ReCharge Subscriptions

ReCharge Subscriptions

by ReCharge

Seamlessly scale your subscription business

Bible Hint

This app is absolutely horrible. There is so much custom code and it is incredibly slow to load. I get so many errors when trying to set up the product. I am a software engineer and am currently debating building a product that actually works for subscription products on Shopify. If I am having issues, I can only imagine how many a non-technical person would have. I'd go with another app.

malingmouse

This app is really one of the worst apps I've ever used. I started using shopify about a year and a half ago and started using Recharge since May for context. I have tried for the past 5 months to accept the flaws but it is terrible. To put it simply, every month there are errors to which support just replies "there are many reasons for errors", and i have to ask about 2-3 times before the charges are regenerated. I am not sure if they don't understand me but they always go a roundabout way before finally understanding my request. The number of things that cause errors is phenomenal. A customer can be subscribed and charged fine for 2 months, NO changes made on their part or mine, and suddenly the next month there's an error. A customer can purchase from me normally, but then under the subscription apparently there's no shipping zone set up? How is that possible when they purchase from me ALL the time or just was subscribed the month before? If you want a charge regenerated you can't even list the names of the customers. You have to provide them with the email address. Imagine if you have 100 errors, you have to click through the customer's page, copy and paste the email addressed INDIVIDUALLY to support to get it done? No to mention they take forever to reply you? The last straw was I had insufficient inventory listed, which is my fault, and so the charge had to be regenerated. I set it to charge the next day, it did not. I emailed support and they regenerated it for me, but suddenly the next month's charges were ALL errored. SO the problem just carried forward to the next month? and If i manually retry the charge, all the bills turn to $0? Why should one error just lead to another? To multiple others actually. And if you email them about the multiple errors they seem to only respond to one at a time. Example: Email problem A and B, answers A and then bot sends "how would you rate my support?" when i haven't even got B sorted out? Terrible app for 60USD, terrible support. App needs SOO much work. I don't even know why it is launched. It’s very suspicious that all the bad reviews were removed and only shows reviews from 6 Nov onwards. My review is truthful, please be warned.

Myles Fitness

Horrible customer service, and horrible product. Crashed multiple times a week, and clients were then unable to check out. Multiple day wait times to hear from back from customer service. This has happened to my website now 6 times, and they have failed to provide any help or reasoning behind it. Would not recommend this product to anymore.

booboo.life

Good app but when you face any problem their customer service is not existent. This is so frustrating. When you have to pay for shopify and their app. We have 5 shopify stores and we use a lot of apps. This one has simply the worst customer service you can imagine. They just don't care because when they lock you in it's hard to get out. Just go through their facebook and read the comments everyone has the same complain. You wait weeks for any relevant answer. YES WEEKS.

HotGhostWriter

Terrible experience and terrible customer service.
We just added Recharge and some of the products were set to be subscription forever, although we wanted to undo them.
Not only that, now our customers cannot add them to their cart, it is a massive bug. Currently is costing us some money. We asked for help, and they didn't get back to us. Every day we are losing money and still waiting for a response

eFlow Nutrition

None existent customer service. Charges don't go through and tech support doesn't know why and won't answer you. Impossible to get help, they refuse to even offer a phone number!

Goldmine Adaptogens

I've had a pretty poor experience with Recharge. They charge you for all sorts of features including customer support. We've been using Recharge for our subscription offering for the last 2 years. They recently changed how the customer portal looks, you used to be able to customize how this page looked so it was on-brand and matched the rest of the site. Without any notification, they've changed it completely. It can't be customized with brand fonts or colors - so it looks really awful. They now require you to upgrade to customize this page, $300 a month. Pretty crazy. I'm actively looking to switch to another app for our subscription products.

Danu

There are better subscription solutions out there. I tried using this app for subscriptions, but I had to change the API keys for my payment provider and ReCharge doesn't allow us to to change API keys securely in the app, and the support team asked me to email them the new API keys, which is completely insecure. How can I trust a company that suggests that? Any decent app would allow me to securely update the keys directly in the app, without having to contact their support team, or send via insecure methods.

KetoneAid

WARNING! GLITCH IN SYSTEM.
If you offer Free Shipping coupon codes. Their system will NOT match the shopify "limit up to $x". So if a customer orders a $50 they will get $150 free overnight FedEx. It is idiodic. Yet they reply "But free usually means free" And they just see it as yet another of 100 little upgrade requests. Costs me an arm and a leg. Please fix!

Our Daily Bottle

Significant issues are left unresolved
We have an integration with Rise.ai and we have flagged many times that there are some significant issues with the way recharge has set it up. We flagged this to Rise as well. They are aware of it and explained that many customers are experiencing the same issue and that recharge can easily make a plan to make the integration work smoother. However, as it turns out they are not prioritising this leaving ourselves and many other merchants to their mercy. What is this issue? We have a subscription business, obviously. Recharge works with one integration only for gift cards, which is rise.ai. When customers receive a gift card and we need to correctly register it, recipients need to give in credit card details in check-out, which to many is a serious issue. I have flagged and flagged this numerous times, I know for a fact other merchants have too and they refuse to do something about it. Not taking any responsibility. It has led to so much manual work and inconvenient workarounds that we have come to a point where we actually can't scale if we keep using recharge. I'm currently looking at other options than recharge, because gifting is a major part of our income and their refusal to remove this UX obstacle is revenue-impacting.

Previous 1 3