Digital Downloads

Sell digital products in your store

Price: Free

• Speed tested: low impact to your online store

Vintage Ad Stock

PROs:
1) It's free.
2) Ummm...

CONs:
1) You can't mistake when setting things up because you can't delete a listing.
2) That means you can have duplicate products listed in the plugin's dashboard.
3) When from your list of apps, if you click "Contact App Developer", it does nothing.
4) I've attempted to find a support section to deal with this app but it doesn't exist.
5) Free is too darn expensive. Go with an app that actually works and offers support.

Xenoce Computers

This is a decent app, I like the idea I would like to see multiple downloads for one file though I can live with sending the file to customers email as I have not experience a problem. But the app does the job no problems so far. Please Shopify can you enable multiple files upload for one product. Please. Great Free App though!

Impact Hypnosis

Had a couple of minor glitches, but the developer was quick to respond.

Works like a charm most of the time.

Wish they had links on the thank you page, hope they are working on it.

Alchimie du coeur

Thanks for making this app. I want to state like many others:
- the other solutions are way too over priced to sell many small files
- the email with the download link can sometime take ages to come
- therefore making the need for a direct download link on the payment confirmation pages even more important!
- lastly, the download button caption need to be translatable!

But thanks, other than that it works nicely!

The Mayhew Animal Home

agree. email takes ages to arrive. immediate download link please

Scam Stuff

It's great that the app is free, but it's almost necessary that there are links available on the webpage immediately after purchase for customers. Too many customers miss the email, or don't get it all together. For every 200 downloads, we had around 10 customers complain that they didn't receive the file and we had to resend it.

That said, the other apps for digital distribution on shopify are WAY over priced for people like us who want to sell high quality 20 minute videos on a regular basis. We'd eventually be forced to sacrifice our backcatalog if we started our setup with a different provider. :/

Great first effort in terms of seller experience on setup, but it just needs that little step forward to make it a good customer experience too.

AgManuals - A Growing Provider of Digital Farm Equipment Manuals

I really like the app and I've had a couple sales using it.

Like others, I'd like to see an instant link. So far, the links sent out to my customers and the ones I've tested have gone to junk mail.

I really like the ability to create manual URLs, but I'd also like to see an expiration feature. Like your link will only be available for 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, etc.

Another useful feature would be more specific tracking of downloads. Like how many downloads were manual downloads vs sale downloads.

Other than that, I hope development continues on this little gem. It sets Shopify apart from the others ecommerce providers.

Luc Latulippe Illustration

Wonderful! Perfect for selling my stock illustrations. And free! I hope there's further development on it in the long run, to make managing large numbers of files easier, but otherwise it's great right now (and I have several hundred files to manage).

Monstercat

I agree 100% with Fabledo, having the download link appear right after the sale would be absolutely necessary. It is currently holding me back from using Shopify as our ecommerce solution.

Fabledo

So.. huge thumbs up for finally making Shopify NOT dependant on third parties to sell digital downloads.
However, this *NEEDS* to display the download link at the checkout page. Without it, it's no use.

Sending a link via e-mail is too clunky... it won't pass for okayish among clients used to big and neat modern websites.

Emails can get lost, or delayed etc.. nuh-uh. Make it display the link on checkout and I'll immediately start using this.