Theme Updater

Theme Updater

by Out of the Sandbox

Keep your premium theme up to date

mythaicurry

This app can't help what is already broken, and their themes are exactly that; broken. Their "support" is laughable, we have a big problem with their theme, they can't work out what's going on so take the easy way out...."must be down to a third party app" when every single bit of evidence points the other way. Out of the sandbox? We will, asap.

Big Fruit Studios

This is as much about the themes - we use FLEX and TURBO - as it is about the updater (which is only for the Out Of the Sandbox themes - saw some earlier reviews - shame on them). This is paying for itself with just the new FAQ module. Helps to keep our Shopify site not looking like a typical Shopify site and now we also don't worry too much when it is time to upgrade.

milkCases

Still 9 templates need to be customized... it just helped with the banner images, so not recommended.

October 2, 2020

Hello milkCases team!

Thanks for the feedback!

Our Theme Updater app provides the time-saving convenience of updating your theme while preserving the settings and content you've configured with the default theme features.

The message you are seeing means that the app has identified some third-party modifications in the theme files that couldn't be automatically included in the update.

The app will try to bring over custom modifications onto the updated version but if those changes conflict with the updated version of the file they will be left out of the update. The app then flags those files so that you can reapply the custom/third-party code manually.

Our support team has reached out to your store directly regarding the update. Please follow up with us if you have any questions!

We look forward to hearing from you!

All the best,

Pinayapple

I installed the app based on shopify's recommendations but I was not informed that it was not compatible with my theme!! (debut) Now I have been charged for an app that wont work with my store

September 24, 2020

Hello Pinayapple team!

We're sorry about the misunderstanding here.

The app does not support Shopify's Debut theme as it was developed to work with Out of the Sandbox and Pixel Union themes exclusively.

Our Theme Updater app provides a free year trial for newly purchased themes. The year extends from the date the theme was purchased. It doesn't appear that you were charged from our end but we are happy to work with you to sort this out!

Our support team has reached out to your store directly and we're looking forward to hearing back from you! If for some reason you are unable to locate our email you can reach out to our Help Centre directly here: https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

All the best,

Rockabilia

This app is Useful for untouched customization theme.
Not that much useful for custom changes made with existing theme.

Canine Spirit

Unfortunately I was keen to use this app as it said it preserved theme settings but it doesn't completely. All my fonts, footer settings, apps, uploaded swatches, etc are lost each time.

Disappointed.

Intuitive Code

We have been paying for two years for what is a lousy support which does not even respond to customer queries. Shopify should investigate this company

August 14, 2020

Hello there Intuitive Code team,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and sorry to hear you were having issues getting in touch with us.

We are dealing with a fairly high volume of support queries so our response time is currently longer than we’d like, so your feedback is certainly understandable.

It does look as though you’re using the Pro plan version of our app, so you do have access to priority support. It appears your emails weren’t sent in via the Updater App which is likely why they weren’t received as ‘high priority’. I realize this current method for accessing priority support isn’t ideal, but I’m happy to say we’re working on updating it so that any correspondence you send will be sorted based on your email address. If your email is linked to the Pro plan, it would then automatically come into our high priority queue which would allow us to reply much quicker to any questions you have.

I’ve gone ahead and sent along a separate email as well to address any concerns and issues you were having, so please feel free to reply there with any other questions or concerns you may have.

Thanks again for your feedback.

All the best.

NORRDS

Excellent updater, yes it costs $9 a month but you also get customer support and regular updates. Thankyou so much to the whole OOTS team for your product, service and support.

August 7, 2020

Hello NORRDS Team!

Thanks for the feedback! We're glad to hear that the app has made updating a little bit easier for you.

Thanks again for taking some time to leave us a review!

We wish you the best of luck with your store!

Cheers,

Concetto è

The app has a bug. I asked for a refund. They are not very open to this type of requests. Basically I bought a thing. This thing is not as it's supposed to be. So I asked for a refund (also because I never got the ads about the app until a month after the "12 months of free available theme updates").
Basically I bought their theme 13 months ago. I discover that it needed some updates. I bought their app (14$ perr month) a month ago to have my first theme update. The app has a bug, they told me: "we are sorry ad we are working on it". Perfect, with my money. Anyway keep the 14$ and enjoy them!

August 7, 2020

Hello Concetto è Team!

Thank you for your feedback, we had an issue impacting a small number of merchants when using the diff checker feature. We have now corrected it.

We appreciate you choosing the Theme Updater app as the easiest and fastest way to update your Out of the Sandbox theme.

We do provide free updates for the lifetime of your shop when you purchase one of our themes; the app (not required to update your theme) is only free for the first 12 months from the date of purchase.

Thank you again for your feedback and support of Out of the Sandbox themes.

Nikki Darling

Making the theme updater a paid product is very frustrating, given how much the theme costs in the first place, and will be the reason I no longer recommend Out of the Sandbox to other retailers.

July 24, 2020

Hello Nikki Darling Team,

Thank you for your feedback. I wanted to share some details regarding the app to provide some clarification on the paid and free features.

The app offers a free trial period with a theme purchase. The Basic Plan features for the app are available for free for one year from the date the theme was purchased.

This free year is provided as a window for a new theme user to determine how much value the app provides to their store.

After the free year expires, a subscription is required to update the theme while preserving the content and settings configured with the default theme features.

The app is a tool that will speed up the process of updating but it is possible to obtain the latest theme files without paying for the app. Our Theme Updater app offers new updated files for free so that you can update in the standard Shopify process by rebuilding the theme with the latest version.

The paid subscriptions (Basic and Pro plans) offer a shortcut to the standard Shopify updating process. Rather than rebuilding the theme in a new file, the app is able to preserve the content and settings that have been configured with the default theme features.

I hope this clears up some of the details around the subscription plans and the free features that are offered. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any other questions about the app!

Wishing you all the best!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16