Theme Updater

Theme Updater

by Out of the Sandbox

Keep your premium theme up to date

milkCases

Still 9 templates need to be customized... it just helped with the banner images, so not recommended.

October 2, 2020

Hello milkCases team!

Thanks for the feedback!

Our Theme Updater app provides the time-saving convenience of updating your theme while preserving the settings and content you've configured with the default theme features.

The message you are seeing means that the app has identified some third-party modifications in the theme files that couldn't be automatically included in the update.

The app will try to bring over custom modifications onto the updated version but if those changes conflict with the updated version of the file they will be left out of the update. The app then flags those files so that you can reapply the custom/third-party code manually.

Our support team has reached out to your store directly regarding the update. Please follow up with us if you have any questions!

We look forward to hearing from you!

All the best,

Pinayapple

I installed the app based on shopify's recommendations but I was not informed that it was not compatible with my theme!! (debut) Now I have been charged for an app that wont work with my store

September 24, 2020

Hello Pinayapple team!

We're sorry about the misunderstanding here.

The app does not support Shopify's Debut theme as it was developed to work with Out of the Sandbox and Pixel Union themes exclusively.

Our Theme Updater app provides a free year trial for newly purchased themes. The year extends from the date the theme was purchased. It doesn't appear that you were charged from our end but we are happy to work with you to sort this out!

Our support team has reached out to your store directly and we're looking forward to hearing back from you! If for some reason you are unable to locate our email you can reach out to our Help Centre directly here: https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

All the best,

Rockabilia

This app is Useful for untouched customization theme.
Not that much useful for custom changes made with existing theme.

Canine Spirit

Unfortunately I was keen to use this app as it said it preserved theme settings but it doesn't completely. All my fonts, footer settings, apps, uploaded swatches, etc are lost each time.

Disappointed.

Intuitive Code

We have been paying for two years for what is a lousy support which does not even respond to customer queries. Shopify should investigate this company

August 14, 2020

Hello there Intuitive Code team,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and sorry to hear you were having issues getting in touch with us.

We are dealing with a fairly high volume of support queries so our response time is currently longer than we’d like, so your feedback is certainly understandable.

It does look as though you’re using the Pro plan version of our app, so you do have access to priority support. It appears your emails weren’t sent in via the Updater App which is likely why they weren’t received as ‘high priority’. I realize this current method for accessing priority support isn’t ideal, but I’m happy to say we’re working on updating it so that any correspondence you send will be sorted based on your email address. If your email is linked to the Pro plan, it would then automatically come into our high priority queue which would allow us to reply much quicker to any questions you have.

I’ve gone ahead and sent along a separate email as well to address any concerns and issues you were having, so please feel free to reply there with any other questions or concerns you may have.

Thanks again for your feedback.

All the best.

NORRDS

Excellent updater, yes it costs $9 a month but you also get customer support and regular updates. Thankyou so much to the whole OOTS team for your product, service and support.

August 7, 2020

Hello NORRDS Team!

Thanks for the feedback! We're glad to hear that the app has made updating a little bit easier for you.

Thanks again for taking some time to leave us a review!

We wish you the best of luck with your store!

Cheers,

Concetto è

The app has a bug. I asked for a refund. They are not very open to this type of requests. Basically I bought a thing. This thing is not as it's supposed to be. So I asked for a refund (also because I never got the ads about the app until a month after the "12 months of free available theme updates").
Basically I bought their theme 13 months ago. I discover that it needed some updates. I bought their app (14$ perr month) a month ago to have my first theme update. The app has a bug, they told me: "we are sorry ad we are working on it". Perfect, with my money. Anyway keep the 14$ and enjoy them!

August 7, 2020

Hello Concetto è Team!

Thank you for your feedback, we had an issue impacting a small number of merchants when using the diff checker feature. We have now corrected it.

We appreciate you choosing the Theme Updater app as the easiest and fastest way to update your Out of the Sandbox theme.

