Recharge Subscriptions

We turn transactions into relationships

Free plan available. Additional charges may apply.

• Up-to-date tech: works with the latest themes

Bearsville Soap Company

Our subscription business was previously with Bold. We transitioned to Recharge last year, largely based on the aesthetics of their customer portal - it looks slicker and we thought it would make for a better customer experience. Unfortunately, the back-end of Recharge has been a disaster for us. Our subscribers have been unable to update their payment method since DEC 27, 2021. It is now FEB 21, 2022. That's nearly two months since we've alerted Recharge to this issue, and unfortunately the problem still persists. We receive daily emails from our subscribers (who WANT to continue) but they're unable to update to their new credit card - and they have no choice but to let the subscription expire. I continue to follow up with Recharge every other day or so, and am told that they're "working on it." They've offered up a few workarounds, none of which worked. Needless to say, it's been a pain managing irritated customers (loss of time), and it has resulted in a loss in our subscription revenue (loss of money). But more importantly, it has been a such a poor experience for our most loyal, long-term, avid users. The last two months of listening to our subscribers' frustration, and watching our subscriptions decline has left us feeling unsupported and powerless, since there's still no fix. Below is just one of the endless customer emails we've received. This experience has been everything you want to avoid as a business owner - it's embarrassing and a poor reflection on everything we've been working to build. Recharge might look better, but Bold actually worked. CUSTOMER EMAIL: I have tried three separate times to access the subscription page with no luck, always a "third party access" issue. My card I used to pay for the subscription is expiring and since I can't update it I suppose I will just let you figure that I am cancelling my subscription. Thanks for the great soap that I have had and good luck. ***MARCH 28TH 2022 UPDATE*** Unbelievably, this issue still persists -- THREE MONTHS LATER. I have been passed along to six or seven different support reps. There has been no correction - nor any indication that they have even been able to identify the issue. It's been a constant flow of "our team is looking into it", "we're getting close", "we need an API key" (which has been supplied three times now) then the next rep steps in and repeats all the same responses. It is absolutely crazy that it's been three months; you'd think someone at Recharge would acknowledge this absurdity of this, and simply dedicate some time & thought to correct the issue - but it's obvious our business doesn't matter to Recharge. We'll await the next email of "we're working on it...."

sirwaggingtons

Worst customer support and it's like their job is to make people want to stop using ReCharge. Jon B said he would help and that he cared about my issue but he did nothing to resolve it. It's been 3 days. I'm paying thousands of dollars a year to ReCharge and no one from their team is helping. Customers update their credit cards but ReCharge doesn't update it on their end to use the new credit card. Disappointed. I hope you tell Jon B to improve his customer service

Bible Hint

This app is absolutely horrible. There is so much custom code and it is incredibly slow to load. I get so many errors when trying to set up the product. I am a software engineer and am currently debating building a product that actually works for subscription products on Shopify. If I am having issues, I can only imagine how many a non-technical person would have. I'd go with another app.

malingmouse

This app is really one of the worst apps I've ever used. I started using shopify about a year and a half ago and started using Recharge since May for context. I have tried for the past 5 months to accept the flaws but it is terrible. To put it simply, every month there are errors to which support just replies "there are many reasons for errors", and i have to ask about 2-3 times before the charges are regenerated. I am not sure if they don't understand me but they always go a roundabout way before finally understanding my request. The number of things that cause errors is phenomenal. A customer can be subscribed and charged fine for 2 months, NO changes made on their part or mine, and suddenly the next month there's an error. A customer can purchase from me normally, but then under the subscription apparently there's no shipping zone set up? How is that possible when they purchase from me ALL the time or just was subscribed the month before? If you want a charge regenerated you can't even list the names of the customers. You have to provide them with the email address. Imagine if you have 100 errors, you have to click through the customer's page, copy and paste the email addressed INDIVIDUALLY to support to get it done? No to mention they take forever to reply you? The last straw was I had insufficient inventory listed, which is my fault, and so the charge had to be regenerated. I set it to charge the next day, it did not. I emailed support and they regenerated it for me, but suddenly the next month's charges were ALL errored. SO the problem just carried forward to the next month? and If i manually retry the charge, all the bills turn to $0? Why should one error just lead to another? To multiple others actually. And if you email them about the multiple errors they seem to only respond to one at a time. Example: Email problem A and B, answers A and then bot sends "how would you rate my support?" when i haven't even got B sorted out? Terrible app for 60USD, terrible support. App needs SOO much work. I don't even know why it is launched. It’s very suspicious that all the bad reviews were removed and only shows reviews from 6 Nov onwards. My review is truthful, please be warned.

booboo.life

Good app but when you face any problem their customer service is not existent. This is so frustrating. When you have to pay for shopify and their app. We have 5 shopify stores and we use a lot of apps. This one has simply the worst customer service you can imagine. They just don't care because when they lock you in it's hard to get out. Just go through their facebook and read the comments everyone has the same complain. You wait weeks for any relevant answer. YES WEEKS.

Myles Fitness

Horrible customer service, and horrible product. Crashed multiple times a week, and clients were then unable to check out. Multiple day wait times to hear from back from customer service. This has happened to my website now 6 times, and they have failed to provide any help or reasoning behind it. Would not recommend this product to anymore.

Te Gek Eten

Such a bad app, you can't add 2 types of discounts, you can't set dates and times, you can't see orders on colander. This app doesn't fit to any merchant with subscription model that in the end a delivery person comes with the delivery to the customer

Goldmine Adaptogens

I've had a pretty poor experience with Recharge. They charge you for all sorts of features including customer support. We've been using Recharge for our subscription offering for the last 2 years. They recently changed how the customer portal looks, you used to be able to customize how this page looked so it was on-brand and matched the rest of the site. Without any notification, they've changed it completely. It can't be customized with brand fonts or colors - so it looks really awful. They now require you to upgrade to customize this page, $300 a month. Pretty crazy. I'm actively looking to switch to another app for our subscription products.

Swolefoods

Probably the most UN - USER FRIENDLY app on Shopify. Customers find it hard to swap, pause, cancel, items. Admin backend is terrible and backward, need 100's of clicks to make changes and have to do everything ONE BY ONE. Support is slow unless you PAY FOR PREMIUM SUPPORT. You should know the value of recurring orders is HUGE for online stores and you need to improve your over all interface. I have lost customers as they get frustrated to use the customer account management system, its terrible

HotGhostWriter

Terrible experience and terrible customer service.
We just added Recharge and some of the products were set to be subscription forever, although we wanted to undo them.
Not only that, now our customers cannot add them to their cart, it is a massive bug. Currently is costing us some money. We asked for help, and they didn't get back to us. Every day we are losing money and still waiting for a response

Previous 1 3 4 5