Shopify Email

Shopify Email

by Shopify

Email marketing made for commerce

infograpify

This app seemed promising but right now it is too basic, too slow, and it lacks flexibility. Not recommended.

3 Little Crowns

Complete waste of time. Don't repeat our mistake. I thought 20k subscriber list wasn't big but according to them it's huge and if you try to send an email to any more than 5k at a time it will fail. Support was completely useless. Back to Mail Chimp!!

NIDO

I can't send due to an upper limit error even though I haven't sent 5 messages It cannot be used as it is, so please support it.

Ariel's Vibes

An Email Marketing Application that hasn't automation is just useless... It looked easy to use, but without a decent flow you cannot build your customers list... Just taking space on my App Shelf...

November 17, 2020

Hey there,

Charlotte here from Shopify Support. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I can absolutely see the importance of being able to automate emails using the Shopify email app, and would be happy to pass along your feedback to our developer team.

Our team is consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our merchants needs, so I'm going to follow up with you with an email, to open up the lines of communication here, in case you have any additional feedback you would like to share with us.

Best,
Charlotte | Shopify Support

Chinspire Collections

I have issue on this app for so many times. I called and e mail to the support and they always sounds so nice and kind to willing help me solve the issue. But the issue never solve and when I e mail the support again like 5 times and no one get back to me. I am so frustrated and disappointed because I am new here and was SO HAPPY with Shopify and now with not able to e mail to my subscribers, I am losing so many sales. I don't know why NO ONE getting back to me about my e mail marketing issues... AND I am still being bill for the monthly fee... ;(

November 12, 2020

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us, and sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can see if I can help you any further with getting the app set up and working for your store.

Claire l Shopify

Cap Shield

I was looking forward to using this app. However the 'automation' that Shopify has implemented around campaign success makes it unusable for me. They will not tell you the magic number they deem to high for unsubscribe rates before they will stop your campaign. My campaigns had >1% unsubscribe rates on a shop that wasn't even 4 months old and they told me I should do some maintenance on my subscriber list to avoid being blocked! All the work to build out a campaign and then see that it hasn't been delivered due to 'automation rules' is very frustrating. I will no longer be using this app.

October 7, 2020

Hey there,

Amy here from Shopify. I just wanted to take a minute and thank you for leaving us this valuable feedback. I can completely understand your frustration. Im going to follow up with you via email so I can gather all of your thoughts to ensure this goes directly to our developers.

Amy l Shopify

Darby Scott

Very basic - No ability to automate flows - You cannot add a logo or match to your theme or customize fonts. Shopify promised upgrades months ago it still says new templates coming soon - I guess SOON means in a few years?! sticking with our other email provider for now.

September 28, 2020

Hey there,

Charlotte here from Shopify Support. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our team is consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our merchants needs. We often times cannot provide exact time-line on when changes or new launches of our products will take place, but rest assured that we always take our merchants feedback seriously when making these plans for the future. I'm going to follow up with you with an email, to open up the lines of communication here, so I can provide your feedback to my team.

Best,
Charlotte | Shopify Support

GrantFab

Shopify will control your marketing and shut down your email before it is sent to all of your customers. This has happen to me 3 times out of 7 emails sent to the same list. It is very frustrating not having the control over your own list. After finally getting a hold of customer support I was told there is no way to turn off the big brother controls of the email system. Until they get the bugs worked out it's really a crap shoot if it will work.

Hey there!

I would love to talk to you further and better understand the issues you were facing to see what we can do on our end. I will send you an email to open up that line of communication, and will be able to pass on feedback to our developers.

Claire - Shopify

Amanita Audio

No "thank you for subscribing" email possible!? More expense and time wasted on another app just to get this feature. What a glaringly obvious failure.

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our team are continuing work to improve the app and add functionality to suit our Merchants needs. I'm going to follow up with you with an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team.

Claire l Shopify

LES ENFANTS

DO not use this app. The features are quite limited so that is a big limitation but to make it a NO GO at all, they have strange guidelines that they do not share with you on when to stop your campaign in the middle of it. They decided to stop my campaign due to "bad metrics". What metrics??? My unsubs rate (of the same list that I used on mailchimp without issues) was 2.5%, which is a little higher but for my niche of baby products not unusual as babies, you know, grow. They apparently decided it was too high even if an open rate of over 37% (industry average 15-25%) and a click through of over 6% (industry average 2,5%). Now, if I want to re-send the campaign, there is no way of re-sending to those that have not yet received it. So they screwed my campaign delivery and there is no way to save it.
Save yourselves time and do not use this. I am back to mailchip.

Hey there!

Claire here from Shopify Support. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing with email delivery. I would love to talk to you further and better understand the issues you were facing to see what we can do on our end. I will send you an email to open up that line of communication, and so we can get your feedback to our developers.

Claire - Shopify