Theme Updater Plus

Free plan available
Rating (2.8)
2.8
February 3, 2023

Superstore theme - awful - full of bugs! The filters and the menu stop working when I select the infinite scroll pagination. Support has been unresponsive and does not seem to care. Avoid out of the sandbox. Worst company I have ever come across

BOUTIQUETOYOU
Time spent using app: Over 5 years
February 3, 2023

Absolutely awful - the superstore theme is full of bugs - once you switch to infinite scroll pagination, the filters, mega menu and more or less everything else stops working and becomes unclickable. The worst support I have ever seen - nobody seemed to care to even look at the issue. The theme was not tested prior to being released. Absolutely awful and would highly recommend that you avoid Out of the Sandbox.

Hi WIldflower
Time spent using app: Over 6 years
January 21, 2023

Of course, elaborate codes may experience problems when migrating to a new version. Especially if custom code was used. If this should be the case, the support helps out promptly and competently. Usually the update works without problems and with only a few clicks. Basically, a great service that other themes do not offer.

The Philosopher's Shirt
Germany
Time spent using app: 11 months
Out of the Sandbox replied January 23, 2023

Hi The Philosopher's Shirt team!

We are happy to hear that you have had such a great experience with updating your theme!

The Theme Updater is a great way to streamline the updating process of any Pixel Union, Out of the Sandbox, or Archetype theme, and we appreciate you taking the time to leave this review for us.

January 19, 2023

A must have to keep your theme updated with the most functionality. Euwi and the customer service team have been outstanding throughout my entire website upgrade.

Seductive Stature
Time spent using app: 9 months
Out of the Sandbox replied January 23, 2023

Hi Seductive Stature team!

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback! We are glad to hear that you had such a great experience with the Theme Updater app and our Support Team.

January 3, 2023

OOTS/Pixel Union has been great!! This app is helpful for updating your theme without needing to know all the ins and outs of theme management. I am not code-savvy so this was my go to and very helpful to catch my store up to speed. Customer service by Myles was phenomenal as well, providing clear and easy solutions to all my little edits and questions. Thank you SO much!

Bow Button Fabrics
Time spent using app: Almost 2 years
Out of the Sandbox replied January 6, 2023

Hi Bow Button Fabrics team!

We really appreciate your feedback! The Theme Updater is a great solution to speed up and simplify theme updates, and we are glad to hear that we were able to help out with this process!

December 26, 2022

I used this app to update my Expanse theme by Archetype and it worked perfectly without any issues. A HUGE time saver.

I was updating from an older 2.0 theme version to the latest 2.0 theme version. If you are not already using a 2.0 version of your theme, this app will not work. Simple.

Texas Rescue Coffee Co.
Time spent using app: 2 months
Out of the Sandbox replied January 6, 2023

Hi Texas Rescue Coffee Co. team!

Thank you for your feedback - we are glad to hear that you were able to use the Theme Updater to save time updating your Expanse team to the most recent theme version!

December 12, 2022

I have really liked my OOSB theme but this app and the support have been so bad that it has, unfortunately, really changed my view of Out of the Sandbox.

Also, typically apps are priced based on their usefulness to the customer. How do justify charging $89 for an app that has low review ratings, poor functionality, and requires a significant amount of manual work on the customer's end?

Ally Safety
Time spent using app: 7 days
Out of the Sandbox replied December 14, 2022

Hi Ally Safety team!

When updating your vintage Turbo v4.1.1 theme to OS 2.0, all content will need to be rebuilt. This is a one-time process required by Shopify to align with new templating standards. You will still be able to use the Theme Updater to help streamline your updates with future releases!

With all of our Out of the Sandbox themes, you only need to pay once, and the theme license is yours - there is no additional cost to retrieve an updated theme version!

The Theme Updater does have monthly and yearly subscription options.

With the Free plan, you are always able to download the most recent theme version at no additional cost, and update manually. For this update to OS 2.0, because of Shopify's new templating standards, this is advised.

December 8, 2022

I spent a lot of money on a theme by Pixel Union A YEAR AGO to be told that now Out of the Sandbox is going to handle it. Which takes them forever to give support. The theme updater never suggested updates, I have issues, and support emails still come from pixel union, even though pixel union actually had useful information and articles on the theme, and now OOTSB only has links to articles? They tell me I need to update. Which means I now have to manually do it because god forbid something actually happens they way they say it will? I feel like I spent so much money to fall through the cracks. I don't know what game they are playing, but I swear I am going to find a new theme builder. It's such a mess. $320 down the drain.

Ardent Market
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
Out of the Sandbox replied December 9, 2022

Hi Ardent Market team!

When updating your vintage Superstore v3.2.1 theme to OS 2.0, all content will need to be rebuilt. This is a one-time process required by Shopify to align with new templating standards. You will still be able to use the Theme Updater to help streamline your updates with future releases!

The Theme Updater does have monthly and yearly subscription options.

December 8, 2022

The theme and service will not be fulfilled this year, I bought it two years ago. Now, upgrades cost extra money. Support tickets take longer to process. I quit. Bravo!

uni
Hong Kong SAR
Time spent using app: 5 months
Out of the Sandbox replied December 9, 2022

Hi uni team!

The Theme Updater does have monthly and yearly subscription options, but it does not look like you currently have a subscription to the Pro Plan of the Theme Updater.

December 6, 2022

This is an amazing Theme Updater which works perfectly with my Turbo Theme (I purchased from Out of the Sandbox). It is awesome that it can even update most of the CUSTOM CHANGES. It is perfectly good that it can also provide a list of details of anything which cannot be updated automatically, so I still can easily update it manually.

It is always a great challenge to update any shopify theme. This Auto Theme Updater makes me only trust and install theme developed by this company.

iDe-sign Feather Flags