Theme Updater

Theme Updater

by Out of the Sandbox

Keep your premium theme up to date

Cocofina - The Coconut Experts

Out of the sand box started with good intentions and it used to offer sterling customer service but all they are now too big for their boots, its very sad since we have used the theme for a while now, I would not buy anything from them again and would not recommend them either!

March 19, 2019

Hi Cocofina!

We’re now able to respond to App reviews so we wanted to take this chance you reach out to you! So sorry to hear that you’ve become unhappy with our customer service. Our Project Manager had reached out to you in December to help clear up the previous support interaction - hopefully, this helped clarify the outstanding issue.

If there are any other questions we can help out with, feel free to get in touch with us here: https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We’d love to help out and do what we can to turn this experience around!

RPM MOTORSPORT LTD.

Update - We have been using the app for quite sometime now. had some issues but so what? every app on shopify has bugs, but the most important thing is Customer service!

They have great customer service and that's all that i care about.

They also have a great app!

SeboArt.com

UPDATED
I received an email that i need to register my store theme i bought directly from Shopify or threatened my store could be shut down. So i downloaded this app and its a mess! This app has just confused me as to what is going on now with my site. Its was suppose to register my theme and update my theme but of course there was a problem and error and Shopify customer service said they cannot help me to call Out of Sandbox and then i find theirs no phone number. So i was disappointed at first but I had a member of their team contact me and work on it and Iam happy to say as for now it looks like it is going to be ok! Even thought they had no phone number the service thought the email was to my surprise very speedy and helpful and got the job done! Thank you Sean for your help Sir!

Vitality and Wellness

This app works really well, if you have any customised code on your site the paid-for version of this is a must. Beware though that you will need to update every line of custom code from your old version to the new version by hand. The app doesn't carry across custom code. If you don't have any custom code then it works perfectly without having to edit any stuff in the backend.

Lalabella

Been using this theme updater for a while now. Had no issues with this very simple to use, an excellent time saver. Love it.

lalabella.uk

Katys Boutique

A good app but could be a lot better at handling even the smallest of modified themes. https://www.katysboutique.co.uk

Nutracelle

I had previously left a different review, but they reached out and helped right away. Great customer service & I'm pleased with the app.

Popstrukt Furniture

I love this App it makes updating our theme so simple and easy. Even with some theme customisation updates are applied without any problems.

Elvis & Kresse

This app is a poison chalice... use it at your peril. In theory it is a great idea but it is poorly executed. When you update the theme you will also have to update your templates if you have made any customizations at all, quite a timely and complicated process so you will probably have to pay an expert to do it for you. However, you will not see if the update is any good until after you have paid the expert. We updated and were not able to use the update because of the number of bugs making our site look poor and unprofessional. You then have to wait for the next theme update to be released and then go through the same process of updating your templates and paying an expert all over again. The chances of there being any more bugs are high, if you look at the Out-of-the-Sandbox change logs they are littered with "bug fixes" for previous updates. It would appear that they are releasing the updates without doing the appropriate checks to make sure that they are robust.

Fosterschlienzphotography

works great every time, i would recommend this app to anyone who used their themes!