Bold Product Options

Bold Product Options

by BOLD

Product Options & Customization w/ Conditional Logic & Pricing

Dream World Design

swatch update is okay. It is basically a choice of colors but the colors are now squares or pictures. it lacks the ability to link a color selection to an image which practically all websites do and is what we would like so still 1 star for now.

Ringsplints Com

I tried this app because I needed pricing options (or I thought - I found a way around it with ShopPad Infinite Options which was SUPER easy and FREE and I love it!). This app was a flop and a total pain in the hiney, and $20/month+ is too much considering all the work you have to do to install and keep it going. For that monthly price, they should do it all for you, then charge you the $20/month+. This app had what seemed like countless lines of code I had to enter. The app glitch badly, not because of my copy/paste coding, but just with its interface with my theme I guess. Customer support didn't want to help figure it out, so we'll never know. When it continued to glitch BADLY (as in - items couldn't be removed from the cart, etc), customer support blamed me, said it was in the coding and I'd have to find it : - / . When I decided to uninstall it (this was after a WEEK'S worth of labor getting all the variants in and coding per their instructions), it left remnants in my coding, which I didn't put there - apparently it automatically installs code EVERYWHERE. It took careful searching on EVERY page (literally, every html/css page, snippet and asset to find all the remnants.) And it was obvious that there were remnants. On my storefront, staggered among the images, was incomplete coding "liquid error".....all over the place. Pricing options are what I needed, but after using this app, it's better to find a workaround if you can and use ShopPad Infinite Options instead.

Vapequeen

Bottom Line. BOLD Apps has one of the WORST customer service I have ever seen. I have reported them to their Shopify Account Manager and I truly hope that Shopify forces them to up their game. If I install a trial I should be able to get tech support immediately. Not send a dozen emails that go unanswered and then have to wait a minimum of 48 hours to schedule a call with someone (which is only a brief call) just to get the app working??? How does that make sense? When I install an app it is because I NEED it NOW - not 48+hours later. Shame on you Bold! I truly hope Shopify forces you to step up your game or kick you out of the App Store altogether.

Totebagfactory

this the app caused an unreasonable speed problems on my website so had to uninstall. Still trying to uninstall js that came with the app but no luck yet.

Brilliance Table Lamps

I gave multiple chances to this app and all of them have failed. Every time there was bug of some kind making purchasing an item either difficult, confusing or impossible. Either the prices were not showing up in the cart making it confusing for customers, either the options wasn't showing up at all in the cart or the product itself was simply not there anymore. Sometimes, the price was even doubled for no reason. I've seen customers trying to purchase an item and not doing it because of these issues. We've lost money and time with that app and I don't recommend it. It might work for you but for us it was a complete failure. A lot of room for improvement.

Evador Wroughtiron

Useless! DON'T rely on this APP at all! We've used it for nearly 2 years. OK to start off with (although a bit clunky and seriously messes with the look and feel of checkout cart so needs adjusting...by you!). They've just done an update and the app has fallen over badly. Half hearted attempt from BOLD to produce a reliable app. We have an online store selling gates and fencing and need to add approx 150 options (for sizing). Thankfully we have another website as this app could have crucified our online sales!

You'll spend hours scratching your head with this APP...then, after all your effort, something out of your control goes wrong! Worse part is we've had another Shopify site developed (at a cost of over £15,000!!) which we can no longer use without having someone write a program for us (which wont be "BOLD" as we asked them to create a separate program in 2015...which didn't work so we had our money back!).

DO NOT USE - MAYBE OK FOR A MONTH OR EVEN SIX MONTHS BUT THEN....FAIL!

Oh, I know I'm going on (but they have seriously let us down), there support team! Explain in massive detail, they'll send you a response (usually asking for more detail), you send even more - then they come up with an answer of "IT TAKES 24 HOURS FOR OUR SERVERS TO UPDATE". What!!!! If I'm changing pricing...surely that needs to take effect straight away!! And what kind of aged server are you using?? and...it didn't work anyway so more time wasted.

ALSO...we've now had to stop customers being able to purchase fully on our site! Click our name for proof (and go to a product) for reasons why NOT to use these!!

Good luck to those who read more positive reviews and decide to install. Like I mentioned before, we've had this app running for nearly 2 years pretty much trouble free till disaster!

Jmarie Clothing

This app was the worst i have ever dealt with in all of my years of web development. It took me over 5 hours to try and install this app with the amount of customization that was required. After the 5 hours of work It still would not work for me, I was getting errors left, right and centre. There were no options showing up after I installe this app, when I select 'add to cart' I was getting more errors. The developers of this app really need to reconsider the shear amount of work that is involved in the installation of this app

And they try to charge then to install it for you? They charge enough as it is!this is the biggest scam I have ever come across in my life.

I have no idea how this app achieved 10/10 rating.

Sportzcrazymama

Never, ever depend on this app. With the prices charged, I expect support at least during normal business hours. Often during these hours, telephone support is not available. When someone answers, they are personally incapable of helping . They tell you they will open a ticket. Days will go by.

I've had a ticket open since Nov 7th. Today is Nov 22. I've had several responses to this ticket that apologized for them dropping the ball and it would be escalated to level 2 support and taken care of.

I'm still here with an open ticket on Nov 22. Today I sat here with the chat window open waiting on my issue to be fixed. Finally when told it was resolved, i went to preview the issue the tech said was fixed. Nothing is fixed, still no options showing.

Very poor service, very poor support. I will also say that I have had zero correspondence from this company for FIVE DAYS. FIVE DAYS OF AN OPEN TICKET - A TICKET OPEN SINCE NOV 7th that had supposedly been escalated to 'level 2' several times. If your business depends on customers being able to customize products, look elsewhere.

Redneck Nation

Did not work correctly after they installed the coding on my site (yes paid them) that's money I will never get back. Is impossible to get any support people on the phone and not only did it not work properly but caused issues with my store putting my business in jeopardy and sales. Yes we ring about 5,000 a day through our store so it was a pretty serious issue. I finally fixed it myself after I republished an olde version before they added the code and fixed it right away. Would not recommend and very disappointing being I have several of Bold aps and spend allot of money monthly with them. So before anyone thinks that I'm just being a hater that is not the case at all... just frustrated.

Sure Grip Shaving Razor

I want backup the negative feedback on Bold's services.

The support agent wrote an email 15 minutes passed the appointment time "Tried calling your for our appointment today and was unable to get through each time i called."

1. First he only called twice on my number;
2. One does not need to try my number twice to figure out "unknown" caller cannot go through my phone;
3. He could leave a voice mail instead of email me 15 minutes later.

His time is value and I need to book for his help. My time is also valuable.

This is the second time their support team disappoint me.

I would say, their supporting team in general, very bad.