Shopify Email

Shopify Email

by Shopify

Email marketing made for commerce

GrantFab

Shopify will control your marketing and shut down your email before it is sent to all of your customers. This has happen to me 3 times out of 7 emails sent to the same list. It is very frustrating not having the control over your own list. After finally getting a hold of customer support I was told there is no way to turn off the big brother controls of the email system. Until they get the bugs worked out it's really a crap shoot if it will work.

Amanita Audio

No "thank you for subscribing" email possible!? More expense and time wasted on another app just to get this feature. What a glaringly obvious failure.

LES ENFANTS

DO not use this app. The features are quite limited so that is a big limitation but to make it a NO GO at all, they have strange guidelines that they do not share with you on when to stop your campaign in the middle of it. They decided to stop my campaign due to "bad metrics". What metrics??? My unsubs rate (of the same list that I used on mailchimp without issues) was 2.5%, which is a little higher but for my niche of baby products not unusual as babies, you know, grow. They apparently decided it was too high even if an open rate of over 37% (industry average 15-25%) and a click through of over 6% (industry average 2,5%). Now, if I want to re-send the campaign, there is no way of re-sending to those that have not yet received it. So they screwed my campaign delivery and there is no way to save it.
Save yourselves time and do not use this. I am back to mailchip.

FITELUXE

Sent two Newsletters and it didn't work at all. from Thousands only 92 have received a mail. App doesnt work.

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Shopify email app with us. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can dig further into your issue and get the app working for your store.

Natisoul Boutique

It is not good and not beginner friendly. It is extremely complicated for no reason. Customers cannot even send anything to me so there is no point.

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear you found the app complicated to use and did not have the functionality you wished for. Our team are consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our Merchants needs. I'm going to follow up with you with an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team.

WineHive, Inc.

Where's the automation?! I'm trying to setup an automated welcome email for new subscribers and there does not appear to be a way to do this. Am I missing something?

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Currently automation is not a feature of the app but our team are consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our Merchants needs. I'm going to follow up with you with an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team.

Atomic-Moto

Email app has sending issues, which after testing appear to be linked to amount of embedded images. Emails stop sending after delivering to 30% of the list. Open stats are actually good. Checking with support did not find an explanation. It i super easy to use, and I hope Shopify puts more dev into it. However, if your goal is sending an email, sending failure is a catastrophic error, so I cannot recommend this app.

UPDATE: I have been contacted by Shopify support regarding this, and the person is looking into my issues. The tech is competent and seems to be willing to research.

Hey there!

Claire here from Shopify Support. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing with email delivery. You can find some great insight here as to how to increase the deliverability of your emails - https://bit.ly/314x9jQ

I am also going to send you an email to open up communication incase you have any other questions, and also so I can get your feedback to our developers.

Dyeing For Bees

Am I missing something? I cannot send emails to anyone but my "email subscribers" list which doesn't include customers that have signed up through the pop up app that I use to collect customer's emails. Which seems to be the most effective way of getting emails so I do not want to quit using it. But with no way to email them through this app, it makes BOTH apps pointless. I have reached out for help and was told to use the pop up apps option to have them automatically respond when a customer signs up. Okay great, but what about after that? I can never email them again? If I am just not doing something right someone please tell me !!! I cannot figure it out!

Hey there!

Claire here from Shopify Support. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing with email subscribers. This is correct, with Shopify email you can only send newsletters to customers who have consented to receive marketing emails.

With the pop up app you are using, this will usually add the customer automatically to the email subscriber list, and you can contact them but doesn't seem to be the case here.

I am going to follow up with you in an email so we can further troubleshoot this issue for you, and hopefully get this resolved.

Gemworldonline

all the mails are going in junk, it pretty useless for us.
please try to do some thing with this.

August 26, 2020

Hey there! Claire here from Shopify Support. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing with spam filters. You can find some great insight here as to how to increase the deliverability of your emails - https://bit.ly/314x9jQ

I am also going to send you an email to open up communication incase you have any other questions!

Dr Gus Nutrition

It literally sends emails to the most simple schedule ever. It does nothing of any use. What are you charging for? Something as simple as this should be free across all plans!

August 26, 2020

Hey there! Claire here from Shopify Support. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear of the struggles you were facing.

I would love to talk to you further and get a better understanding on how we can improve the app. I will send you an email to open up that line of communication!

Previous 1 3