Loyalty, rewards & referrals

Rating (4.5)
Developer
4.5
Edited August 27, 2021

This is our third loyalty program change. The first was decent but lacked some user-friendly backend features. The second was forced on us when they bought the first and changed it all around. Their support stunk and they removed branding ability. So we went hunting and found Loyalty Lion. LL used to be an expensive app, no doubt, but with the free plan and a la carte feature add-ons in the Shopify store, we were able to build a plan we (and our customers!) liked for less than we had been paying for the previous plans! People who think it's pricey - I have to imagine they think they need "all" the features for their store, and keep adding things. That's like going to a restaurant and ordering everything. Yes, it would be expensive and you're probably not going to eat it all anyway. I recommend starting with the free plan and then surprising your customers by adding a feature later on. Make sure it's a feature that would appeal to your particular customers. Set a budget and choose only extra features that are most important to you within that budget. So, here is what I love about LL, now that we've run it for a month: 1) The transition from our old program to this one was amazingly easy! We downloaded a csv file from our old program with names and balances, and the LL folks uploaded it within 24 hours! All of our customers kept their balances through the transition with no errors or issues... and there were over a thousand of them with balances. 2) Not only can we customize the widget (that's a feature we found value paying for) to match our branding, but the little button on screen for customers has our program name and even shows their points balance, right there! They no longer have to go hunting for it - As long as they're logged in on our site, it's right on screen for them. They LOVE that. Seeing it also reminds them that if they order more, they'll get closer to a reward. 3) LL customer service has been awesome! I have talked with several people through our transition and with questions afterward. They were all English speakers, making it easy to communicate with them, and were all professional, friendly, and encouraging. I had kept our old program in the background during the early trial phase of LL, but their customer service folks sealed the deal for me, and I am now a solid fan. My customers are collectors (we sell collectibles) so collecting "Pony Points" is fun for them, and they love redeeming points for discounts off items they want. Having a loyalty program has increased our sales noticeably. We've had great feedback since changing to LL, even from customers who have been accruing points with our previous programs... They noticed, and liked, the change. Update: 12/12/2020 - Just updating to say that we're still thrilled with both the app and the results it brings after using it for over a year. Don't underestimate the power of encouraging loyalty in your customers! Through the pandemic, our sales grew 30%, and much of that was from regular customers who use our loyalty program. Update 8/27/2021 - Just updating to say we STILL love Loyalty Lion!

Triple Mountain Model Horses
Time spent using app: About 2 years
July 19, 2019

People complaining about pricing on here is a little confusing to me - It seemed perfectly transparent to me when I signed up 6 months ago, and I was able to start small and incrementally add paid features only as I needed them. All the paid features are laid out on a single page with easy "add/remove" buttons. EASY - The only tech support request I've had so far was responded do and addressed quickly by their team. I'm a happy customer so far!

Ross Street Roasting Co.
Time spent using app: 7 months
Edited July 31, 2019

UPDATE: They said someone would get in contact with me but no-one has and it been 10 days since I left my review. I'm now deleting the app in favour of a store credit/gift card app where the support team actually respond to you ;)

ORIGINAL REVIEW: Cannot justify the cost vs ROI! Our customers don't seem to redeem their points even when we make it really easy for them - Expensive and really hasn't changed much over the years in terms of the general look and feel. I've lost hope with rewards systems after this.

PurrfectlyYappy
Time spent using app: Over 1 year
LoyaltyLion replied July 21, 2019

Hi PurrfectlyYappy!

We're sorry to read your update, a member of our team did reach out to you with the offer of a call to review your program on 22 July at 3.44 PM BST via email. We would still love to speak with you, if you’d still like to speak to us. We've just sent another email to you today.

Thanks,

LoyaltyLion

July 3, 2019

Are you looking for Reward & Refferal program and not sure what to pick? If you are serious about your business, Loyalty lion will for sure suit all of your needs. Also this is something that weighs heavy. They give you the option of having the same loyalty program on multiple websites even with different languages with one account. you get CSM on early tiers which is awesome, there is so much value in having someone in your corner helping you with all the details and issues that may come up. I was in your footsteps once so I completely understand the hard decision you are facing so Think Long term and choose wisely!

Brandson Iceland
Iceland
Time spent using app: 8 days
LoyaltyLion replied July 9, 2019

Thanks for the feedback! Pleased to hear you're having success with our multi-site and multi-language functionality :)

June 12, 2019

Zero Point if i can....So disappointed...the pricing is not transparent, and you have to pay for everything. Compare to others apps with a same feature this apps is so expensive than others. Uninstall...thank you

Softlens Queen
Indonesia
Time spent using app: 14 minutes
LoyaltyLion replied June 26, 2019

Hey! Really sorry to hear that you didn't find our pricing transparent. With the free plan you are able to set-up a loyalty program that allows customers to collect points for certain activities (make a purchase for example) and then reward customers with money off vouchers. The free program also includes various administrative controls to help you run the programme. One of our support team has reached out to you to get an understanding of which additional functionality beyond the above you were looking for to see whether we can help.

May 30, 2019

If I could I would give Zero. The app do not have the option to uninstall. I hope no one falls in the same problem I had. Terrible experience.

GC Beauty
Brazil
Time spent using app: About 10 hours
LoyaltyLion replied May 31, 2019

Hi there, sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with LoyaltyLion - one of our team will be in touch to help ASAP.

May 23, 2019

Had their app install and so far loving it. Their customers support is good too. I pay attention to an app developer customer service than their products itself. I love the fact that they let you select other functions that you want for $5 to $10 without forcing anyone to upgrade to the $159 plan. I have installed over 5 loyalty reward app before uninstalling them and selected with loyaltylion program.

I honestly don't mind paying those extras dollars to get the features I want to add to my program. How much you pay is up to you,otherwise you can just use it for free. Good work to the loyaltylion teams. Keep making awesome apps.

Ethel Adams
India
Time spent using app: 3 months
LoyaltyLion replied May 28, 2019

Hi Ethel Adams,

Thanks for the great review! We're glad to hear you are enjoying LoyaltyLion and the flexibility around the different features we offer :)

May 19, 2019

Despite some peoples complaints about pricing, this app gets the job done for what seems to be a pretty fair price. The A la Cart option seems to fit the bill for our needs!

The Steam Co.
Time spent using app: About 8 hours
LoyaltyLion replied May 20, 2019

Thanks for the review! We are glad to hear you're enjoying your experience and that LoyaltyLion meets your needs :)

May 3, 2019

Extremely fishy!!!
Every "comma" we may add will come with extra payments.
Before anything else, before starting to translate or anything, check this page of them and see the prices they will ask for stuff.

Bem Estar Essencial
Portugal
Time spent using app: About 2 hours
LoyaltyLion replied May 8, 2019

We’re sorry to hear you didn’t have a good experience with our pricing structure - our enhancements are designed to enable stores on the free plan to add additional loyalty functionality one feature at a time, without having to move up on to one of our paid plans. I'll be in touch to provide further support!

Lottie (LoyaltyLion Customer Success)

Edited May 3, 2019

We love the app at FutbolMarkt.com - it fits seamlessly into our store. We've added all of the features we wanted and we look forward to it adding another aspect to our store.

Meanwhile their support is excellent. They've helped us with our queries and troubleshooting and have been very responsive.

Highly recommend!

FutbolMarkt.com
Time spent using app: About 2 months
LoyaltyLion replied May 7, 2019

Great to hear that you've had a good experience and look forward to seeing some great results. Thank you for the feedback :)