Theme Updater

Theme Updater

by Out of the Sandbox

Keep your premium theme up to date

Famme

Registering: Easy
Updating: Easy
Result: Better UI and better performance when doing auditing of page speed etc.

Page speed was up 5 points from 53 to 58 on "audit" in Chrome devtools. Moving from 3.0.1 to Latest.

It also does not publish the updated theme automatically and there are no surprises.

April 2, 2019

Hi Famme!

Thanks for posting a review and sharing your results. That's great to hear!

Pocket Vape

Love the app. The app helped a lot when doing modification and customizations to a theme. Cuts a lot of manual work after each up update of a theme. But do recommend to check if your theme is supported by the app out of the box.

www.pocketvape.com

March 20, 2019

Hi Pocket Vape!

Thanks for leaving a review - that's awesome to hear. We're so glad that the Theme Updater App helped!

Welcome Organics

Very easy to use with clear instructions. Thanks for making my life easier with managing my store. Great!

Hi Welcome Organics!

Thanks for leaving a review - we're so happy to hear that the Theme Updater App was helpful!

Chillatto

difficult to work with. Resistance to helping their client. Days to get help but it is false help!

March 5, 2019

Hello Chillatto,

Thanks for the note, and I'm glad we could work with you back in January to resolve the issue! We're now able to reply to reviews, and I'm just following up to see if you have any outstanding questions that we didn't address from our Support correspondence. If so, feel free to send in a reply on our previous note, or submit a new one here: https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

All the best!

Hollyworks

Tried the pro version of Theme Updater to bring Atlantic theme 11.6 tot 13.4.5. The result was horrifying: a mix of badly placed page elements and duplicate items in the customize section. There is no solution for painless updating: I had to do everything manually. I think this tool only works for minor updated themes.

Hi Hollyworks!

Sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience with the Theme Updater App. We’re now able to respond to App reviews so we wanted to take this chance to reach out!

The Theme Updater App is able to carry over simpler code customizations in most cases. If you or your developer have made extensive or complex customizations directly to the theme files, then these customizations will need to be manually transferred to the updated theme.

The ‘Pro Plan’ comes with the option to view a line-by-line breakdown of the code changes for customized files under the ‘View template customizations’ option when updating that we’ve added in to help merchants who have those advanced customizations! Were you able to take a look at this option when updating?

Please feel free to get in touch with us directly here: https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/requests/new - perhaps we can clear up any questions you may have about how the Updater App handles customizations!

We appreciate your feedback and would love to see if we can help out with the issues you experienced!

DopeBoo

I'm super impressed with this app - surprising visibility into theme customizations and ability to carry those through release updates. Thanks folks.

Hi DopeBoo!

Thanks for leaving a review and for your feedback! Glad to hear that the Theme Updater App was helpful.

Cocofina - The Coconut Experts

Out of the sand box started with good intentions and it used to offer sterling customer service but all they are now too big for their boots, its very sad since we have used the theme for a while now, I would not buy anything from them again and would not recommend them either!

Hi Cocofina!

We’re now able to respond to App reviews so we wanted to take this chance you reach out to you! So sorry to hear that you’ve become unhappy with our customer service. Our Project Manager had reached out to you in December to help clear up the previous support interaction - hopefully, this helped clarify the outstanding issue.

If there are any other questions we can help out with, feel free to get in touch with us here: https://help.outofthesandbox.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. We’d love to help out and do what we can to turn this experience around!

RPM MOTORSPORT LTD.

Update - We have been using the app for quite sometime now. had some issues but so what? every app on shopify has bugs, but the most important thing is Customer service!

They have great customer service and that's all that i care about.

They also have a great app!

SeboArt.com

UPDATED
I received an email that i need to register my store theme i bought directly from Shopify or threatened my store could be shut down. So i downloaded this app and its a mess! This app has just confused me as to what is going on now with my site. Its was suppose to register my theme and update my theme but of course there was a problem and error and Shopify customer service said they cannot help me to call Out of Sandbox and then i find theirs no phone number. So i was disappointed at first but I had a member of their team contact me and work on it and Iam happy to say as for now it looks like it is going to be ok! Even thought they had no phone number the service thought the email was to my surprise very speedy and helpful and got the job done! Thank you Sean for your help Sir!

Vitality and Wellness

This app works really well, if you have any customised code on your site the paid-for version of this is a must. Beware though that you will need to update every line of custom code from your old version to the new version by hand. The app doesn't carry across custom code. If you don't have any custom code then it works perfectly without having to edit any stuff in the backend.