIEWS.io

REVIEWS.io

by Reviews.io

Text, Photo & Video Reviews | Licensed Google Review Platform

PedestalSource

Pretty good interface, company genuinely seems set up to help a small business like ours. Per the usual, the on-boarding and customer support is mediocre. With better customer support, this tool would be a lot more powerful, which is to say: to make the most of the tool, anticipate figuring out a lot of this on your own regardless of how the app is sold. It must be said, we've been in the middle of a pandemic, so our experience has very likely been impacted by that and perhaps during "normal" times the service is excellent, which would make this a five-star product. Though risking an unfair assessment given the context, I'll still say: It's great they're a google partner, but when I asked for help verifying if we were collecting reviews correctly, whether or not we had the right data in our product catalogue for the Google shopping reviews, and exactly WHERE to input the code snippets in our Shopify site, I was simply sent generic, relatively useless how-to articles that I had already found on my own. A support ticket was placed for help inserting the snippet into the shopify site so we would get the stars showing under the product title on product pages, and a week later after following up three times on the Reviews.io support channel, I was told there weren't any product reviews (there were 200+, they simply hadn't looked in a week since we started gathering them) and then sent a link to the code snippet. Pretty useless. So I created a duplicate store and guessed around with where to embed the code snippet, even though I have no experience with code. Was able to figure it out, though mostly thanks to Shopify's simple interface. I have a handful of other changes and optimizations I'd like to make but I'm growing disheartened that we'll get there without a third-party vendor––an expense we can't currently afford. What's more, it will simply be a waiting game of trial-and-error to see if we have our catalogue and reviews collection set up properly to get the stars in our ads. All that said, the platform itself is solid and we've collected over 400 reviews in the past week and it seems like we're at least well on our way to getting the GSR. I can tell there is a lot we can do with this tool but the company doesn't seem to have the support at the moment to help customers with minimal dev experience really thrive.

Lowland Kids

Huge issues with products syncing from Shopify to Reviews.io that their devs had to get involved with a couple times. Was given no explanations or even notice when everything was taken care of. When they did sync, all products were duplicated in Reviews.io and reviews were randomly assigned to a variant of the product. Then I asked them to merge the products. The SKU the system chose was a made-up one that didn't correlate to real products in Shopify.

In general the support team were quick to respond at first, then either don't respond to follow-up questions or take 30+ minutes (a little badge in the chat shows when they've seen your message). Most of the time they were unhelpful.

The UX is unintuitive and leads to completely unnecessary confusion. The hierarchy inconsistency is baffling.

I give it three stars for the following reasons:
- Support is quick to respond to simple inquiries (usually under 5 minutes). Same can't be said of all their competitors.
- Pricing is fair
- Platform is pretty quick (competitors feel more laggy)