Cross Sell Related Products

Cross Sell Related Products

by Cross Sell

Recommended product cross sells and upsells help increase AOV

Save Rite Medical

For years without issue, I was using the cross-sell app (https://apps.shopify.com/cross-sell). However, today Petra contacted me saying the app needed an upgrade. Silly me for giving the OK to them during my peak hours of the day because now my customers cannot add items which were linked via cross sell to their carts. I have reached out to cross sell and they have no clue how to revert their changes. Therefore, I deleted their app and all my cross sells. If you are using their product, make sure you check your cross-sell products after they make their upgrade..

March 18, 2021

Hello Marc,

we are very sorry the issue happened to you exactly at the time we finished upgrading you to the latest version of Cross Sell. However, as a part of the upgrade, we tested the Upsell pop-up, which is triggered after you click on the "Add to Cart" button and that was working just fine. When you reached back to us asking to revert the changes, we reverted all of the changes immediately.

Kind regards,
Petra

Sonage Skincare

Extremely unhappy with the customer service. I specifically asked not to add the app to the current published theme but they went ahead and did so. When I asked to remove the code from the current theme and add it to another duplicate theme, they completely stopped responding to me. I emailed 3x within the span of a week and no response.

December 14, 2020

Thank you for the feedback, we are very sorry you have had a negative experience. Unfortunately, as we already explained, your emails ended up in a spam folder. We immediately corrected this issue after seeing your review and this should never happen again. If you would like to reinstall our app, we will be happy to help you. Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

fyzoeshoe

The app is very difficult to set up. They even make the guidelines very difficult. What more ridiculous is that they charge $20 to set up for you.

July 24, 2019

Hi there. Sorry to hear you found setup difficult. To be clear though, WE OFFER FREE INSTALLS TO ALL CUSTOMERS, and are more than happy to get you setup. The $20 fee is only for rushed/expedited installs and is optional.

Also,
- our Helpdesk doesn't have any requests from your email/store asking for assistance... FYI we are always happy to help.
- we did reach out to you via email, but never heard back.

Best wishes.

Baa Baby

Please do not install this app - it has led to major bugs and issues with my website which have still not been resolved. The developer installed code on my site in the early hours of the morning (due to time zone differences) and within a couple of minutes I became inundated with spam emails saying items were out of stock when they weren't. I have now 3 other known issues on my site and despite removing the app and adding security apps there appears to be little else I can do. Shopify have been in contact and do not know what has happened and I am now going to have to spend money to get this resolved. Sales have fallen as my site has odd bugs and strange things going on, I really wish I had never installed this app at all

June 13, 2019

Hi Helen. When you first contacted us on the night of Tuesday May 28th, we were concerned to hear about the inventory problems you were having. We reached out Wednesday morning but by then you had already removed our app and we could not troubleshoot due to not having access to your store. We requested access again (which you approved) to remove our code, and even made you a video explaining the changes we made and later removed. It's very important to mention, as I did many times before via email and even through a detailed technical video I sent, that OUR APP DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PRODUCTS' INVENTORY.

We did our best to help you, and suggested contacting Shopify Support so that they could help narrow down the problem through their activity & access logs.

That said, I find that it's very unfair of you to blame us for issues that:
(1) we could not have been technically responsible for
(2) that Shopify (who have your full activity & access logs ) can't even explain

We're a small hard working team who run an honest business. We'd never dream of disturbing one of our customer's businesses over making a dollar. It's not us.

We're more than happy to work with you, your team and Shopify to address any problems and determine who's at fault.

All this said, my team and I would really appreciate if you removed your review, because it does not reflect accurate information about our app or how it affects stores.

OEYES

This app is really slow to solve problems, and the appearance of bugs is a headache.The reply to the email was really slow for a week and did not solve my problem.

May 31, 2019

Hi Miya. I'm sorry you felt our replies were slow & that we could not resolve the issues you had searching for items in time. Our initial confusion understanding what exactly the bug was when you first got in touch, and the timezone difference between us, might have been a contributing factor. Regardless, apologies. We will do better next time. Cheers :)

oceanstore

Useless support and NOT worth the Money. Thet spam me with emails and i have asked Them to stop 10 times!

March 15, 2019

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear your experience with us was not ideal. From what I understand, you uninstalled our app after finding it did not serve your needs. Our records show we received 3 requests for help, and promptly closed the 1st after you informed us it was not the ideal solution for you.

We should have closed the other 2 requests immediately and not followed up with automated email reminders requesting replies. For that I apologize and have made a note to improve our process & send less followup emails.

I do want to stress though that we don't spam customers, but thoroughly understand how our emails might have come across as such.

We'll do better next time.

Cheers :)

Pet Ajuda Pet

I will not use the app, very complex installation. I request cancellation.

Postergully

Their support sucks!!! I've written 3 emails in last 15 days, but they never replied. Along with it, their conversion tracking stats never pop's up any data.

I'd recommend not to use it.

Fairlings

Love the simplicity of this app! We already feel like we have so much more control over what our customers see making it more relevant to what they want. Stuart and the team are pros and are super responsive.

This was my initial review.

However after some software updates the app ruined the thumbnail images on our product pages. What's worse is that we tried to reach out to Cross-Sell directly multiple times over a week and heard nothing back from them. It's a great App but we had to delete it as it was affecting our website and they had no support.

Gronlykke Com

Excellent app. Easy to use and the support was fast and friendly. It really makes a difference in a webshops design when you are able to connect products and collections with the app.

UPDATE

Not so excellent. Does not work with Langify anymore. So all our english speaking customers cant se the related products. The worse thing is they did not tell us about the change before we found the bug. As a paying customer that p... me off.