Gorgias ‑ Live Chat & Helpdesk

Gorgias ‑ Live Chat & Helpdesk

by Gorgias

Centralize all your customer service channels in one place

Paint by Numbers

The app is great, and the onboarding was easy. A couple of odd things happened here and there, like Instagram and FB disconnecting without notice. They told us they have no control over that - okay, but at least let me know the integration is gone and we need to reconnect. We did not answer any social query for 3 days until we noticed there was something wrong. Now, the TRUE dealbreaker for us is the file upload capability. It's 10 MB PER EMAIL!! Not even per file!! We create personalized paintings, so we need to send out customers high-resolution files. 10MB per email is just miserable, considering the app cost. A free Gmail account allows you 25 MB per file. Zendesk too. That would be enough for us. After spending time resizing, compressing, resizing again, etc., we are about to cancel the service since we spend too much time doing unnecessary tasks. We talked to support about this, and all they said is that they don't have a direct line with engineers and will add it to some feedback list. There are no plans to change that. So if your business needs to send files to your customers, bear in mind that this app will be a pain. I hope they can give us a solution, though.

Ecohuman

Disappointing. The reviews (outside shopify, e.g. reddit and other forums) are true. Their own support is very disjointed and leaves a lot to be desired. Each question took 6 hours+ to get a response on their own chat function. Areas that did not work for us:
- Live chat functionality is pretty useless. I tried their beta and their automations leave a lot to be desired and no, you can't put in a proper work around. We were using tidio to run chat bots whereby we offer a new customer promo. There's no suitable workaround for this. If you run one of their 'campaigns' you can't run it outside of business hours.
- Their pricing is pretty obtuse. You pay per ticket. I gave it a chance. We liked the feature of sending an auto response to inbound email tickets to acknowledge receipt and give an SLA. Personally I feel reassured when I receive acknowledgement and an SLA on when I can expect to receive a response. If you choose this, all responses are counted as tickets. So in respect to inbound emails, spam or not, everyone counts as a ticket.
- The demo I received from Jasper was 25 mins of preamble and 5 mins of visually seeing the platform with no demo of how to use it. Having tried Gorgias, FreshDesk & Chat, Zohodesk and Re:Amaze we've ended up going with Re:Amaze. The functionality is intuitive and they're not trying to run before they can walk.