WhatsApp & SMS Marketing: TCW

WhatsApp & SMS Marketing: TCW

Free plan available. 5-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (4.6)
Developer
4.6
Edited April 13, 2018

It is useful app, have to use if you want to do online biz.

Hapakudemo
Vietnam
Time spent using app: Over 3 years
March 21, 2018

Awesome app, really works perfectly, and the costs are very good

Ikitoo
Turkey
Time spent using app: 3 months
March 3, 2018

Good app. Only use it for abandoned checkout recovery messages. It just needs some tools to measure things. Tool to measure clicks on the tiny urls (cart link) and to measure abandoned carts recovered as a result of customers clicking on the tinyurl.

And or an export of all the phone numbers that were sent the message/tiny URL.

Would engender a better cooperative relationship with customers if your pricing were more transparent and structured better. e.g. 80% of our customer phone numbers have iMessage enabled which of course means there is no wholesale telco carrier cost for those.

A PERFECT abandoned checkout product (and one which ultimately MUST be what is used) would integrate abandoned checkout recovery emails with abandoned checkout recovery SMS in order to allow us to pick the correct amount of messages in a sequence whether SMS or email and to stop them if a cart is recovered via either method or otherwise.

Pump Hair Products
Time spent using app: 4 months
Edited March 26, 2018

My initial review was:
It works. I mostly use it for delivery notifications, not the abandoned cart. notifications are easily edible. Love the app, though country rates are a bit high.
Igor

After a couple of weeks I found out that some of the messages to my customers would not be delivered. I contacted the app support to find out if they had a back log of the SMS that were sent and delivered. The only answer from the support called Vikas was that SMS were not delivered to the numbers starting with an 8 digit, which was not correct as I found out later.
Okay, my fault was not to pay attention to the notification on the left side of the notifications page in the app settings as per the number of symbols and Unicode symbols in an SMS. My fault, I got it, anyways the support never got back to me, and it's been two weeks now since my initial inquiry.
When I found out that my notifications 'weighed' 3-5 SMS on average I decided to pay more attention to where my deposit is going. I converted all my notifications in Latin and reduced to under 160 symbols with shortened links, so that there would be no variation in an SMS length. And I checkmarked cc' admin telephone number and placed a couple of test orders. None of the notifications went through, I mean literally none, and I have "order placed", "order partially fulfilled" and "order fulfilled" notifications turned on. Now, this was when I got super confused and mad. If it didn't work twice, how could I be sure it ever worked with 5 long SMS in Unicode symbols that cost me 37.5 cents. Are you kidding me? And the support never returned my questions about the back log.
I decided to turn on the previously inactive 'order cancelled' notification just to double check and i cancelled my own test order and the SMS did go though. This was when I figured out that updates to the text of the notifications apparently take some time to sync to the app servers or something. Anyways, this literally made me mad, I fired a couple of furtious emails at the supports, they didn't care, they still don't care.
Next day SMS delivery got back on track, but I prefer to double check with admin delivery and I am just moving towards the end of my budget with this app developer. If they did not deliver some of my SMS, how can i be 100% sure that any of them are delivered?
After some research I found out that some apps out there support automatic link shortening, symbols counter alert, SMS counter alert, SMS tracking analytics etc. All this at the same cost of your SMS budget.

I've been with shopify for 5 years, I"ve seen many apps, I've seen different support. And this is the first time I am leaving a 1-star review. In my opinion this app is a waste of time and money. That's one they have a minimum budget of $30 so that when you find that this app is useless, you've already spent your minimum and that's it. Don't rely on this app.

Coffeeshopmoscow
Russia
Time spent using app: 2 months
February 23, 2018

Great App! Super easy to install and setup. Great for abandoned carts.

Unique Accesorios
Colombia
Time spent using app: 7 months
February 20, 2018

Great app. But there should be an option to manually upload phone numbers on SMS marketing panel. How can we do that?

Fodtest
India
Time spent using app: 10 months
February 20, 2018

Nice app to send notifications to abandoned carts and customers. easy to use.
though i hope charge per sms gets lower soon

Trend Jewelries
Time spent using app: 8 months
February 15, 2018

Perfect App for Cart Abandonement.

1k Hair
Time spent using app: 3 months
February 13, 2018

Does what it says: sends SMS to abandoned cart customers. Nothing else. However, it's a bit expensive. A normal SMS can easily take up to 5 ou 6 credits (pay 5 or 6 SMS in one single SMS sent). This is due to using unicode characters, such as "á" or "ç", or any emoticon. If you multiply your country SMS price by 5 or 6 this is no longer an afordable choice.

Fitnessalley
Portugal
Time spent using app: 7 months
February 13, 2018

After using SMS Notifications for 4-5 months, I am very satisfied with its performance. The SMS charges are also reasonable and worth the price.

Thanks for the great product !!!!

Emergency Gear Backpack 2