Theme Updater

Theme Updater

by Out of the Sandbox

Keep your premium theme up to date

Square Boy Clothing

Great update so we don't have to re-do the whole site each time. If you have a Out of the Sandbox theme this is a must have.

Purrfect Cat Gifts

Does exactly what is says it does on the tin - great customer support also.

Darksensual

Very handy! But a bit unclear which customizations are taken care of..

Dropshippingone

Great app! I recommend themes from Out of the sandbox

Burnish

Worked perfectly for me on my Turbo theme update. Great app. What a time saver! This app is one of the reasons I went with Out of the Sandbox for my theme.

Vintageleatherbagco

Great app, very useful when using any of the Out of the Sandbox themes.

Happy Dog Food 2

I have used the updater app only twice, and twice was just too much, I even got the pro version, which by the way doesn't give you anything more other than an email saying there is an update. I am sure many others who use shopify also use other apps and if you do you will find that the theme updater does not bring the custom code from those other apps over!!!

I have spent two weeks working with the other apps support just to get the theme to work as my live store.

I won't install an update again unless it is a critical update!

BTW, support is slow slow slow to respond, and much of the time it seems like an automated message with the same info, don't customize your theme if you want the theme updater to work!

Send A Toy

Since by default Shopify provide no automatic (or manual) way to run updates on your installed theme, this theme updater app by Out of the Sandbox is a godsend. We have used it 3 times to upgrade our Responsive theme and LOVE it. When you run the app, the update is installed as a new unpublished theme - so you have ample opportunity to ensure everything is A-OK before publishing. You will find that there are tweaks to be made after the update, you will not get a 100% match, however the alternative (without the app) is hours and hours of manual work to re-set your store settings. In our experience the app has undergone substantial improvements since we first used it. With our last run (26th October 2017, upgrading to Responsive 6.2.2), we had very little re-work to do. Languages changes did not come across, our footer and home page needed a few tweaks, that was about it, we were published within an hour!

Bluestreak Crystals

I used this app last week to upgrade the Turbo theme on my store. It worked, but it did not transfer much of the configuration or any of the tweaks to the original theme. I still had to spend a few hours re-configuring my stores homepage and collection and product configurations, so not sure if it actually helped or not.

Andreabonelli

Unfortunately they're not doing thorough enough testing on these "updates" which have broken features which will cause you more work to go through and fix. Shame really. I used it for my last cart update but a lot of updated features such as typography didn't match up like my previous theme causing me to have to go into CSS to fix where with the previous they were properly linked within the dashboard. Other images issues as well has caused me to abandon this app because you'll end up having to do more work to find the bugs that they've missed.