Theme Updater

Theme Updater

by Out of the Sandbox

Keep your premium theme up to date

DoorCorner.com

This app works well to make sure that our Out of the Sandbox themes remain up-to-date. Much more cost-effective than re-purchasing new themes. Developer was quick to respond to an issue that we ran into, and helped us resolve it very quickly so that our site was functioning properly.

Electricridesonly.com

Great app and customer support. Brent is very helpful and responsive as well as the the whole team. App makes it easy to update your theme, definitely recommend!

Soozal

I am pleased I didn't purchase a full year. There was a lot that didn't get converted into the new version starting with the hero background video on the homepage. There was a list of things I would need to manually update, which I don't know how to do and defeats the point in paying for this service.

February 3, 2021

Hi Soozal team,

Thank you for this feedback!

Our app is able to copy over the settings and content configured with the default theme features. It may not be able to include some of the custom modifications made to the theme files. These may be from third-party app installations or custom work added by another developer.

In these cases, the app will list the files that contain third-party work that wasn't able to be moved over to the updated theme so that you can reapply the third-party code manually.

If you are having trouble with some of the default features not transferring over in the update, this is something we can certainly have a look at with you.

Our support team has reached out directly, we look forward to hearing back from your team!

Sterling & Wilde

I've had really good support from these guys, and I have used the updater without any issues, so I am happy to leave them a positive review here. No comments on the pricing, currently I am using the free version. I kept a note of my customisations and applied them after the update, and will continue to do so. All good for me and the latest update is definitely a great improvement on mobile.

Bonny Fiber Supplements

I love this vendor's themes. If you are comfortable with custom CSS, this is the theme for you. Their themes allowed me to design the eCommerce site that I wanted, rather than being limited by which features were included in a given theme. Worth every penny to purchase the Flex theme with custom CSS fields in almost every section. If you care about design and are comfortable with coding this is the vendor for you. Their customer service team is very responsive to any bugs. Note: They are very clear that they provide the theme and maintenance for their themes. They are not developers.

Reversal Solutions, Inc

The App is helpful but the limitations are part of Shopify as well. We are using a 3rd party Shopify app to the build pages we need and in a way that makes sense for us. The Theme Builder is very limited. The updates get complicated because of customizations. I believe this is an overall Shopify limitation. Backup! and use a Shopify Expert to help you.

Naturally Boosted

The app is ok .. but Out Of the Sandbox have really taken their foot off the gas. There are almost no updates to FLEX to use this app. FLEX was a premium theme purchased from their own site. I was under the impression that they were a leading developer of themes but we are now having to consider moving to a different theme. If you are going to use this App. ALWAYS take a backup of the site first. It has not any major damage to our site but even the slightest of changes (adding apps, some CSS) can break the process.

January 5, 2021

Hello Naturally Boosted Team,

Thank you for the feedback.

The Theme Updater app will always apply the update to a copy of your theme, it will never directly affect the live theme. When you start the update process, a copy of your theme is created and then updated. This preserves the original, older version so that you can keep it published until you are ready to switch to the updated file.

Our last Flex update was released near the end of November. Our team is working on the next version right now with a focus on performance improvements. We are aiming to have it available within the next two weeks.

Our support team has reached out to your store directly, we're ready to answer any questions you might have!

MANUFAKTURWERK®

Destroyed our theme twice in a row. Furthermore it places the wrong items in the cart via mobil (happen also twice). No real support, "because of custom design". Well, the custom design is just basic CSS so no real adjustments. That should be able to handle the update but it doesn't. Support is very nice and friendly, but useless. They've created a storetasker ticket for us, but there was no reply by anyone. Great looking themes but be aware of adjusting anything - not even the font (like in our case). (PRO PLAN)

December 3, 2020

Hello MANUFAKTURWERK® Team,

Thank you for leaving this feedback.

Our support team has reached out to assist with the issues you've mentioned here. For the mobile cart, we have determined this is caused by some custom modifications. Our team has provided a temporary solution and we are here to help if you have any questions.

Rendez-vous Nature

This app is usefull because you can view template file customizations within a theme, but it doesn't import the customizations, you need to do that manually. We paid for "Contact Priority Theme Support". We were disappointed because the theme Parallax had important bugs, and the customer support wasn't ready to admit that and to fix them. After many emails (waste of time and stress), the support agreed the bug was linked to Parallax theme. They fixed the problem that I notified 7 days ago, so I change my review.

November 30, 2020

Hello Rendez-vous Nature team!

Thanks for leaving this feedback. We're glad our support team was able to resolve the bug you were seeing.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

Big Fruit Studios

This is as much about the themes - we use FLEX and TURBO - as it is about the updater (which is only for the Out Of the Sandbox themes - saw some earlier reviews - shame on them). This is paying for itself with just the new FAQ module. Helps to keep our Shopify site not looking like a typical Shopify site and now we also don't worry too much when it is time to upgrade.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17