Theme Updater

Theme Updater

by Out of the Sandbox

Keep your premium theme up to date

Find Unique Christmas Gifts

Wow works great. Was a little nervous about using this, but it updated all our design and Christmas Gift Products without loosing anything.

Southshore Adornments

I like out of the sandbox, I paid a 3 figure sum for one that almost instantly became outdated and could not be updated without building it from scratch (edits + custom code, over 10 hours work) and am now finding alot of customers are seeing products as out of stock when they are in fact still available, so is now costing me money and I am forced into choosing spending 10+ hours making what I already have or spend another 3 figure on a newer theme. So I emailed in. Their response "upgrade and spend 10 hours making what you have, or buy a shiny new theme" so zero offer of help or support.

Pacific Garland

Great app and we are really glad to have this available for our Parallax theme. Unfortunately, upgrades and how to get them installed were not on my roadmap when I was shopping for a theme. I cannot believe that we overlooked such an important feature. Out of the Sandbox themes are incredible for all the fine details they offer with so many large and small touches that other themes would require hiring a developer. With OOS they are standard with customer service second to none.

So we love our theme, but then realized we really needed to upgrade our Parallax 2.4 to the new 3+ versions with added features. Enter the Theme Updater...what a time saver and it worked incredibly well. We had just a couple custom items we needed to redo, but now that we are on 3+ this should not be an issue again. This truly is an invaluable product and it's free! Kudos to Out of the Sandbox for helping its customers.

Myfavoritequiltstore

So far this has worked pretty well with our heavily customized Turbo 2.1 Update. We had extensive customization in a few files but they were easily fixed by hand. Will definitely continue using.

The Shark Watch Co

Great team support from these guys!!

Science Shepherd

This app works perfectly! Carries over customizations perfectly. We have updated twice since installing and have had no problems at all.

Shoreline 2

This app is the next step in the world domination by Out of the Sandbox. Why do I say this? Well, to start, they have the very best themes. I've owned two. Second, they have the very best support. Patient, informative, and helpful.

Now, the Theme Updater app solves the single biggest problem for those of us who dig into the CSS and Liquid to modify our themes: It automatically preseves your code changes. The fact that there's a theme updater app in the first place is pretty darned amazing. But I've tried it, and it really works. This app preserves your code changes when updating. (when "updating", it really just downloads an updated copy to your dashboard, so you can double check that all is OK before publishing)

Knowing all this, there's really no reason not to get an OOTSB theme. Great work!

Zendencandles

We purchased the Retina Theme (4.1.5) in April. There have been 2 minor updates since then (to 4.1.7) with a few fixes and features that I wanted to get.

Our storefront (with 4.1.5) was highly customized with special CSS, additional snippets and lots of modified code / liquid changes.

Ran the Theme Updater and was REALLY IMPRESSED - IT WORKED! All (or almost all) of our changes stuck. Now running 4.1.7 with no complications.

Interesting - the only thing that did not get carried forward / updated - were the text and messages in the language file - en.default.json - which was set back to theme defaults - but was easy enough to restore.

The Boutique Rack

Brilliant app, saved me MONEY - I had some custom functionality which I needed on my update, last time I paid $1k to get this done, this time it was FREE

Cavemanevolution2

I'm a big fan of the out of the sandbox themes. Great looking and the Turbo theme is great.

If you're thinking about getting the theme updater app here's a very important note. The theme updater will NOT carry over the code from installed apps. If you have a handful of apps on your site that are integrated with the theme each app will have to be reinstalled.

We would love to update our theme but we have a handful of apps that would have to be reinstalled and coded again by our app partners. This could cause some issues.