Shopify Email

Shopify Email

by Shopify

Email marketing made for commerce

Northern Lights Vedic

I love the idea of Shopify Email, but this is way too basic for our needs. I was hoping it would be similar or better than the old Mailchimp/Shopify integration, but it doesn't even come close. There are both basic and advanced features that are missing.

Here are some missing features:

-2 and 3 column sections

-sections that allow you to add your choice of standard content blocks (buttons, text, images, products, etc.). That works so much better than relying on finding a pre-made template that has all the right content blocks.

-the ability to add images! Logo and products are the only images that can be added to emails now.

-use Paragraph, Header 1, Header 2, etc. for text instead of fiddling with the size continually. Very important for those of us that have blog posts we share through email. I like that you can change the text size, but it's set up in a way that doesn't work for long text blocks.

-there's something weird with the "from" section in the email designer. It should be possible to add alternate emails rather than just the main store email.

-it's great to be able to add products, but what about collections? It would be more useful for us to be able to add a collection and pull a certain number of those products into the email or simply a collection image and link

-automated emails, ideally with the option of automated email sequences (welcome emails, thank you emails, abandoned cart emails, email sequences triggered by tags/shopping behavior/birthday/custom date field, reengagement campaigns, etc.)

-custom fields. We use Mailchimp as a CRM where we have additional information about our customers like birthday, custom date fields, interests, etc. Currently there is no option for this in Shopify.

-ability to send emails to people who have purchased (or not yet purchased) specific products. In general, customer group filters are not sophisticated enough.

-Shopify is in a unique position to be able to pull off personalized recommended product emails based on customer behavior. That would be a amazing to see here.

I could see this working for businesses that are just getting off the ground or have only a handful of products. For now, it is not useable for us. But I'm hoping that Shopify Email will grow to include some of these features. I would much rather use Shopify in the future if it's able to up its email game.

Edit: Forgot to mention merge fields, discount codes and email scheduling in the list of missing features. I'm also concerned by some reviews mentioning the app hurting their sender reputation and even blacklisting domains. Those reviews may be overblown, but there doesn't seem to be an effective way of managing list cleaning, authorizing send emails, etc.

August 26, 2020

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback with us. Our team are consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our Merchants needs so it is great to get so much context. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team and if there is anything further we can assist with.

glassesng

good pricing but the delivery rate is quite poor when compared to previous email app we have used it the past. I believe there will be future improvements.

July 29, 2020

Hey there!

Amy here from Shopify, thanks for the feedback! You can find some great insight here as to how to increase the deliverability of your emails - https://bit.ly/314x9jQ

I'm going to send you an email to open up communication incase you have any other questions!

Ritology

Creating and sending basic emails is great, however the reporting is very limited and a feature as important as an automated welcome email when a new email subscriber is added, is not available. The ability to create a welcome sequence would be even better.

July 20, 2020

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our team are consistently working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our Merchants needs. I'm going to follow up with you with an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team.

Flamingo Shores - Original Art for Home and Office Decor

I tried to use it in lieu of G-Suite or Office but it seems super clunky that way. I was hoping to send individual emails to prospective clients, but you have to draw from a list of already subscribed members. If you people, it doesn't seem to allow you to select individuals, only lists and lists only seem to come from those that subscribe on Shopify (vicious circle). Seems like a lot of work to do something simple like send individual, not automated emails. The system seems fine for broadcast emails and newsletters.

Hey there!

Amy here from Shopify, I just wanted to take the time to thank you for leaving us a review. In terms of not being able to send individual emails, that is expected. The Shopify Email app is meant to allow you to send out bulk, marketing emails. I would love to hear more about changes you would like to see in the app. I'm going to send you an email so I can gather more information from you.

Amy l Shopify

freddie the rat kids boutique

Pretty basic, half the time my subscribers don’t get emails. Missing heaps of important info. Definitely need to download something more professional.

Hey there!

Amy here from Shopify, I just wanted to take a minute to thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. Honest feedback from users like yourself is truly what helps us improve. I would love to hear exactly what you feel is missing so I can pass it along to my developers. I'm going to send you an email to open up communication.

HO SOCCER México

I think this is great for showing your products, but theres missing very important features such as the creation of Signup forms for new visitors.

Hey there!

Amy here from Shopify, thanks for the valuable feedback. I would love to talk to you about how you can implement a signup form for new visitors. I'm going to send you an email so we can chat more about this.

Its Delish

Five stars for being there, but 1 star for content. It appears to allow limited content and links...

June 22, 2020

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time leave us a review. Our team are constantly working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our merchants needs, and I will be sure to pass on this feedback to our team. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so if there is any further feedback on features you would love to see I can pass this on to our developers too.

D20 Collective

It seems functional enough, but the editability of the email body is subpar. I would love to be able to use it but I do not want to sacrifice the look of the email for something a bit more integrated. I cannot even add 2 columns to the thing. Using it would make my life so much easier seeing as we send out weekly emails updating customers on what products got moved into the sale collection. But we sell small products and having 7 big images that take up the full width is beyond excessive.

June 22, 2020

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed review and for the feedback on how the app could work better for your business. It is very much appreciated and super helpful to other merchants as well as our team. I'm going to follow up with you in an email to open up the lines of communication here so I can provide your feedback to my team, as well as anything else you may want to add.

Annie and Sisters

Very basic email app. It's fairly easy to use but wish there were more tools like automating welcome emails or scheduling them.

June 9, 2020

Hey there,

Claire here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time leave us a detailed review. I'm a glad to hear you found it easy to use, but can totally understand wanting more functionality for your business. Our team are working to improve the app and add functionality to suit our merchants needs, so I will be sure to pass on this feedback to our team for future updates. I'm going to follow up with you in an email so if there is any further feedback on features you would love to see I can pass this on to our developers too.

Rock n Romance

So, if you are a small business and just want something that will ping out a basic email to your customers then this is for you ..

However, if you actually care about your communication with customers and require a decent level of customization and control then stick with a dedicated 3rd party app ..

We would have loved to streamline our email into shopify but sadly with the functions as they are it just wont happen .. Mailchimp .. my business with you is safe for now ..

Mike, Co-Founder
www.RocknRomanceVintage.com

May 29, 2020

Hey Mike,

Amy here from Shopify. I appreciate the feedback. I would love to hear more about what features you feel are missing and what can be changed/improved so that I can pass the details along to my developers. I'll shoot you an email to open up that communication!

Previous 1