We do provide free updates for the lifetime of your shop when you purchase one of our themes; the app (not required to update your theme) is only free for the first 12 months from the date of purchase.

Thank you again for your feedback and support of Out of the Sandbox themes.

Nikki Darling

Making the theme updater a paid product is very frustrating, given how much the theme costs in the first place, and will be the reason I no longer recommend Out of the Sandbox to other retailers.

July 24, 2020

Hello Nikki Darling Team,

Thank you for your feedback. I wanted to share some details regarding the app to provide some clarification on the paid and free features.

The app offers a free trial period with a theme purchase. The Basic Plan features for the app are available for free for one year from the date the theme was purchased.

This free year is provided as a window for a new theme user to determine how much value the app provides to their store.

After the free year expires, a subscription is required to update the theme while preserving the content and settings configured with the default theme features.

The app is a tool that will speed up the process of updating but it is possible to obtain the latest theme files without paying for the app. Our Theme Updater app offers new updated files for free so that you can update in the standard Shopify process by rebuilding the theme with the latest version.

The paid subscriptions (Basic and Pro plans) offer a shortcut to the standard Shopify updating process. Rather than rebuilding the theme in a new file, the app is able to preserve the content and settings that have been configured with the default theme features.

I hope this clears up some of the details around the subscription plans and the free features that are offered. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any other questions about the app!

Wishing you all the best!

omigo

We write very rarely reviews but in this case this app has been bothering us a lot. We have bought the first team from Out of the Sandbox many years ago. At that time we didn't need to pay for the theme updater app at all and it was a free of charge which I think is the minimum as themes from Out of the Sandbox are not cheap. But since last year they figured out they want to make more money by charging for this app but in the same time reducing the quality of service. In the past we always got feedback within 24 hours when there was an issue or they needed to resolve something. Now we need to be lucky to get feedback in 3 days and this is called priority service.

So for us conclusion is that if we want to buy more themes it will definetley not be an Out of the Sandbox theme.

We would even not mind to pay for the theme updater app as it is useful but what they charge is too much 14USD per month for priority support taking too long. And yes we do request it through the theme updater with the priority support and a general email. If you go outside of the priority support you should be happy to hear something in 1 week and sometimes even 2 weeks which is completely ridiculous

Update 14-07-2020 According to feedback of out of the sandbox the question has been answered. But this is not the case still waiting for an answer on some changes of the theme they made which changes the design of the header

July 13, 2020

Hello Omigo!
Thank you for sharing these details; we take your input seriously and we’re always looking to improve the updating & support experience. We apologize that we’ve left you with the negative experience that you describe here! It’s great to see that the support requests submitted last week through the Priority Support form within the app were replied to on the same day (on the next business day for weekend submissions), and we apologize for the wait time for the normal support requests; we have been experiencing very high volume. We look forward to offering the Priority Support experience to all incoming support requests from Pro Plan users like yourself, regardless of how you get in touch - we’re working on launching that feature shortly; until then, feel free to submit any new questions through the Priority Support form within the app to have your request jump to the front of the line.
Thanks again for your review; always looking to improve!
-The Out of the Sandbox Team

مكتبة بنيان

I used one of thier themes and had one problem, contacted the support and found it helpful. one of the best advantages of thier theme is that is get updated regulary through the theme updater app and found it great! I think a lot of people here don't appreciate this app and think buying a theme for 180 dollars give theme the right to get free updates for life! of course they will charge for the updates and that how the will try to provide a better service.

July 7, 2020

Hey there!
Thanks so much for sharing this - we're pleased to hear the app and our themes are making life easier! Our themes are updated constantly, either with our own improvements or through adding support for new features of the Shopify platform itself (like the recent Product Media enhancements and Cross-Border improvements) - so, having a tool that makes getting the-latest-and-greatest as easy and quick as possible is crucial; we're glad the Theme Updater can help.
Thanks again for sharing these remarks, all the best, and good luck with your online store!
-The Out of the Sandbox Team