Digital Downloads

Sell digital products in your store

Free

Tiptop Urban

I first heard about this App in a group and decided to give it a try. I first heard about this App in a group and decided to give it a try.

MY FAVOURITE THINGS • KNITWEAR

I have so many customers writing me that they are unable to download their files. Iphone and Ipad. And Safari browser is an issue as well. I've reached out to Shopify Support - but they couldn't solve the problem.

September 18, 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that your customers have been experiencing trouble downloading their files. I do see that we've responded to your emails, have you received those responses?

I wasn't able to replicate the issue on my end here. Nevertheless, I'd love to take a closer look into this for you to see what we can find out. I've gone ahead and sent you another email requesting some more information to get to the bottom of this. Please let me know here if you have don't receive it - otherwise, I look forward to continuing our conversation through there. Hope to hear from you soon! - Ryder, Shopify Support

Cell-e

For some reason, my customers are not receiving the digital file attachment after purchase. Upon checking on their order in Shopify, I see there is note stating, "This order has no digital attachments" despite me confirming that the file is attached to the product in the settings for download. I am having to send URLs manually. However, when I create an order manually, the details do indicate there is a file attached and the file is sent automatically with an email sent.

September 10, 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and for letting us know about the problem you've come across here. I'd like to help look into this further, so I'm going to follow up with you via email shortly. If you still need assistance with this, please make sure to reply directly back to my email once you receive it. Hope to hear from you soon! - Oliver, Shopify Support

Gamer Bargain

Good service. I popped questions on the website and got replies almost in real time. Good service. Good service.

Olive and Fig Designs

it looks like you can only attach one file per link which is kind of odd. Many business ive purchased digital downloads from send more than one file, so im not sure how that works with this app

September 9, 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback. The best workaround for this would be to put the files in a zip archive which will condense them into one single file to attach to your product using the Digital Downloads app. All the best! - Oliver, Shopify Support

Virtualslay

The app has been great until very recently, I thought the issue was fixed but now it randomly doesn't full-fill orders and I am having to send our manual links, it's generating a few complaints from customers and I am looking into an alternative.

September 1, 2020

Thank you for sharing this review, and letting us know about the troubles you've encountered with download links not being sent to customers. I'd like to help look into this further, so I'm going to follow up with you via email shortly. If you still need assistance with this, please make sure to reply directly back to my email once you receive it. I look forward to hearing from you! - Rae, Shopify Support

Nick Noir

Incompatible with Safari. I've reached out to Shopify support about this issue but what you would think would be a fluid conversation takes DAYS for a response and no solution has been achieved or discussed.

September 1, 2020

Hi, there! I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble contacting us - our support is experiencing large volumes of requests at the moment, so it may take longer than usual for someone to reply if you've reached out via email. If you need urgent support, I'd suggest starting a live chat with us, or reaching out on Facebook or Twitter.

We typically recommend using the admin with Google Chrome, however you should be able to use the app in Safari without any issues if you prefer that browser. You likely need to clear your Safari cache and cookies or disable a browser extension or ad blocker - I'll reach out to you via email shortly and we can do some troubleshooting together. Speak soon! - Brie, Shopify Support

Sapient Pet

Good service. I popped questions on the website and got replies almost in real time. Got good sourcing.

YODERCROSS

It does what it's supposed to do and so far has worked flawlessly for my shop. I am grateful it's free and am extremely grateful the storage is unlimited.

I do wish there was an option for downloads to be available within the customer's order history page (even if that meant a reasonable monthly subscription fee). I'm constantly searching for other apps that offer this feature but haven't found anything yet. I'll stick with this until that happens (and will upgrade if this is ever updated).

Overall, this app is the only reason I'm able to sell on Shopify and branch off from Etsy, so I'm very, very happy with it! Thank you, developers!

Deja Drewit

Stopped working in December 2021. Cannot add new files! Waiting for support! Pretty easy to setup! I had no idea when I migrated from WEEBLY that my digital downloads DID NOT migrate.