Digital Downloads

Sell digital products in your store

Free

The Mayhew Animal Home

agree. email takes ages to arrive. immediate download link please

Scam Stuff

It's great that the app is free, but it's almost necessary that there are links available on the webpage immediately after purchase for customers. Too many customers miss the email, or don't get it all together. For every 200 downloads, we had around 10 customers complain that they didn't receive the file and we had to resend it.

That said, the other apps for digital distribution on shopify are WAY over priced for people like us who want to sell high quality 20 minute videos on a regular basis. We'd eventually be forced to sacrifice our backcatalog if we started our setup with a different provider. :/

Great first effort in terms of seller experience on setup, but it just needs that little step forward to make it a good customer experience too.

AgManuals - A Growing Provider of Digital Farm Equipment Manuals

I really like the app and I've had a couple sales using it.

Like others, I'd like to see an instant link. So far, the links sent out to my customers and the ones I've tested have gone to junk mail.

I really like the ability to create manual URLs, but I'd also like to see an expiration feature. Like your link will only be available for 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, etc.

Another useful feature would be more specific tracking of downloads. Like how many downloads were manual downloads vs sale downloads.

Other than that, I hope development continues on this little gem. It sets Shopify apart from the others ecommerce providers.

Luc Latulippe Illustration

Wonderful! Perfect for selling my stock illustrations. And free! I hope there's further development on it in the long run, to make managing large numbers of files easier, but otherwise it's great right now (and I have several hundred files to manage).

Monstercat

I agree 100% with Fabledo, having the download link appear right after the sale would be absolutely necessary. It is currently holding me back from using Shopify as our ecommerce solution.

Fabledo

So.. huge thumbs up for finally making Shopify NOT dependant on third parties to sell digital downloads.
However, this *NEEDS* to display the download link at the checkout page. Without it, it's no use.

Sending a link via e-mail is too clunky... it won't pass for okayish among clients used to big and neat modern websites.

Emails can get lost, or delayed etc.. nuh-uh. Make it display the link on checkout and I'll immediately start using this.

THE RED BAR RADIO STORE

There's a few obvious bugs, but it works well enough in the majority of cases. I've encountered a bug where if the entire order isn't fulfilled and is marked as partial (digital line item(s) mixed with physical items that need to be shipped) the download link won't get sent until those physical items have shipped and I've been having to send out links manually.

Also, when an item is deleted from the store, it doesn't get deleted properly from Delivery, and gives a 500 error when you click on it in Delivery's backend.

Not sure if there's a better place to report further bugs for this app.

Zen Yarn Garden

Installed and tested with a free download on my site. Works great! Will be interesting to see if the app costs anything when it's out of beta as it looks like files are stored on the app's site. Like that product updates are automatically emailed too.

1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 Next