Facebook channel

Bring your products to people on Facebook and Instagram.

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

Gypsea Tribe

I used to be approved for shop on Instagram (where 95% of my sales come from) when I was with Etsy uploading products myself. I thought switching over to Shopify would be useful as the catalogue updates by itself but apparently whatever integration they had is now broken.
Im loosing hundreds of dollars worth of sales. Going to go back to Etsy and uploading the items myself. Shopify support has admitted that something is broken in their integration and I bet it's because Instagram and Facebook are trying to make it so that you only need a shop on their platform without using a 3rd party like Shopify.

Hi there,

William here from Shopify support. I see you're having trouble with Instagram shopping through the Facebook app built by us at Shopify. You've highlighted the issue well with your review that there are changes being made in ecommerce as a whole and we're doing our best to keep up with these changes. I'll reach out to you to discuss the account specific concerns you have, please watch for my email.

William | Shopify Support Advisor

City Phrases

TERRIBLE app. Always has a problem! Can't log in, can't do anything with this app at all! I wish Facebook didn't exist!

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are facing with connecting the Facebook Channel. I do want to make sure that you get the support that you need, so I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up lines of communication.

Precision Gutters Ltd.

I have tried unsuccessfully for 2 days to change the photos in 3 of my products. It seems that when I uploaded my catalogue to facebook, it changed the layout of my photos, so instead of seeing the product, you know only see a color. I'm at my wits end

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are facing with your products on the Facebook Channel. I do want to make sure that you get the support that you need, so I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up lines of communication.

praterapparel

the app doesn't sync and Shopify customer service is sh*t. this specialty team they speak of doesn't exist. complete waste of my time

November 1, 2021

Hello,

Jacky here from Shopify. Thanks for taking the time to submit your feedback. I'm going to follow up with you over email to open up the lines of communication and see if we can address some of the issues you were having with the app.
Jacky | Shopify

Tin Can Sally

Changing this review to 4 stars. The issue was taken care of by Robyn in support. It seems the app works, the issue is with Facebook which is very difficult and glitchy to setup. Following Robyn's directions, I was able to get it to work. I give the app 4 stars because I find FB problematic to deal with. This is not the app's fault. If you have trouble accept the offer of support from Shopify and it should work. ORIGINAL REVIEW: App shows in my products as available channel but on my business FB page I see NO products in the catalog. I gave this a few days to possibly load, but it just is not working. I used this app before and it disconnected often. Until this is fixed, it is useless!

October 28, 2021

Hey there,

Robyn here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. We really appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry to hear of the struggles you are facing with getting your products to sync with Facebook. I'm going to take a closer look at your account and send you a direct email so I can open up the lines of communication and help you get set up properly.

Robyn | Shopify

Chez Sep Boutique

I keep trying to connect my actual facebook commerce account and this app is a mess. It doesnt even work, why does it exist? Is there any other way to connect to Facebook? I want my money back from shopify if they cant provide the very basic business function that was promised to me as a business owner and consumer. It just refuses to connect, and apparently everyone is having the same issue. Please assist.

October 27, 2021

Hi there!

Paola here from Shopify! I understand that it can be very frustrating to be unable to connect your Facebook account. To give you a bit more context, Facebook Commerce Manager is a platform to set up a shop and manage sales on both Facebook and Instagram. Usually, it is required to create a new Commerce Account that is associated with your Shopify store. This step is important because when you’re bridging a connection between Shopify and Facebook, you’re syncing your Shopify owned product catalog over to Facebook’s side of things. It is important to note that Facebook needs to approve it based on their commerce policies. I will be reaching out to you through email shortly to provide you with more details.

I look forward to chatting with you.

Paola | Shopify

Jewelry by Sande Gene

I have tried for two (2) years to connect my Facebook to my Shopify and still have NOT been able to connect. FaceBook always has some reason or excuse to deny my access. I have deleted my old FaceBook, created a new FaceBook several times. I believe currently I actually have three different FaceBook accounts because each time I would try to connect, FaceBook would say I did not have an account and require me to create a new one and would then still deny my access to FaceBook. I have given up and will never try to connect again and will never encourage, anyone who ask my opinion, to connect. This hinders my access to Instagram and Twitter also which makes me very upset. Thank you for allowing me to air my opinion.

October 27, 2021

Hey there,

Jason here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you were facing on-boarding with the channel. I understand that you are not interested in attempting to connect again. I'm going to take a look into this further and follow up with you. We're always grateful for feedback and we will use this to constantly improve our app. Please look out for my upcoming email.

Jason | Shopify

nftbrands

need to connect a facebook account in order to use this. so terrible the old way of connecting the pixel was so much better and easier. please change it back

Langefels Equipment Co LLC

Are they crazy? The update in November basically lets Facebook take over your store. They have access to everything you do and your customers. Shopify should be more interested in protecting there customers information and best interest than promoting Facebook. I would highly suggest you remove the application or put your settings to conservative. I hope Shopify did not automatically share my customers information with Facebook.

October 22, 2021

Hey there,

Jason here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I can see that you are concerned about data sharing with Facebook. I'm going to look into this further and follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here and see if we can provide more information to help.

Jason | Shopify

MODERN ALL

I cannot seem to reinstall the app onto my store after deleting to resolve a problem. Before deleting the app, I was notified that I could reinstall the app at any time in the future so I don't understand why I cannot reinstall the app into my store again.

October 20, 2021

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are facing with installing the Facebook Channel. I do want to make sure that you get the support that you need, so I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up lines of communication.