Back in Stock: Restock Alerts

Back in Stock: Restock Alerts

Free plan available. 14-day free trial. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (4.8)
Developer
SureSwift Capital
4.8
October 31, 2022

I have sent two emails regarding an issue with the app and never got a response back from them. Thus far, this has been the only app we use which has provided subpar customer service. Luckily, there are better alternatives anyway (and cheaper).

NoticeMe
Netherlands
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
SureSwift Capital replied November 2, 2022

Hi there 👋🏽 I'm sorry for your experience 😔. I've checked, and I'm seeing where you were responded to each time you wrote in. For some reason, it seems you're not getting our mails.

Did you by any chance happen to check your spam/junk mail folder? Please email us support@backinstock.org so that we can assist you with your issue.

We would never shy away from assisting you! Please reach out so we can give you our speedy and efficient support!

August 1, 2022

Been using this app for 2 years, in theory it's great. I love the UI on the website, it has a great set of features with email+SMS. Lots of custom options to make it a great fit for our business. However it fails at one thing, one major thing.. you'll do a restock, have dozens of customers waiting for a notification... and... nothing. The app doesn't send the notifications. You write to support, sometimes they help you and manually send your notifications, sometimes they make you talk and talk and talk without actually fixing the problem. Emails are not being sent, which is the most basic thing this app should do. It's unfortunate, I even signed up a second store, but at this point I can't recommend this app anymore, those bugs are not getting fixed and support isn't able to fix it it either, and we are left with customers not getting their notifications.

Cambio & Co.
Time spent using app: About 2 years
SureSwift Capital replied August 19, 2022

Hi there, thanks for your review. I'm sorry for your experience with the app's notification delivery. The issue you encountered at the time was a bug which resulted from the Campaigns feature we had launched. Our developers have addressed the issue, and notifications are delivering as they should.

Apart from that issue, if notifications don't send for a stocked product, it's quite likely that the product's catalog id was changed. This happens if the product is renamed or it's settings were changed, and it's saved as a new product. This makes logical sense as to how the link between the product and our app can be broken.

We are able to fix issues like that by transferring the notifications manually. There isn't an automated fix for this, but we're looking into a way to address this easily.

If you have any questions, or ever need any assistance, please feel free to reach out 😊!

April 11, 2022

I don't understand the positive reviews here. There has been many cases notifications are just not being send out to the customers. Support has confirmed this multiple times saying they are working on it. I gave them one last chance last month, just to see that two weeks after we restocked again 0 notifications were send out. This is not an app that is trustworthy with my business. I need something that does what I pay for.

Huskk
Belgium
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
SureSwift Capital replied May 1, 2022

Hey there, we are sad to hear that 😔. We have been transparent with any issues we've faced and always look to resolve them as quickly as possible.

In the period you were experiencing this, we were doing massive upgrades to our platform that was affecting the delivery of notifications for some customers. These issues have been resolved also.

Are you still experiencing these issues? What can we do at this moment to turn your 1 star review into a 5 star?

We look forward to hearing from you!

Edited May 12, 2022

Not replying to emails, not fixing the issue (widget not showing up in other languages). they ignore emails.

Norvine
Germany
Time spent using app: About 2 months
SureSwift Capital replied May 1, 2022

Thanks for your great review! We're always happy to assist you 😊!

December 7, 2021

We uninstalled this app months ago and yet it's still on our website. Why? They should remove the code if the shop requested the app to be removed. Expect junk code living on your site after installing this. Very unprofessional.

Lioness
Time spent using app: 10 months
SureSwift Capital replied December 16, 2021

Hello,

A default implementation of Back in Stock does not insert code into the theme; custom code added to interact with Back in Stock will not be automatically removed on uninstall as it is not native to Back in Stock.

By default Back in Stock shows the button using Shopify ScriptTags, and is removed on uninstall.

Kind regards,