Inventory Source

Inventory Source

by Inventory Source

Sync Thousands of Dropship Products & Orders Seamlessly

Worldwide Bazaar

I signed up for Inventory Source about a month ago and have had nothing but major frustration and time consuming problems. I paid $225 per month for the FULLY AUTOMATED Pro plan. Here is a list of issues that I encountered: 1) Customer Service takes at least half a day MINIMUM to respond to messages. There is no phone number, only emails to communicate with them. They take days to even try to address issues. After weeks of trying to communicate with them, almost none of my issues were ever addressed. 2) It takes days to import new products to your store from the supplier feeds. Also, only a small portion of the products I selected from suppliers ever imported to my store. 80% did not. 3) For the products that did import, most had erroneous or missing financial pricing information (Incorrect list price, completely missing Cost, Margin, Shipping and Profit data. IS actually suggested that I manually input all this data for thousands of products even though I paid them for the Fully Automated Pro plan. (There is no Shipping cost field to include that information at all, so you would have to manually keep track of that for each item, if you want to know your true cost)). 4) Once a product is imported from the supplier feed, there is no indication that if the supplier ever changed their pricing that it would update your existing products in your store. This is especially true if you were to manually update your product pricing like IS suggested to me to do. Likewise, I never saw any products that were subsequently inactive or zero qty to be removed from your store product feed. I manually removed many of the products from the supplier feed import (I removed all Doba watches for example) and days later those products are still in my Shopify store. 5) Many of the suppliers charge a very high shipping cost making it impossible to competitively price your products. (Ex: $14 for a tshirt shipping from USA to USA). 6) There are 2 main aggregate suppliers in the IS app. US Direct and Doba: In addition to paying Inventory Source $225 per month for their FULLY AUTOMATED Pro plan, I had to also sign up and get approved by both US Direct and Doba to use them as suppliers. I had to purchase an additional monthly plan to use them. So in total, I paid almost $400 per month to use IS and the 2 suppliers I chose. (I am not 100% sure if it is true for all the suppliers, but I did look at a few of the other ones and you had to sign up and pay them monthly as well). 7) US Direct is Inventory Sources flagship supplier. US Direct and IS are pretty much the same company: US Direct claims to offer almost 1 million products. In reality, approximately 850,000 (85%) are tshirt products (tshirts, tanktops, hoodies and work shirts) that have no product description, and no materials info or supplier/manufacturer name. As far as I can tell they are generic, non-brand products that are way overpriced. You would have to charge around $45-$50 for a hoodie or workshirt and $25-$30 for a tshirt or tanktop to make even a small profit. I just do not think many people would be willing to pay a premium brand name price for generic, no name products, especially when they can get very similar tshirt products for half that price from Amazon, Walmart, Ebay or dozens of other well know online stores. (Face the facts. You ARE competing with these retailers and customers WILL take 15 seconds to Google products to see if they are getting a competitive price). Of the remaining 150,000 or so products, many are generic niche products that most retailers would not want to offer in their store. For example, there are thousands of Tactical Products (Mostly firearm accessories/parts such as holsters, cleaning kits, gun sights, etc). Unless you are specializing in a gun store, I do not know why you would want to offer these products. Out of all the products being offered by US Direct, I found less than a few thousand that I thought I could competitively compete with and make a decent profit. However, most of these were fragrances. I found NONE or almost no apparel products available at all. (Ie clothing, shoes, hand bags, etc) 8) Doba: I spent about a week looking at Doba products. In my opinion, The majority of what they offer are products that nobody would want in their store and many are way overpriced and have long shipping times and high shipping costs. For example, they offer items like Sushi Chef outfits, Japanese clogs at over $50 each, and thousands of bras and panties. Also, a lot of just plain weird products such as unattached neck collars. Of the brand name products they offer, many of them are grossly overpriced with overinflated MSRP to try to fool you into thinking they are worth more than they are. For example, I looked at hundreds of brand name watches. Doba suppliers will offer a watch at $168 wholesale price with an additional $10 shipping fee with a 7 day or longer shipping time They will set the MSRP price at $450 to try to convince you the watch is worth much more than it is. Amazon will offer this same exact watch for $135 retail with 2 day free shipping. This is typical for almost all of the brand name watches Doba offers. When I brought this to IS attention, they had the audacity to suggest to me to offer the watches at a much higher retail price on my store to make money. They completely ignored the fact that any customer will most likely spend 15 seconds googling that watch to see what other stores are selling it for. They also refused to acknowledge that any customer that comes to my store and sees products being sold at much higher prices than other retailers will most likely cause that customer to never return to my store AND tell their friends not to come to my store as well. For the other brand name products, most of them seem to have supply issues with almost no inventory. For example, offering only qty 1 of a single size for a shoe. I could go on and on about the issues I have had with Inventory Source. But will end it here.

