Recharge Subscriptions

We turn transactions into relationships

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

Teacher Care Crate

I am updating my review based on more recent experience with recharge. I migrated from a popular platform that sells only subscription boxes, and I'll be honest, I experienced a lot of challenges in the first month on the app. By the time I found Matt and Nick, I was beyond frustrated. But in the end, they saved the day. Nick helped clean up the migration issues in the "nick" of time before my customers renewed. And Matt ensured all of my other questions were answered thoroughly and in a timely manner. There are areas on the app that can use improvement. Specifically, a way to add a ship-date (instead of being on the same date of the renewal), and a more user-friendly customer portal. On the bright side, I learned how to use the app quickly, by running through these issues together with the customer service team, and my customers barely noticed the massive work we did behind the scenes, as it was a mostly-seamless transition on the customer-facing side.

Rampage Coffee Co.

This app works fairly well for what it's meant for however, there are a few things I do not like about it. I'll start with what I like about it first. Pros: The Recharge customer service team is very responsive and super helpful. I was using a different subscription app previously and was in search for a better one. This one is better than what I was using but I feel that it could still offer more. Customers who are subscribed are able to add other products to a future subscription order as a one-time purchase, so that the added product is only added to one order and not all future orders. This is something the previous app I was using did not offer. Cons: There is no pickup option so that local customers can subscribe to my products and pick up their order, so I had to build a work-around. If you use the Recharge check-out there is an option to add notes to customers subscriptions that will show on future orders however, if you use the Shopify check-out this option does not exist. I find this extremely inconvenient if you need to leave a note on the customer's next order, or on all future orders - you can't. I use to use a different subscription app and decided to switch to Recharge. The migration went fairly smooth however, I kept finding several orders that randomly had free shipping and no one seemed to know how or why. I believe this issue has finally been resolved and must have had something to do with the migration I hope. When I have a store wide sale, I use an app that changes/discounts the prices of all of my products. If someone were to subscribe during a sale, all of their future orders will reflect the sale discount, as well as my subscription discount that I offer. So my team has to go through new subscriptions after every sale and adjust the prices. I believe this could be resolved by using a discount code for my sales rather than changing all of my prices however, I apply different discounts to different products so a discount code with one discount to apply to all orders doesn't really work well for me. If a product goes out of stock on my Shopify store, Recharge doesn't know and customers can still add the items as one-time purchases to future subscription orders. So you have to have a collection of products that are specifically the only products that can be added as one-time purchases, and when one goes out of stock you need to remove it from the collection. I will continue to use this app as I don't think there is a better option right now

Red Stick Spice Company

Time spent using app Over 4 years

As a subscription system, the app performs fine. We are always on the hunt for a new system because Recharge's support leaves a lot to be desired. First, do not pay for enhanced support. It is no different from what is built in. When you do finally communicate with support, you will be gaslit approximately 3 times before they acknowledge that the problem exists. "We can't duplicate the problem" "There was nothing attached" "The video example you provided isn't long enough". In between each communication is at least 24 hours. It's exhausting. Most problems I've finally fixed myself using message board info or YouTube videos. Other problems require a developer. However, Recharge's recommended developers never get back in touch. I have one persisting issue that I cannot correct, Recharge refuses to correct and their developers won't acknowledge me. If all you do is sell subscriptions, Recharge is adequate. If you have other products in your store, prepare yourself for ongoing interaction with support.

Koffieduif.nl

Location Netherlands

Compared to other subscription apps, this one is most completed. Their support is amazing and they fixed the translation issues quite quickly. However, I needed to stop using the app and Shopify platform because the new integration with Shopify checkout doesn’t SEPA direct debit, most important payment method in EU. Very unfortunate after all the effort we put into it, but that’s the lack of functionality from Shopify side and not willing to temporarily accept the ReCharge legacy checkout.

Bower Collective

Time spent using app Over 1 year

ReCharge has some real positives, however it does have some drawbacks. It is not particularly user friendly in the first instance. After working with ReCharge for a while it is now excellent, but it takes a moment to work out the most effective way to use it.

EAT GRIM

Location Denmark
Time spent using app Over 2 years

The system is a bit slow to work with, but I'm a fan of the chat customer service function. They're always super fast to respond and clear up my issues, no matter the complexity. Latest, I got amazing assistance from Nevena J. from the customer support team

Swiss Toniq (Darwin Capital sarl)

Location Switzerland
Time spent using app About 1 year

There are many bugs that cause my customers repeat orders not to go through each month and I can never understand and take ages to try to figure each problem out, I hope this will be improved soon, although the I'm very happy with the customer service

HairLust

Location Denmark
Time spent using app About 1 month

After installing the app, our store encountered theme issues. Recharge helped us out and we found a good solution to the problem. Now, everything runs smoothly.

Siskiyou Sungrown

It has been a really rough ride migrating our store from WordPress to Shopify but the customer support at ReCharge has been a really great help.

T Nation Biotest

Time spent using app Over 1 year

We are very pleased with ReCharge for the two months we've been using it. Our main worries are keeping things in stock to keep up with our subscriptions! Our time with the growth manager is coming to a close next week and I'm curious to see if that will impact our experience. So far we are pleased with the support and feel like we chose the right subscription app. In terms of improvements, we would like a feature where you could safeguard your subscription supply. For instance, there were times that we put a product out of stock in Shopify, so we have enough to fulfill subscription orders of that product. But to do that, you have to select "Create order always (and reduce inventory)." However, we then found in the ReCharge Customer Portal those products that are out of stock in Shopify, are in stock in the Customer Portal because of that order processing setting - which allows customers to change their subscription to something else that might be getting rationed. I think there needs to be additional controls to help stores manage and prioritize subscription orders and customers because it can become quite complex. We also had an issue with multiple shipping charges if an order included multiple subscriptions that have different recurring schedules. We are using ReCharge Shopify Checkout Integration and ReCharge says it is an issue that Shopify needs to solve, along with the 2.0 subscription widget not switching the price label between one-time and subscription options. I would like ReCharge and Shopify to work together to solve important issues that affect both of their customers.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10