Facebook channel

Bring your products to people on Facebook and Instagram.

Free to install. Additional charges may apply.

Realm of the Witch

Facebook won't publish my store on my business page because of one funny meme I posted back in October '21. Apparently it went against their 'community standards'. In the five years I have been running my page, this is the first 'violation' I've ever had but this is staying on my page until October 2022. Absolutely disgusted with this decision. They stood by it even after I appealed. Therefore this app is utterly useless.

February 27, 2022

Hey there,

Mario here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. Your feedback is extremely valuable. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are facing with publishing your store. Please understand that these reviews and approvals are completely handled by Facebook as Shopify has no hand in the decision made. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to share some more information with you that can help explore alternative marketing channels.

Mario | Shopify

Manjubaa

Absolutely Terrible, and here's the exact problem they need to solve.
1. Pixel + CAPI are supposed to work but you can't confirm, They won't let you insert Test ID. This means if there's something wrong, You'll know it after days. 2. Feed requires a lot of improvement 3. Let user select shop feed they want to set instead of pushing default shopify feed. 4. Pixel - Let user create custom events from specific buttons (Wishlist / Remove Cart / Subscribe etc)
5. Remove Advertisement from app as it's more of a problem then a solution. Why? Because it shows only 1% of available options and you'd never know what you missed.
6. I received many issues with CAPI and there's no way to know who's responsible. Facebook? Meta? Shopify? Shopify App? Me? You? Everyone? Well, That was it! I am feeling like I should be paying rather than waiting them to destroy my business.

Hi there,

William here from Shopify's marketplaces support team. Thank you for leaving a review about our app. The Facebook channel is intended as a great starting place to connect Facebook and Shopify we will review the inclusion of these advanced features in a future update but I'll message you directly with how we overcome these challenges currently.

William | Marketplaces Support Specialist
Shopify

Fine Art by Ane

I removed the app. The added fee for selling on Facebook just does not make it worth it. No customer support. Randomly rejects some of my design under the sex trafficking excuse. I am not sex traffic. I am an artist and a designer. Ridiculous.

Hi there,

William here from the marketplaces support team at Shopify. I see you've noted that there are additional fees for the Facebook channel, there are currently no additional fees with the Facebook channel. I also see that you had some trouble with product approvals on Facebook these are likely account specific so I'll reach out to you directly to discuss those and any fees that relate to your experience. Thank you for leaving the time to review our app.

William | Marketplaces Support Specialist
Shopify

Personalized Gift Outlet

If I could give Facebook a zero or negative number I would. I know it won't matter to them what is said here but this has to be conveyed. They awarded me a $400 ad credit for my Shopify store. Thought wow, that's really cool. Started to use it, and was $6 into it, when they suspended my Facebook account. But that's just the beginning. While under suspension (and not able to access my account) they decided to remove the ad credit. But not only did they remove the credit, but they also charged me $75 and $164.84. Of course, support won't answer any requests. That's Facebook, the King of being the worst customer service. Called my bank to see what could be done and the only thing I could do was replace the card I had given them (and many others online to pay for things). That was the only way to stop future charges from being assessed. I will NEVER use Facebook again. Not that they care but talk about UNETHICAL business practices. Facebook is the KING of them. Absolutely the worst app!

Hey there,

Nate here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Facebook's ad credit. I'm going to follow up with you with an email to open up the lines of communication, so that I can provide your feedback to my team and assist where I can.

Nate l Shopify

alex050390

Good app, does exactly what I need. Nice and simple, nothing to complain about it. Would definitely use it long term.

ayraethnic.com

The Facebook Marketing is not working.. Getting Error "A problem with Facebook prevented your activity from being published. Try to republish in a few minutes."

February 22, 2022

Hey there,

Thomas here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our team are consistently working to improve the app so I am sorry to hear in this instance it didn't work as expected for you. I'm going to follow up with you with an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team and troubleshoot this further with you.

Thomas l Shopify

Beauty Store Mx

sigue con error esta app, sale error al instalar y si lo instales sale error con pagina en blanco. espero que le den soporte ya que se pierde la conexion de la tienda de facebook con la de shopify.

Don Pedro Z

App funktioniert, aber es können keine Kampagne erstellt werden. Ich werde zu FB verwiesen, aber die können nichts machen, da die App schuld ist. Naja, super Support würde ich sagen. Auf FB schieben und selbst den Fehler verursachen, denn manuell kann ich Kampagnen erstellen. Wofür benötige ich dann die App? Achja, Instagram Verbindung funktioniert bis heute nicht

JuniperzCreations

This app is terrible. None of my inventory is accurate and I always have errors. Would not recommend

February 18, 2022

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. I'm sorry to hear about the struggles you are facing with Facebook channel. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to gather some context on the issue that you are facing and see where I can help.

Adil | Shopify

Tulla Life

Simply Frustrating Trying to run a Facebook Audience building add but repeatedly getting this message since last 25 days. I quote "
There is 1 error with this activity: A problem with Facebook prevented your activity from being published. Try to republish in a few minutes" Did spend end number of hours to figure out the problem but absolutely clue less. It does not mention any specific problem to resolve. Tried to republish probably 100 times. but same result

February 18, 2022

Hey there,

Adil here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Facebook Channel with us. I'm sorry to hear about the struggles you are facing with creating Facebook campaigns. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to see where I can help.

Adil | Shopify