Shopify Inbox

Shopify Inbox | Reviews

by Shopify

Sell over chat, and talk with your customers anytime, anywhere

Mother Earth Living

We are currently in testing mode with this app and most of the features appear to function well and it will be very useful. However, a couple of issues that we've run into is that it doesn't appear that the customer is able to clear their chat history easily. New chat messages seem to be stacked endlessly on previous messages. Also, notifications seem to be hit or miss.

October 22, 2021

Hi there. Thank you for providing us with this great review and feedback. While you can't delete the messages in Shopify Inbox, you can archive them. Feel free to take a closer look into how you can do this by viewing our Shopify Inbox guide here https://bit.ly/3pxio6L.

In regards to your notifications error, this could be caused by a couple of factors. You may want to try re-installing Shopify inbox to see if you are still getting those issues, it could also be an issue with receiving emails from your email provider or Internet service provider.

I recommended trying to re-install Shopify inbox, and if you are still noticing these issues, reach out to one of our live support advisors via our help center https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA so we can take a closer look with you. Thanks again! -Marty, Shopify Support.

Vanity Bath Store

This app was great until the rules were changed. I can no longer reply to customers on the app--I have to go to email. That significantly changes the effectiveness of this app. Prior to the change I was able to close 5 sales.

October 20, 2021

Hey, there. Thank you for taking the time and writing this review. Due to the A2P 10DLC Compliance (https://bit.ly/3aUjNMb), there were some changes made to how messages are sent. However, if the customer is present on your Online store, you can respond directly via the chat window.

We understand that you'd like to be able to respond directly through the app, and we'd be happy to pass your feedback along to our developers. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

Quirky Baby LLC

I downloaded this app. It’s on my website. But the widget is not where I want it to be, and I can’t customize it or uninstall it because it’s not in my apps list. I keep getting “reload page” errors messages. I like that it has an app, though.

October 20, 2021

Hey, there. Thank you for taking the time and sharing this feedback. While the Shopify Inbox doesn't appear in the Apps list after installation, it does appear as one of your sales channels. You can also change the appearance (https://bit.ly/3aXsm9a), and move the widget to the bottom left or bottom right of your store.

If you're unable to find the Shopify Inbox, then this is something that our Support team can help you with. Please visit the Shopify Help Center (https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V) and log into your account to create a support request. Cheers! -Elias, Shopify Support

CCR Custom Metals, LLC

I like it but it could be so much better. Here are some ideas that I think should be implemented. ~Custom product listing straight from the message
~Be able to copy and paste snapshots straight to message without having to save and upload a "photo"
~the ability to save frequently used saved replies. It would be nice if we could have 20+ options.
~If the customer has purchased from me before, it would be nice to have all the previous sales and message information on the side of the page. Can you tell that I came from Etsy? lol

October 19, 2021

Hi there. Thank you so much for your great review and for providing us with this feedback. We do offer the option to save replies, you can configure your saved replies in the Inbox admin. There should not be a limit on the number of saved replies you can have. You can also reply with your "Quick Replies" at ShopifyInbox.com (https://bit.ly/30x02Z4) or through the mobile app.

As for your other suggestions, these are great ideas and I have gone ahead and submitted them to our developers for future consideration. Thanks again! Marty, Shopify Support.

Milkface Nursingwear Inc

This app simply doesn’t work. The worst part is that I thought it was working fine until this morning when I opened it up and there were all of a sudden dozens of unread conversations going back months. It looks like I’ve been receiving about 10% of my messages the whole time I’ve been using the app. I’m really horrified that all these customers have been ignored because this app didn’t A) notify me of the messages and B) show them in the inbox.

October 13, 2021

Thank you for writing your review and I am sorry to hear that you experienced this delay which caused you to miss messages from your customers. I would encourage you to contact our support team directly, who can authenticate you on the store and troubleshoot this issue in more detail: https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA. If the problem can be diagnosed then hopefully we can prevent this from happening again in future. -Victor, Shopify Support

nappycare.co.za

The phone is notification is so delayed, by the time you get it the customer already left your store 10minutes ago. - Inbox randomly decides to switch off and not be visible for customers.
- Inbox not great for managing conversations, I can see some elements are there
- App notifications are not a thread, each message different notification Avoid this until it's more polished and to the level one expects from a massive company such as Shopify.

October 12, 2021

Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this review and feedback. We are always looking for ways to better our products for our merchants and we appreciate you taking the time to do this.

I would recommend reaching out to our Live support team via our Help Center (https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA) to take a closer look into some of these concerns. If they are indeed not supported in our app, our support team will happily submit your feedback up to our developers for future consideration, thank's again. -Marty, Shopify Support

Mojshop

It’s not possible to translate the user interface of the app. The chat appears to customers always in English so it’s only useful for shops in English.

October 4, 2021

Hey, there. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, the online store chat appears in the same language as your theme. If you are using an unsupported language, then online store chat defaults to English.

You can reference this under the "Appearance" section of our guide for Shopify Inbox here (https://bit.ly/2WKVX28). Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review. -Marty, Shopify Support

Kigurumi.ca

It's fine but I really dislike that I can't remove the Welcome Message notification indicator. The red dot that is SUCH a distraction to users.

October 4, 2021

Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, we appreciate the feedback. I can certainly see the potential benefit in being able to remove the welcome message notification. I would be happy to send this feedback up to our developers for future consideration. Thanks again! -Marty, Shopify Support

Kroose Tart

Doesn't allow you to delete the FAQ: "can I get an update on my order status". Since I couldn't delete it, I just turned it off. So not using the chat feature within the store. I would use it if they allowed us to delete that. I know many others have asked for that.

October 4, 2021

Hey, there. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate you providing us with his feedback and I can certainly see the potential benefit in your idea. I can certainly see the potential benefit in removing this status message. There is currently no way to remove this message, however, I would be happy to send your feedback up to our developers for future consideration.
Thank's again!. -Marty, Shopify Support

Vogue Faces

This app is not easy to use at all, customer messages cannot be reminded the first time, the use process is inconvenient, and the visitor mode cannot be set

October 4, 2021

Hey, there. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and leave this feedback. I would recommend reaching out to our Live support team via our Help Center (https://bit.ly/2AWw5VA) to take a closer look into some of these concerns.