Cartel De Amore

RUN, BUGS AND ONLY BUGS, OVERPRICED AND NOT WORKING, MISSING ORDERS AND INACCURATE INVENTORY COUNTS LOADED ON TOP OF DUPLICATED PRODUCTS AND SO MUCH MORE.... THE WORST PROGRAM IMAGINABLE!!!!

Church Technology Superstore

Learn to code.

I tried integrating D&H with this app and service. Unfortunately, they over-promised and under-delivered. Their app did not sync correctly with D&H and it was placing the estimated retail price (ERP) in the equation as the minimum advertised price (MAP). Thus all of my tiered pricing was messed up.

I contacted customer service and the first time they blamed me. Didn't even bother to investigate. Once I proved to them it really was broken, they then wanted me to learn to code to change the file at D&H.

Sorry I paid for automation, not customer no-service.

Buyer beware!

Monroe & Kent Home LLC

This is my third rodeo with IS since 2018 and it seems that the service is still as awful as it was two years ago. Listen, support is prompt when you reach out, but as the previous review stated, they don't exactly address the issue.

I do not have the time or bandwidth to deal with cycle upon cycle of communication via email and when you offer me the opportunity to have a call with support, waiting four + days is not acceptable.

Then when I leverage that I want to cancel the subscription based on the less than stellar support, they don't care.

I work 16+ hour days running physical retail stores and a website to ensure our customers are 110% satisfied with us. I don't care if they spend $10 or $10,000, everyone gets the same service, so for the nonchalant "Oh we're sorry to hear you're not happy and want to cancel" - all you needed to do was take the two minutes it took you to type the email and to call me and I would have had my problem resolved.

The vendor options are less than adequate, the service misses the mark, find another option and integrate your vendor feeds directly.

Casual Toys

I'm very frustrated working with Inventory Source. If you can get it up and working properly, it seems to do it's job...but the challenge is getting anything going. Help is VERY hard to come by.

They DO respond to emails, but they're frequently unhelpful replies that don't address the question you actually asked, or take hours to get back to you. This is inventory automation software, guys. If the inventory is down, the customer (*me) is down. That means I can't serve MY customers and I look bad.

Getting a person on the phone or chat is impossible, you have to schedule that days out. (see above, re: downtime) and email responses are typically hours. So, you get to sit there and stare at your screen for a while in hopes someone gets back to you soon...and if they do that the response addresses your actual concern.

They're nice enough, and they DO respond...but they are SLOW and don't seem to understand the gravity of the issues that their customers are dealing with...or they don't care.

If you have another option, I'd suggest looking at it thoroughly or have some ironclad tech guys hiding in your closet and LOTS of patience. (LOTS.)

-Guy whose store has been down since Thursday

easy5five

Muy Mal Servicio en Atención al Cliente , tengo 10 días tratando de resolver mi problema de Servicio con el Proveedor, tengo Ventas hechas por los Clientes y la APP de Inventory Source no da ABSOLUTA respuesta a mi Pedido, estoy Perdiendo mi Dinero , No responden a mi Problema, Siempre Recibo el mismo Correo en Respuesta para que los Calificara y eso estoy Haciendo, MUY MAL SERVICIO !

Great Deals by TMB Distributing LLC

It is horrible with Shopify, but I believe that is the Shopify end of the equation, because it works perfectly with Amazon, the Shooify platform Is too difficult. Amazon is very easy to work with!

getnowmart.com

HORRIBLE, WORST i lost $50 once they get your money, no way to contact them, no one to respond. Keep away

April 22, 2019

Hi there! We did some quick research on your store name, and it seems that our Customer Support Manager tried reaching out to you via phone and email. We would’ve been more than happy to assist you, but it seems like we never got a response. We have multiple avenues to contact us, including scheduling calls with our technical support experts and our support email with an average response time of 3 hours.

Mountain Man's Gear Shop

If this would let me, 0 stars would be given. Just work with the actual suppliers directly and save your money. These people are happy to take 150 dollars a month for below sub-par service, a dysfunctional app, and an in house "supplier" called US Direct that is floundering miserably as item after item goes out of stock and never gets restocked, ever. The list goes on. I have to start my entire store over from square one thanks to the incompetence of this app and its staff.

April 22, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It looks like we tried reaching out to you several times to learn more about what issues you were facing and what we could do to help, but never received a response back. We have hundreds of satisfied customers on US Direct, and we would love to hear specific feedback on the problems you have faced as there is always room to improve!

Ecom Outlet

Terrible experience! The app is too complicated. Not worth the frustration. I only had this app for two days and I'm already fed up with it.

April 22, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. It looks like one of our team members tried reaching out to you to learn more about your issues and to help, but got no response.

Previous 1 3