Recharge Subscriptions

Recharge Subscriptions

by Recharge

We turn transactions into relationships

Roasted On

Moving from Bold to Recharge has been the worst software decision I have made. For months I've had issues with customers being charged on the wrong day because of timezone differences. After following all of Recharge instructions to fix this... this month the orders didn't happen at all. I understand software can be complex and faults arise. But I've given them months to sort this out, it's now worse, so I'm going to leave a ranty review. They charge for different levels of customer service, but what Recharge should really address is "if we are getting so many customer support tickets that we have to start charging, maybe our product needs to be fixed?" Recharge would be fantastic, if only the software would reliably, well, recharge customers. Perhaps North American businesses won't have the timezone issues that I do, and so the software works fine. But for anyone outside of North America, consider yourself warned.

MicroPuzzles

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE experience of any app we've used. TOTAL lack of support. No sense of urgency - emails go unanswered for days (almost a week at one point). We were passed from customer agent to customer agent with little follow thru or attempt to rectify our issues. Incredibly disappointed. Big on excuses - low on results. Ridiculous. I've owned a Shopify store since MAY 2012 - we've used a TON of apps through the years. ReCharge has been the most frustrating experience I've ever had. If there is a vendor score card out there with Shopify - ReCharge should be penalized for the time, money and energy they've cost us. Literally THE WORST.

Modern Piping

I don't usually rate things but this app is beyond bad. Not only do their customer service take days to get back to you when you need an answer quickly but the actual recharge app never opens on Shopify. Or is extremely slow. Even on different browsers, devices with high-speed internet. The app is super buggy, my product frequency changed without my knowledge on the backend due to a system update and my customers were over charged. Unless you have a developer who can work on the app and customise it for you and fix things quickly I would not recommend.

Bean Nation

We got all our products uploaded and in almost no time, the app malfunctioned. You will get a templated email that says your problem is complicated and it has been escalated. Then, you will not hear back from them. Seems like they are badly broken right now. Maybe if you are reading this at a later date... it might be fixed. Today, it is broken.

Boutique Heidi Handkerchiefs

I wish i could give 5 stars, but it is still not set up after many many emails. I am so disappointed in this app. it has cost me a lot of sale, I cant even launch it because of all the issues. which I am sure could be resolved if I was responded to quickly and with detailed information

Jackie's Chocolate

Endless problems the past 4 years. Zero customer support. Default response to any issue is "user error". We've lost tens of thousands of dollars due to issues with this software.

Elie’s Bowtiful Bows

IF YOU CAN AFFORD PAYING FOR ANOTHER APP, PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF AND YOUR CLIENTS MONEY AND DO NOT USE RECHARGE My previous review said that the customer service was great... They upgraded me to the advanced support because of a big problem that their software caused. BUT I think it's even worse than before.... Support takes days to reply. They assure me that problems are resolved and the same things are still happening. All my new subscribers get Recharged in double for their first subscription. It's frustrating to try an explain to NEW customers what is happening and then I have to refund them which I lose money doing because of transaction fees.... I've been growing with a rate of about twenty new subscribers per month.... So you can imagine the issues I'm dealing with.... Support is almost unexistant at this point Even though I was upgraded to the advantage level support for the issue below... BEWARE there is an issue when applying store wide discounts to your website for sales and such, even if you choose NOT to apply discounts on the Subscriptions when creating in shopify, the system does not take that into account and provides the discounts anyways. You have to manually code the discount into the recharge app, which might I add is not a simple task if you don't have the knowledge to do that. This issue cost me 250$. But they were quick to offer free advantage plan support for three months. Please read carefully when choosing this platform to make sure you don't have a similar issue. Back end could use some work. They should revise how they display upcoming subscriptions, and they don't really take into account if you have more than one type of sub, because they just bundle everything together in the back end.... could be confusing some times. Customer tagging based on subscription type should be editable, because it would solve multiple issues.... Including a list of customers for specific subs, make it easier to count how many I need to prepare, and also make syncing with Mailchimp a breeze as all my lists are managed manually now...

Nourisher

Very disappointed with this app currently. The customer support team is impossible to get ahold of and there currently is an error with a recharge workflow we have created (that was set up correctly and verified by their support team) but it is flawed and firing orders off at the wrong date.

jagatpharma

Did not work for us, as we are based in India and subscription payment works only with SHOPIFY PAYMENT, but SHOPIFY PAYMENTS are not available in India.

Nutracelle

Recharge has been a nightmare for us from day 1. Their customer support has been non-existent, they refuse to help if you have other apps installed and blame everything that doesn't work on other apps - even though we paid a premium for 'priority' support. They don't support currency conversions, so discounts actually ADDED the value of the discount to the price. When we had complaints from our customers on how confusing the customer portal was, they charged $300/month to customize it, and you still have to pay a developer 1000s on top of that. After more than 2 years, we finally found another solution that works for us and we have never been so happy to get rid of an app than Recharge. Good Riddance.