Video Background

Video Background

by Code Black Belt

YouTube video backgrounds, full page and responsive videos

Hustle Drops

"SO BUGGY. I cannot replace an element or edit the preferences for my video. I cannot even chose the video I want as the background. Really brutal."

Above is my original review. I am changing my review to 3 stars thanks to the great customer service and attempts to solve my problem. I am only rating 3 starts because I was still running into issues with loading other youtube videos on my site while using video backgrounds, the app seemed to cancel out my other videos so I could not use it.

February 23, 2020

Hello Josh,

Thanks for trying our app.

I can see that you contacted our support team and they configured the app for you and you were satisfied with the result, so we consider this request as solved now.

Anyway, if you need any further assistance, just drop us an email at any time and we will quickly help you with the app configuration.

"Accountable Clothing"

forced to use youtube as only option for playing a video. why can't we upload a video from our computer?

April 25, 2019

Thank you for your review. We previously wrote to you via email.

Unfortunately, videos cannot be uploaded from a computer because the Shopify platform does not have streaming capabilities. Streaming videos directly from the Shopify servers would cause performance issues.

We chose YouTube as the app's steaming video service because it is the most popular and most stable video platform in the world. Uploading a video to YouTube is also free, quick and easy.

Streaming of YouTube videos is outlined in our app description and our documentation http://docs.codeblackbelt.com/article/882-can-i-upload-my-own-videos