Digital Downloads

Sell digital products in your store

Price: Free

TAHA Store

So far this app seems to be working for us. The only issue that we have experienced is not being able to download via an ipad using Chrome.

Restored Traditions

PRO: It's free and supports multiple files for one product, which is the primary reason we switched to Shopify. We only sell .jpg files.

ANNOYING BUT BEARABLE BECAUSE IT'S FREE: Having to do some minor things twice, "re installing" the app every time we start using it again, and not having the download link show up on the order confirmation page.

UNACCEPTABLE: 8% of our orders have one of three technical problems (yes, I spreadsheeted the data to get that figure):

1) The email download doesn't show up (yes, we verified that it wasn't in their spam folder)

2) In Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows 8, customers download the .jpg file but it saves as a MHT file that they can't use (customer service nightmare here).

3) Customer clicks link to download, and it simply says the limit has been exceeded (yes, we verified that the product had a download limit of 2).

On average, we receive a technical complaint directly caused by the Shopify app every 5.5 days. We've verified that other complaints we've received have been at the user end and did not include those in our data set to give you the above numbers.

CONCLUSION:
I don't expect a free app to have the shiny features of a paid app, and I don't even think the paid solutions are that overpriced.

I do expect this free app to do what Shopify says it should do in its second bullet point as of 11-5-13: "Customers get access to content instantly."

Shopify's description of this app is true 92% of the time. So Shopify either needs to change the app description to reflect the truth (come on copywriter, get creative), or it should have one of its developers walk away from the tapped keg, grab some Tim Horton's coffee, work out some bugs and write some scripts.

I look forward to Shopify making this ok app great!

Love Thy Thread

Ok yes it's free, but it's annoying that when uploading and saving the file I get that kitten and 404 page and have two do it twice to work, I swear that kitten would have got it now if it was real.
Also why not a link where the customers can see there download ( new and used) on the customer account page, and emails going to spam, customers complain the chart has not been sent when it has then I get customers complaining.
Could be one of the best apps on shopify if they listened to us reviewers

people2employ.co.uk

At the moment, it needs a bit of tweaking. The technical dept are on it and I hope will figure it out soon.
My digital download App keeps disconnecting.
I like the idea of an immediate download instead of being sent to E Mail. That would make it much more professional. (is someone reading this?)
I have requested also that any uploaded digital products are able to be seen in the control panel page. When you have hundreds of products, it is not feasible to keep checking if every one has been uploaded.
I love shopify, easy and efficient. and it gives me what I need.
I will be monitoring how well technical respond to these challenges.
Yes I would recommend. But help me to do it with more confidence.

AgManuals - A Provider of Digital Farm Manuals

NO MORE EMAILS! They are delayed or going to junk mail. The download screen needs to appear when the customer purchases the product!

Urbania

Works pretty well!

Except for the fact that the download email ends up in the spam of some customers...

Vintage Ad Stock

PROs:
1) It's free.
2) Ummm...

CONs:
1) You can't mistake when setting things up because you can't delete a listing.
2) That means you can have duplicate products listed in the plugin's dashboard.
3) When from your list of apps, if you click "Contact App Developer", it does nothing.
4) I've attempted to find a support section to deal with this app but it doesn't exist.
5) Free is too darn expensive. Go with an app that actually works and offers support.

Xenoce Computers

This is a decent app, I like the idea I would like to see multiple downloads for one file though I can live with sending the file to customers email as I have not experience a problem. But the app does the job no problems so far. Please Shopify can you enable multiple files upload for one product. Please. Great Free App though!

Impact Hypnosis

Had a couple of minor glitches, but the developer was quick to respond.

Works like a charm most of the time.

Wish they had links on the thank you page, hope they are working on it.

Alchimie du coeur

Thanks for making this app. I want to state like many others:
- the other solutions are way too over priced to sell many small files
- the email with the download link can sometime take ages to come
- therefore making the need for a direct download link on the payment confirmation pages even more important!
- lastly, the download button caption need to be translatable!

But thanks, other than that it works nicely!