Shippo

Shippo

by Shippo

Save Time and Money on Shipping - Get started in Minutes!

Tactipup

I use Shippo strictly because I need USPS manifests for when the mail carrier comes to our shop, so they don't have to scan a couple hundred packages. That said, I have 3 complaints with the system. 1) Their developers roll out changes to the application without testing....so you will be in a groove, needing to get shipments out and boom...something that has historically been working is not working now. It's usually resolved within the same day, but probably about once per month something is magically broken. Users should not be finding these issues EVERY time. I wish that there was more testing done before pushing production changes. Especially when core functionality is what is affected. (i.e. today, cannot print labels for batch orders, the button does not work). 2) Every now and again, the sync between Shippo and Shopify gets broken. We use a different app to print picking lists, and then use Shippo to print our labels only. So when shippo doesn't fulfill an order or two in Shopify, you have to work your way back and figure out which order didn't fulfill. 3) If you have a non-technical person printing labels for you and the process needs to be the exact SAME every time, do not use this application. Sort of tied to complain #1, there will be application changes rolled out that affect browser functionality. Like, I used to be able to print labels and manifests from Safari...but that stopped working, and now you have to save the file to your computer, find the file, and print from the local file. We switched to Firefox and the functionality works fine. There are various little things that pop up that I figure out how to navigate around, but a non-technical person would not.

I don't know the age of the company, but the application feels half baked at times and it seems like Shippo is a start up company low on resources and formal processes...no knock on that, but when your business relies on their application, it's a no-go.

Planwithbelinda

I used this app to ship merchandise from my store for over a year. In the first six months it ran smoothly and didn't run into any issues. Then the app made some adjustments and now has many issues. For example, I cannot ship just one order. It has to be multiple, or it has glitches. I have reached out to customer service multiple times and haven't received assistance. The most frustrating thing is that they don't have a customer service phone number to call when an issue needs to be solved. The only way to reach out is by email. It's crucial to be able to get help as soon as possible when my business depends on an app like this. I don't want to ruin anyone's reputation or hurt a business, because I wouldn't want someone to do the same to me. This is just my experience. I hope they can take this as constructive criticism and open up a phone line to be able to call for assistance in case there are any issues like this. I will be taking my business elsewhere. Thank you.

Woventapestries

Long time customer of Shippo on two different accounts. The app provide great rates for shipping labels and the integration process is pretty straight forward.

When it comes to accounting, there are a few things that break it for Shippo:

1. If you have any canceled labels, these will not be refunded back to you. Instead these act as roll over credit for future orders. We found this problematic when we were shipping logistic out of Shippo. Even if you do decide to close your account / switch service completely, any amount of labels that were refunded as credit in Shippo remains. If you're doing volume, this could mean hundreds of labels and credit stalled into one account as non-transferable credit.

2. USPS vs UPS vs Fedex vs DHL. If you have multiple carrier accounts, you may be billed outside of Shippo form UPS or DHL even if the charges show up in Shippo. It is not clear when these happen and it's up to you to distinguish which records in Shippo are actually charged outside of Shippo and which are within Shippo - quite the headache to backtrack through many orders. And do if you're not careful this can create issues with your carrier accounts for unpaid invoices. Very confusing -- a UI issue that can be addressed easily within Shippo IF they chose to implement it.

Time to Dress Up

Found this too US-focused, not helpful for me as a UK business.