4.9

Merchants appreciate this app for its easy setup and navigation, and its positive impact on customer engagement and loyalty through features like point collection and redemption. Its seamless integration with Shopify and other apps enhances customer experience. The responsive customer support team offers personalized service, including live chat. Some find the pricing expensive, but note the team's flexibility in finding solutions. The app offers customization to fit specific brand needs and has been key in growing returning customer bases and increasing sales.

June 5, 2017

Very easy to understand and excited to try it out!

Stevie Rep Kbartley
8 months using the app
October 31, 2016

Have just been told I now have to manually create and upload my discount coupons for every customer's reward point purchase (points = discount coupon). Waste of time and will be looking for another app that doesn't charge so much for half the work. 0/10.

Femme Fatale Cosmetics
12 months using the app
March 7, 2018

I think this is the #1 app shopowners should be using for discounts. No email opt-ins, no wheelio, but this reward program.

It was a 5 minute setup, the free plan has all the feutures you need, looks very, very clean on your webshop too.

I thought the integrations with fb sharing, email referral, tweeting and instagram follow would be slow and distracting customers to other pages, but it's not. It works perfectly fine and not distraction on both mobile and desktop.

I'll report in a month a new review about how the results it got me, a this is very easily trackable with the included analytics inside the app.

Thizzadizza
Netherlands
December 23, 2016

Very easy to use app. I can foresee helping many stores get customers

Flyy Mart
Singapore
November 22, 2021

Amazing APP with Great Customer Service Support. All store owners need to get a quick response as soon as they install any APP. This is the amazing team to support every question that you need to ask. They are always ready to help and App is working fine online and POS. 100% recommend for those who want to use Royal Reward program for your store.

N-STAR
Myanmar (Burma)
Smile.io replied November 22, 2021

Thanks so much for your lovely review! We're so glad to hear that you had a great experience with our support team 💖 Always happy to help! ⭐️

November 13, 2022

Great experience with Customer Support! I could feel that everyone from Smile is keen to help. Awesome!

hanpoom-dev-test
Smile.io replied November 14, 2022

We appreciate your review and are so glad you had a great experience with our support team! We are happy to help you. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else :)

Edited January 15, 2022

The loyalty and referral programs are great, and their support is fantastic! Mackenzie was really prompt in answering all our queries. EDIT: 2022-01-14
After using Smile for a few months, I've reduced our ratings to 2 stars. Two of our biggest complaints are: 1. Terrible UX for discount code redemption: The user "applies" a discount code on the cart page via the Smile nudge, but there is no user visible feedback whatsoever that the code has been applied. About 75% of our customers that create discount codes don't actually end up redeeming them because of this, and we think our conversion rates have actually *reduced*. Our tech team spent significant amount of time trying to fix this on our end, but because Smile runs within an "iframe" there is absolutely nothing you can do. Be prepared for customer complaints that their points redemption isn't working. 2. Mediocre functionality to handle customer refund abuse: A customer can place an order, redeem their earned points and then return their original order. Effectively, they've gotten "free" points. There's nothing you can do to address this, other than manually inspect the points dashboard in Smile and address these cases. Not at all feasible if you deal with a large quantity of orders and operate on thin margins. There are easy tech solutions to this (e.g. Smile could let us delay awarding points by x days), but Smile doesn't support them. Unfortunately we can't really disable the program once we've launched it without aggravating our loyal customers. So we're stuck dealing with these issues while we look for an alternate program to migrate to. Regardless of the app issues, their support team is stellar in their responsiveness.

Shop The Arena
India
About 1 year using the app
Smile.io replied October 26, 2021

I'm glad to hear you are happy with the loyalty and referral programs. It was great to work with you and get your business what it needed 😁
- Mackenzie

November 7, 2021

always a perfect costumer service! i have a question, they answer quickly and find a way to help me.

Boutique Shaman
Smile.io replied November 8, 2021

Thank you so much for the 5 star rating and kind words! We're so happy our team were able to help! 😄

September 22, 2022

Ik heb deze app getest, echter deze app beschikt niet over de mogelijkheid om de Nederlandse taal te gebruiken in de communicatie naar klanten. Dus niet bruikbaar voor ons. Technisch / functioneel prima app overigens

Tango Shoes
Netherlands
12 months using the app
Smile.io replied September 22, 2022

Hey Marteen! Thanks for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback!

Joana from Smile here 👋 Regarding languages, we currently offer Smile in 5 languages (English, Spanish, French, German, and Portuguese) but full translations for Dutch are not currently offered.

However, I have sent you an email with a few examples of Dutch merchants using the semi-translated version of Smile!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Met vriendelijk groet,
Joana 🙏

October 4, 2022

Jade is awesome at responding and getting me the info I need quickly! Super fast response time and always has the answer.

Luxe Auto Concepts
Smile.io replied October 5, 2022

Jade is the best! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! 😍

Cheers,