Theme Updater

Theme Updater

by Out of the Sandbox

Keep your premium theme up to date

The Boutique Rack

Brilliant app, saved me MONEY - I had some custom functionality which I needed on my update, last time I paid $1k to get this done, this time it was FREE

Cavemanevolution2

I'm a big fan of the out of the sandbox themes. Great looking and the Turbo theme is great.

If you're thinking about getting the theme updater app here's a very important note. The theme updater will NOT carry over the code from installed apps. If you have a handful of apps on your site that are integrated with the theme each app will have to be reinstalled.

We would love to update our theme but we have a handful of apps that would have to be reinstalled and coded again by our app partners. This could cause some issues.

Embroidelan

NIGHTMARE!!!

I installed the Updater App for two reasons; to ensure my theme (Responsive) was up-to-date and to try and fix a bug with my e-commerce site that developed overnight - because despite submitting a ticket for support no-one has got back to me from Out of the Sandbox Support Team! This came at a very bad time as I was running a special offer weekend and currently, visitors cannot checkout because the checkout button has magically disappeared!
So, I installed the app in the hope that I could try and fix the problem myself.
First, some customisation IS copied over when you update the theme. However, for all those considering whether to use this app, here is a list of what has not been copied over to the updated theme and I will have to do manually (not a quick fix then...and more hours required to invest in making the necessary changes);
1. Company logo and Favicon are not copied over
2. I installed the Multilingualizer translation tool to allow my website to be displayed in any language - the installation has not been copied over and my website is covered in text that looks like this "....EVERYDAY WEAR..ESSENTIELS DU QUOTIDIEN...."
3. Customise coding for the padding in the Header has not been copied across
4.The changes and translations made in 'Edit Language' have not been copied across - that is 13 tabs, pages long that I have to redo!!!!
5.Footer - Privacy Policy and Terms and Condition links have gone!
6. The formatting on Product Pages and Collections have not been copied across.
7. at this point I stopped looking for anything else...too depressing!

For me, this update will cost me days or even weeks to manually make all the changes. When do I have time to do that??! I'm trying to run a business not repeat hours that I've already spent setting up my website. This is going to be a very gradual process!

The only thing I am thankful for is that you old them version remains intact until you make the change to the updated version - and YOU can decide that.

If you can avoid it, I would strongly suggest that you don't!!

Bluehaveli Com Au

EDIT:
Well what you know,
After posting the review below with a 1 star, I was contacted by support staff with suggestions to fix some of the issues.

And while it is still labor intensive and requiring a full rebuild of home page to upgrade from V1.x to V2, which I just completed in 1 day, I have to acknowledge that the developers are monitoring feedback, actioning issues quite quickly, and I do owe them a Thank You and a 5 stars rating.

----------------------

Disappointing to say the least.
New theme and its updater should have picked our basic front page layout, rather it produced a fully empty frontage that requires full population, and we can not populate to a decent shape.
Banner image overtaking the top bar and the logo, we can not put logo/bar in a clean space over the bar photo, even after hours of trying.
We had nothing special, and your updater should have replicated our front page but it did not.
Why bother?
Sorry if this is hard worded, but we have no time to re-build site with an update that we do not know what more it gives us.

Gripson E Commerce

Theme updates are one of the largest development task requests we receive, not only is it a large costly task it is meticulous and requires thorough checking and testing to ensure the updates are done correctly and without issues.

To be honest, our theme update service is not a job we enjoy doing but realise the value and importance of updates to store owners, we offer this service as we are OOTS partners and also realise the importance to help them.

The ground-breaking new functionality of this app which allows you to bring over customizations to your up to date theme is incredible, to say the least, and is something that now further widens the gap between OOTS and other theme providers.

In order to take advantage of the new functionality you will need to be on Turbo 2.0+, Parallax 3.0+, Retina 4.0+, Mobilia 5.0+ or Responsive 6.0+

Congratulations OOTS, we are actually happy that our theme update service will become obsolete.

You guys rock!!!

Geometrico

This worked really well - a few errors copying over my banner subheadings (which I luckily noticed) and one of my assets file (which it told me it hadn't done).

With every update I'm praying for the function to edit the typography on mobile devices... still waiting.

I really recommend Out of the Sandbox, their customer support is brilliant! I use the retina theme and it works really well for me. Check it out: www.geometrico.co.uk

Trial Store2

I'm marching around my office beating on an oatmeal cannister like a drum chanting, "THIS IS SO GREAT! THIS IS SO GREAT!"

1like

Very good app! Makes the life easier. Recommend highly Turbo themes too!

Baby Bootique 2

Such a great app. Checking for updates is something I forget to do. Now in the last two months, I have easily updated Baby Bootique's theme twice via this app. I still have a bit of merging work to do because of customizations but if you don't have any custom code in your theme, it's a one click update!

Sin Chew Optics

Makes life easier with this app. Definitely recommended if you use Out of the Sandbox themes.

Although you need to be aware that any custom installations/modifications of the html code will be removed if you update.

So make sure to save and compare.