Facebook & Instagram

Facebook & Instagram

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.
Rating (3.2)
Developer
3.2
June 15, 2022

This has been a horrible experience I have been dealing with an issue for months.. Facebook support says it's a Shopify issue and Shopify says it's a Facebook issue. If I could rate Shopify's customer service I would give them a low score as well. I have pending orders on Instagram that I can not cancel or fulfill (and I was not paid for them). My customers are mad because they paid for something that they have not received and the orders are not showing in my Shopify store. It just seems that no one cares about this issue and it is completely ruining my business reputation and my business credibility. I am beyond frustrated at this point and I am seriously considering going to another platform. I will be seeking a refund for Shopify because I paid in advance. I am not just ranting and did not exhaust all options. I really really tried for months. The last Shopify customer service person told me he would be off for a week and he would let me know something when he came back..smh. And I am not the only person having this issue. Facebook support and Shopify support have completely dropped the ball on this and I wish I could get a refund and go elsewhere!

RavishingWicks
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
Meta replied June 17, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Facebook channel app. We definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need when it comes to the issues you're experiencing. However, we are limited in our ability to help if the channel has been uninstalled from your Shopify store. With that being said, I'll be sending an email out to open up the lines of communication and help where I can.

June 10, 2022

Connecting my shop to Instagram via Facebook has to be one of the most time-consuming and annoying processes I have ever done.

Threadorable
Time spent using app: 7 months
Meta replied June 13, 2022

Hi there!

Paola here with Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with the Facebook Channel app, we truly appreciate it!

I can definitely sympathize with your efforts and time spent on connecting the platforms. Facebook requires very specific permissions for you to be able to connect your accounts to Shopify. I will be reaching out to you shortly with more details and to make sure you are receiving the assistance you need during the process.

Talk to you soon!

Paola | Shopify

June 10, 2022

it's a nightmare to setup, terrible privacy issues, Meta will edit all your products, all your clients e-mails, phone numbers and addresses.
Shopify will get to read all your facebook and instagram messages in return.
it's a horrible idea!

Silva-Alta
Ireland
Time spent using app: 2 months
Meta replied June 13, 2022

Hi there!

Paola here with Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We really appreciate that!

I completely understand your privacy concerns! The permissions requested are vetted by both Shopify and Meta privacy teams so that they are appropriate to do the tasks requested and nothing more. These types of permissions allow services like automated responses, related searches and in some instances continued conversations. Many similar predictive text algorithms are already in place in everyday life. Rest assured, however, that Shopify takes privacy matters very seriously.

I will be reaching out to you shortly with more details on how to get the channel setup and to answer any further privacy concern you may have.

I look forward to speaking to you!

Paola | Shopify

June 8, 2022

Pretty trash. I have been trying to create Ads and it impossible. I keep getting the same error message saying "A problem with Facebook prevented your activity from being published. Try to republish in a few minutes." This is super frustrating and I have been trying to do this for multiple days now.

skyshopfitness
Time spent using app: 4 days
June 4, 2022

Feeling frustrated, my facebook account was hacked which was attached to my business account and I can not get any one to help me or help me get my accounts back up and running or attached to my channel, it's one week of pure frustration. I wish there was a easier way to communicate with someone

The Magnolia Cottage Boutique
Time spent using app: Over 2 years
Meta replied June 7, 2022

Hi there,

My name is William, I work at Shopify as a support specialist. I can definitely sympathize that having your account compromised is not a pleasant experience and we do appreciate you taking the time to review the Facebook channel. We'll reach out to discuss your specific case but in the event that your Facebook account is compromised our abilities will be limited based on their system.

William | Marketplaces Support Specialist
Shopify

June 2, 2022

This is a great app to have as a great sales channel to help promote your products fror free or for paid adds

Nostalgic Coffee Channels
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
June 1, 2022

META IS GARBAGE! I am probably closing my store after 5 months of no resolution to a problem they must have created making so I can't sell on facebook or instagram. This has been heartbreaking. I may have to get rid of my Facebook account entirely after having it since 2009. META taking over Facebook has made my life a nightmare since December 2021 and has left me nearly broke from this experience. I have reached out every way possible which is not many and exhausting to GET ABSOLUTELY NO HELP.

TRENDivergent
Time spent using app: 7 months
Meta replied June 2, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Facebook channel app. While Facebook is responsible for approving any Business or Commerce accounts, we definitely want to make sure that you get the support you need regarding the issues you are facing with the channel itself. I'll be sending an email out to open up the lines of communication and help where I can.

May 27, 2022

An absolute joke of an app! My facebook account was hacked two months ago, which meant my business page on Facebook also disappeared. Facebook has not even bothered to reply to my message regarding this. I therefor had to set up another personal Facebook page and a new business page on Facebook. When I try to connect this app to my new Facebook page, it tells me that someone else owns the the domain. So with Facebook not bothering to reply, I'm stuck without the ability to sell on Facebook. Absolute waste of time!

DIRT & GLORY
Time spent using app: 4 months
Meta replied May 31, 2022

Hi there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience with the Facebook channel app. We want to make sure that you get the support you need regarding the issues you are facing with the channel. I'll be sending an email shortly to open up the lines of communication and help where I can.

May 26, 2022

I am facing a problem with the pixel, I am not getting the correct events and event parameters in my Facebook Event manager. E.g Facebook Showing 3 purchases but in reality, there are zero purchases and also showing zero conversion value for some orders.

Garvili
India
Time spent using app: About 1 year
May 21, 2022

Works well for my website gocrossbow.com. Pretty basic to set up and use. Doesn't effect website speed very much.

Go Crossbow